PDA

View Full Version : Bizarro Braid

ohiofritty
May 27th, 2010, 01:18 PM
So here I was thinking I still knew how to french braid, but evidently I had forgotten something!

I just completed what I would have called french pigtails, but I did something different and wasn't sure what it was. I just looked up a 'How to French Braid' and discovered ...I was only adding hair from one side! DOH.

It looks like a sort of sideways dutch braid. I'll try to take a picture when I get home, its certainly strange, but works alright I think.

LoveMyMutt
May 27th, 2010, 01:21 PM
LOL, that is actually a real type of braid. It's called a lace braid, I think. I do that sometimes (on purpose!) when I braid my growing-out bangs around my face.

SpinDance
May 27th, 2010, 01:27 PM
I love lace braids and use them along the sides to keep the fly-aways to a minimum. I also find it faster to do, since there is only half the fiddling around!

ohiofritty
May 27th, 2010, 01:29 PM
aha! Well I have to agree Lace Braid is probably a better name than Bizarro Braid :D

It was really wierd though...my hands seemed like they were doing something perfectly normal (french braid) and BAM it came out completely different and I really had NO idea what I had done, HA!

serious
May 27th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Oh, my lace braids do look like Bizarro braids, I need more practice :o

BritishBraider
June 3rd, 2010, 08:34 AM
Yay for discovering things by accident!