PDA

View Full Version : I dont know what I have done.... a belssing and a curse.

PrincessTieflin
May 28th, 2010, 12:46 PM
But my hair has become more slippery, I dont get it! I haven't switched anything in at least a month or so lol.

The only thing I can think of is that I let my hair soak in coconut oil... (really heavy it lookeed wet at the time)
But that is it.....

All I know is that now my hair has alot of 'slip'...Its a good and bad thing.. the slip makes combing easier, but updo's fall out.. and makes my ponytail so thin and my buns are tiny now....

Strange...Just had to share it..

spidermom
May 28th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Coconut oil could do that, I believe. I go back and forth with this all the time. I hate when my ends get grabby, but it certainly stays put better when they are.

FrannyG
May 28th, 2010, 01:05 PM
I experience this from time to time as well after a deep oiling. I agree with you that it's a mixed blessing. Sometimes I can't even get braids to stay in very easily.

Danelliia
May 28th, 2010, 01:08 PM
I would definately say it's the coconut oil! I have this problem in that when my hair is moisturized and not dry my "curls" fall flat :(

Loreley
May 28th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Oils make hair slippery. It must have been the coconut oil. :)

Capybara
May 28th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Oiling makes my hair slippery, but without it it's really dry :o
I also find that if I cinna-bun or bee-butt bun right after a wash, my hair is really sippery afterwards. Maybe the twisting makes the cuticle lie extra flat :confused: ?

emmabovary
May 28th, 2010, 03:03 PM
My hair gets too slippery from SMTs... but I never experienced that from oiling :/

Arctic_Mama
May 28th, 2010, 03:58 PM
I've never had coconut oil do that to me, that I can recall, but it is definitely a physical possibility, especially if your hair is not very porous and the oil doesn't soak in :)

Drarra
May 28th, 2010, 04:01 PM
The first time I oiled my hair, I was surprised at the difference I noticed: how slippery and soft it was. The biggest curse was when I over-oiled and realized my hair smelled like coconut two days later.

Note to self: buy refined coconut oil next time. :)