PDA

View Full Version : Please tell us about your summer hair style

eadwine
May 10th, 2008, 07:02 AM
Do you have a typical summer hair style? Adorned with flowers or something else that shows in your hair that "it is summer, warmth is here, yeah" :)

For me, I have just started putting a flower in my hair, looks fun indeed. Had to get over the fear of being watched though, I mean, not many do that here. But I think I am no longer bothered by it :lol:

Do share!

mommy2one05
May 10th, 2008, 07:17 AM
In summer I like to wear my hair pulled back with a nice spring type headband or clip and down loose.
Of course I wear my hair loose alot.

florenonite
May 10th, 2008, 07:21 AM
In summer my hair is perpetually up because I can't stand the heat of it against my neck. Other than that, there's not much difference.

allege
May 10th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Actually during the summer I tend to let my hair down more, since I won't be wearing jackets that can catch my hair. Sometimes I hide little braids through my hair. Weekends when I am out at a reenactment my hair is up, in buns and snoods and under bonnets and hats.

LaurelSpring
May 10th, 2008, 07:28 AM
In the summer I have more of a tendency to shampoo in the morning and go out wet with a hair band on my arm, then when it dries I french braid it. That is my typical summer do. The flower sounds really pretty. I like that idea.

Stephanie
May 10th, 2008, 07:37 AM
I love wearing my hair down during the summer - I love the feel of it. It's really windy here, though, and much warmer than I'm used to, so I imagine I'll be doing my usual French twists.

rhubarbarin
May 10th, 2008, 07:56 AM
ooh I love wearing flowers in my hair. Usually my BF's plumarias (Hawaiin lei flower) start to bloom in the spring, and I wear them in my hair all the time. They smell great too.

Other than that I don't really have a summer style - other than 'up' when I am sweaty. There's only a few styles I like on myself anyway, so I look the same all year.

Phalaenopsis
May 10th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Bandana and two boxbraids. Hair is out of the way, my head is protected from the sun, just perfect, except that it has that 'tough motorcyclechick'-look :p

GlennaGirl
May 10th, 2008, 08:48 AM
In summer my hair is perpetually up because I can't stand the heat of it against my neck. Other than that, there's not much difference.

Same here! It gets very, very hot here for a number of months. It's a minimum of 90 pretty much every day between late June and late September, and will get up over 100 rather often. When that happens, I can't even do a braid--it will stick to my neck--I do a bun and not a fussy one, either. :o

Finoriel
May 10th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Summer-hair for me means, that IŽll wear everything what fits under a big hat! Braids or low buns for sunny weather. DonŽt want to look like a roasted tomato skin-wise. Wearing hats is essential for me in sunny weather. For cloudy days it will be in a higher updo because I have missed them on all the sunny days :D. Various bandanas, buffs and caps will be in use too.

eadwine
May 10th, 2008, 08:56 AM
I actually tried on hats today! Big hoot, as they are all too big for my small head :lol: If I hadn't had my bun in my nose would have been the rest point :lol:

Rosamaria
May 10th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Eadwine, what flowers do you use?

eadwine
May 10th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Rosamaria: I have bought a set of 12 from Gabbymac not too long ago. You can find that in this topic (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=1216).

It's a merged one so you have to go to the end to see it.

I have posted a picture of what I wore yesterday and today in my album (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=545&pictureid=11885).

KatKeRo
May 10th, 2008, 12:15 PM

Same here.

jessie58
May 10th, 2008, 12:27 PM
I wear my hair down a lot more in the summer because the humidity makes it curl and form little romantic wispies and I love the soft look it gives me. I also love the feel of my hair flying loose in the sunshine. When I go to sporting events or the beach, I usually braid it and put on a hat.

Eadwine, in your album, that flower in the hair is gorgeous.

eadwine
May 10th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Up up up it goes at least is my style too. Sweaty neck is not to my liking hehe..

jessie58: thank you :)

icydove
May 10th, 2008, 01:54 PM
I do my hair pretty much the same as any other season, although I tend to wear it down less because of the heat.

Naluin
May 10th, 2008, 02:20 PM
My preferred summer style is braided extensions. My scalp is much cooler with the braids in. Also, if I wash the braids in the morning, they are damp for about half the day and have a cooling effect, despite how very long the braids are.

I find a hat is handy for when the sun will be beating down on my head, and with my hair braided, hats will actually fit on my head! :cheese:

Nynaeve
May 10th, 2008, 02:38 PM
I love the feel of wearing my hair down during the summer. Sometimes I pull it up to make sure it is out of the way, like some of the times I swim, but I love the feel of it down, despite the fact that it is 100 deg here in the summer, not including the heat index.

harley mama
May 10th, 2008, 03:32 PM
When it is hot I usually wear my hair in a low single braid.
Now that I have mastered the infinity bun I use it pretty often, too.

Medievalhair
May 10th, 2008, 03:33 PM
I wear braids(french or dutch) and a bandana on the weekends, other that I wear the same styles.

Katurday
May 10th, 2008, 03:53 PM
My hair is not even shoulder length, so I pretty much take two sections from the front and twist them back and clip them with prettyful claw clips.
Summer hair care = keeping hair off my faceeee D;
I long for the day that my hair sticks to the back of my neck.

buttons
May 10th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Usually I do double-french-braids so I can keep them in front of my shoulders and off my neck. I think this half-up comes in handy when I don't want my hair in my face:

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/5374/21haydenlglie7.jpg.

I also really like this style with a flower:

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/1528/summerchignonur6.jpg

It's still up and off the neck, but its more casual than my usual bun because it's looser and softer looking (plus the flower makes it less stern.) A side-ponytail, chignon, or braid is nice too (and keeps your hair off your neck!)

I have to experiment with my hair soon, since It's so much shorter I can't do some of my usual summer styles :(.

prosperina
May 10th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Hah! Summer hair. You mean hell weather hair! :D I don't go outside in the summer if I can help it. Temperatures are regularly well over 100 degrees Fahrenheit. I think that translates into 40 something celsius.

I like to try to skip town altogether, but that doesn't usually work out. I wear my hair down outside so I can put on my big floppy straw hat, then I immediately bun it with a scrunchie or a ketylo. Or sometimes I can do half up and still wear my hat. This summer, which hasn't entirely started yet--it will only be 95 tomorrow--I intend to mist like crazy. It will be all about the damp up dos.

I like hibiscus for flowers in my hair. (Kind of makes me want to start singing a 60s song! :) )

Curlsgirl
May 10th, 2008, 07:30 PM
I like braids a lot too and I can fold them if I want it off my neck and clip. I also wear buns some so I can take my hair down and mist it to keep me cooler. I rarely wear mine down in the summer either, just too hot and humid here from June on really. I wear a hat too when I am outside to protect it and my face. I don't like getting sun anymore. I am going to the beach next week and trying to figure out the best way to protect my hair and skin. I haven't been in a few years and I forgot!

curls2grow
May 10th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Bun or log roll are my faithful hairdos for summer. Pretty much from June through August/September. I love not CO-washing or wetting my hair every day.

Dancewithme
May 10th, 2008, 08:10 PM
I have to cover my head in the summer when I am outside. My hair is very dark/black so my head gets so hot I start getting a headache if I don't. I usually wear it in a braid or braids with some kind of white or light colored covering or hat.

ColoradoDreamer
May 11th, 2008, 02:59 PM
This will be my first summer as an "official longhair," so I can't really say that I have a typical hairstyle for summer. I'll probably be wearing ponytails a lot when I'm just out and about. For dressier occasions, I'll probably put my hair up with some kind of pretty hairtoy or something.

I do like my ponytails, though! I used to wear them a lot as a little girl, and they still rock, as far as I'm concerned.