PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good amount of hair growth for 2 months of growing?

rosieex3
May 28th, 2010, 02:10 PM
i'm new to this whole growing long, healthy hair ordeal..but i have finally put down the irons, brushes, harsh shampoo, and chemicals!

here is a photo of my hair exactly 2 months ago.
it's not my natural waves in this photo, i got it slightly curled from a salon i attended a few days before this was taken, so this is my hair mostly straightened out with a few remaining waves.
http://i50.tinypic.com/359l0z7.png

now here is my natural hair after being co-washed and plopped. this was taken about a week ago. this is actually the first time i've ever co-washed and just the beginning of me babying my hair. :)
http://i49.tinypic.com/mj04ly.png
ps - my hair is actually brown, it barely has a tint of red to it, camera flashes make it look so red though!

i'll admit that i have "hairexia"..i feel like it NEVER grows! i am trying to base things off of my elbows in these pictures. what do you think? thanks! :D

naereid
May 28th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Aw! Don't worry about it too much. Two months is a really short time. On average, hair grows half an inch a month, an inch if you're lucky. Your hair does look longer in the second picture, but then again wavy hair is funny like that. One day it looks short, one day it looks long. It could have grown, or it could just be a trick your hair is playing on you. I hope I'm not discouraging you, that's not my intention at all! Just relax and let your hair breathe. (I should take my own advice! :laugh:) You're both in a safe place now that you've found LHC. Welcome and enjoy. :grnbiggri

FrannyG
May 28th, 2010, 03:18 PM
I definitely see growth there. Let me suggest that you take a photo every month, trying to wear the same clothes and stand in the same position. You will likely not see any progress from one month to the next, but compare your latest photo to one taken three or four months ago, and you will be sure to see progress.

Congatulations to you for saying goodbye to the heat appliances, and for starting a new healthy regimen! I'm looking forward to yur future progress. :blossom:

Lamb
May 28th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Yep, I can see a good 1 inch. :agree: I agree with FrannyG, taking photos (not too often!) is a good way to gauge progress.

countryhopper
May 29th, 2010, 06:48 AM
Do you measure your hair every month? Maybe you could try it!

I can't really see growth on myself, but i can sure see the numbers change every month that I measure!

Capybara
May 29th, 2010, 08:02 AM
I definitely see some growth! :cheese: Your elbows are a good way to gauge :D Keep in mind, too, that not everyone's hair grows at the same rate. If it's the winter season where you are, your hair might not grow as quickly - and vice-versa for the summer.

Your hair is lovely.