PDA

View Full Version : New Braiding Tutorial!

pinkbunny
May 28th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Not a "how-to-braid" tutorial, but how to braid better. :D If you aready know how to braid, but need some help adjusting to growing length - this may help! I also show a little trick you can do if you get to the length of your braid and suddenly the sections are uneven (one is skinnier than the others). Yay!

Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5ORNREF2rA

yellowchariot
May 28th, 2010, 09:48 AM
I watched it! It rocks! :thumbsup:
I'm glad you explained the techniques. I also pulled my braids in a downward pattern.

Newniepg
May 28th, 2010, 10:16 AM
I found that very useful, especially the 'transfer' to the front from braiding the back. That always confuses me, but you explained it well I thought. :)

Thanks.

fairytalegirl
May 28th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Thanks! I have tried to even out my strands in the past and it never worked. I think I was not adding it over the top like you showed. I will have to try it out. I often run into this problem. Not sure why as my hair is pretty much the same length. Maybe I'm just not a very talented braider :)

Loreley
May 28th, 2010, 02:01 PM
It's great! :thumbsup:

little_acorn
May 28th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Thats great Pinkbunny - I've done the hair donating before in between strands but I don't think I donated forward so thats a good tip for me :D

restourceful
May 28th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Yes, I like the hair donating technique, too. I always just end up running out of hair with the skinny strand, but I think your technique will help me be a better braider. Thanks, pinkbunny! :bunny:

Pallas
May 28th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Nice! I like it a lot :)

pinkbunny
May 29th, 2010, 07:26 AM
Oh I'm so glad it's been helpful - I've often wondered if my ideas are somewhat original or if most other people figure out the same things as they grow... lol :D

VintageBrooklyn
May 29th, 2010, 07:51 AM
Thanks for the video! I subscribed, in hopes that you will continue to make more lovely videos!
:)

Uinda
May 29th, 2010, 11:39 AM
thank you for making such a great tutorial, I always mess up my braid when transferring the braid to the front, so I just braid over the top of my head, but will try out your technique!

SpeakingEZ
May 29th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Thanks for this! Braiding is one of those things for me where it seems I can do it for a little bit, then all the sudden it's difficult again. . . .

Ella Menneau P.
May 29th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Great tips, and I love your other video, too!.