PDA

View Full Version : Aloe - How do you use it?

BeatlesFanGirl
May 27th, 2010, 12:42 PM
I bought aloe gel today, mainly to use it on my body. Then I remembered that some of you mentioned on this site using it on hair also. My question is, how do you do it? Pre or after wash? Do you mix it with oils, conditioner?

breezefaerie
May 27th, 2010, 12:47 PM
I just apply it as I would a hair gel - a little bit smoothed over my ends and length.

Thinthondiel
May 27th, 2010, 01:32 PM
I just rub some on my hands and run it through my hair while it's wet/damp. It makes my hair very soft when it dries. :)

hairg33k
May 27th, 2010, 03:19 PM
I use it on dry hair like a gel (after my shower) to scrunch my hair with and then I also use some in the shower with honey and conditioner (Snowy's Moisture Treatment).

abbatabba1137
May 27th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Doesn't it become crunchy in your hair?

tooqute2nv
May 27th, 2010, 03:38 PM
I have really fine and straight hair naturally, but I tried aloe straight from the plant as a hair gel, and while it did not leave my hair crunchy at all, it also did not help to hold the curls or body I styled either.:o...It DID leave my hair soft though!:D:D

clichepithet
May 27th, 2010, 04:03 PM
I use a little drop in my mister bottle (with water and occasionally also a drop of whatever conditioner I have on hand). Misting before I put it up, makes for soft hair. Using a mix of aloe and oil (coconut or almond) helps me keep in wavie-curls. Also, about 1 C Vinegar, 2-3 TBL Oil and 1/4 C Aloe into warm bath water, soak, exfoliate with whatever. Makes for soft skin.

StarryNight
May 27th, 2010, 04:05 PM
I use it after I oil when my hair is wet, and sometimes dry when I have some frizzies by my face. I have never had a crunchy problem from it.

Sissilonghair
May 28th, 2010, 06:05 AM
I love Kimberlily's defrizz hairspray: aloe vera gel, jojoba oil and water,I love it on my hair and on my body,you can look on the forum for the recipe :)

zenobia
May 28th, 2010, 06:44 AM
Where can one buy aloe gel?

GRU
May 28th, 2010, 12:45 PM

I got mine at Walmart. The brand is Fruit of the Earth, and I think I found it in the hand lotion aisle.

Danelliia
May 28th, 2010, 01:12 PM
I use my both before and after washing. If I use it after a shower I put it only on the length of my hair and use it as a light holding gel. If I use if before a shower I mix it with oils and essential oils and use it as a moisturizer.

zenobia
May 28th, 2010, 01:46 PM
I got mine at Walmart. The brand is Fruit of the Earth, and I think I found it in the hand lotion aisle.

Thank you, we might go to Wal-Mart tonight so I will check for it. :)

GRU
May 28th, 2010, 05:39 PM
Thank you, we might go to Wal-Mart tonight so I will check for it. :)

You're welcome! Just make sure you get plain/pure aloe -- sometimes they have a "medicated" one for sunburns and such. My bottle has a blue lid and the gel inside is completely clear, no color at all.

ETA: They have the Goody version of Scroos, a 2-pack for $5.88 at Wally-world. Not that I'm trying to enable or anything, you understand! http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/ImaHockeyMom/boards/emoticons/whistle.gif

Meagan
May 28th, 2010, 10:06 PM
What does AV do for the hair exactly?
moisturizes it right???...should it be pure right out of the plant?

BeatlesFanGirl
May 29th, 2010, 01:07 AM

I bought dr.organic at Müller, but I doubt that you have this in the US. :D

BeatlesFanGirl
May 29th, 2010, 01:09 AM
What does AV do for the hair exactly?
moisturizes it right???...should it be pure right out of the plant?

Yes, it's supposed to moisturize and it should be 100% aloe gel. Although mine contains some preservatives I think.

Natalia
May 29th, 2010, 01:59 AM
I bought aloe gel today, mainly to use it on my body. Then I remembered that some of you mentioned on this site using it on hair also. My question is, how do you do it? Pre or after wash? Do you mix it with oils, conditioner?

I use aloe juice (same thing just unthickened) in SMT's/hair "masks" and my mister. I use it whenever i feel i need it pre or post wash when its in the mister and pre wash in treatments SMT's. Ive been meaning to try it straight as a styling spray which i hear works great for bun waves. Oh i also use it in kimberlily's spray whichis great for bun waves as well just more diluted :).