PDA

View Full Version : What do you like best about the LHC?

Amoretti
May 10th, 2008, 02:52 AM
I was feeling inspired by the other thread on what you like best about your hair. LOL.

The question isn't about what aspect of the LHC you enjoy the most (friendship, support, etc), but rather where you like to spend your time and why.

In my case I enjoy the Blogs most of all. :) That would be the most interesting place on the LHC although, funnily enough, when I first joined I thought it was the most boring one! :o

After that I'd say I like the Friendship Board and the Mane Board although I don't post as much as I used to.

The Blogs are a very special place where I can read about other people's lives and also keep up with my friends here. I used to be passionate about the old photo journals but now it's the Blogs.:)

n3m3sis42
May 10th, 2008, 05:01 AM
I like the Friendship Board and the Mane Forum right now. I don't see the blogs much yet because I don't have many friends on here yet.

Phalaenopsis
May 10th, 2008, 05:15 AM
I like the Health & Body Beautiful, the Hair Accessories and the Herbal Haircare. It is really fun to read experiences of others with hair toys and oils and such. At this time, I like Health&Body Beautiful the most, because I've just gotten a big amount of new tips and things to try to solve my 'beauty issues'. :)

Isilya
May 10th, 2008, 05:48 AM
The Friendship board (pet-threads and games in particular :o). Why? I love animals and I like playing games.
I like reading some blogs too (if I happen to stumble upon a public one, I will most likely subscribe :)), because I find it interesting to read about other people (hair, life, whatever :shrug:).

mommy2one05
May 10th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Well it was the blogs because I really enjoyed reading other people's current hair care routines and got alot of tips and ideas from those but since at the mods discretion they decided to take that away from me, now I have to browse the whole forum and I put my 2 cents in everywhere.

paper
May 10th, 2008, 07:53 AM
1) Having my own profile page to decorate it the way I like. And, having photo albums to keep track of my progress.

2) Having friends that I can talk back and forth to, keep track of their progress and support them. And, I really appreciate the support I get back. :heartbeat

3) I enjoy keeping a blog. I admit I don't read others much.

4) I love the social groups, just wish they were litte more active.

5) I just started looking at everyones photo albums and try to post if I see something I like.

6) I like to read/post in the forums, but they are tough to keep up with. Thats why it's my least favorite thing to do.

Guenever
May 10th, 2008, 10:38 AM
I also enjoy the blogs but I love reading/posting in the different types of questions in the Mane Forum and drooling about toys in the Conventional products and Hair Accessories-board :wink:

NenNa
May 10th, 2008, 11:12 AM
I like the friendly and warm atmosphere most of all. And then, of course, I like all the tips and tricks about hair care and hair toys I find here. All the amazing pictures helps me keep my focus long enough into the future - to remeber that hair growing is a slow business ;)

Nynaeve
May 10th, 2008, 12:09 PM
I think there was a thread similar to this that I posted on at some point... I'll have to find it ad maybe do some copy-pasta. :P
Condensed version: I really enjoy the feel, the very friendly atmosphere of people accepting you the way you are and not letting silly things like religion or hair color or gender or sexual preference or body modification get in the way of helping one another and being friendly.
I enjoy the wealth of knowledge and the motivation to make our hair happy and the willingness to share ideas.
There's a lot more, but that is the condensed version. :P

harley mama
May 10th, 2008, 03:42 PM
My time is usually short here. So, I try to check the "new posts" when I visit.
Thankfully, I have a great network of friends here that have been keeping me
posted on all the exciting stuff I might miss.:)

Katurday
May 10th, 2008, 03:48 PM
I actually love the archives.
There are way many helpful tips in there.
Before LHC I never knew that henna, WO, CO, cones, hair oiling, NW and aspirations for floor sweeping hair even EXSISTED.
My hair loves me because of you guys!

Indigo Girl
May 10th, 2008, 04:02 PM
I like the Mane Forum, and the differenct aspects of the friendship board (especially the Pet Forum!). The Cassia Thread is great too, and the polls are always fun ~

I also like the fact that even though I barely come on here, no matter how much time has passed, everyone is still super friendly and supportive. Of course, the drawback to this is that I don't have many friends on here yet.

LHC atmosphere has no equal!

:)

birthmarkie
May 10th, 2008, 08:06 PM
The friendship boards (I actually check this first -- ETA: by these I mean Health, Pets, all that good stuff), social groups, and the mane forum. Of course I still love to see the photo albums but it is nicer to know the people behind the hair, in a way.

I like the blogs a lot, especially when they include pictures! I used to keep a frequent private journal, but for some reason I feel more seclusive about blogging because of both the friendship system and the fact that the blogs are more out in the open. I probably shouldn't feel that way, but with the private journal I felt that people could ignore me more easily whereas now I feel like people might roll their eyes and think "there she goes again." I know I'm being silly and shy, but that's sort of how I feel. I had an easier time reading through the thread of my own private journal. But I'm not complaining! Don't get me wrong. I do enjoy reading/skimming other people's blogs a lot.

I also really enjoy the profile pages because it is one more way to send people quick messages and to keep in touch.

trollkjerring
May 11th, 2008, 01:23 AM
I love the blogs and can't wait to read about my friends here, what they are doing, how they feel and to see new pics about their hairprogress and new hairtoys:)

I love to visit the community meet reports, gives me a feeling of belonging to a group of real people, just like the blogs.

I visit the blogs a few times a day.

Once a day I look at the Hair Accessoiries and the Mane Forum and the swap board. I also check for new posts in the piercing thread and the goddess spirals thread.

I rarely visit the friendship board and never the pet board (but I love pets and own three cats). Sometimes I visit the knitting treat.

trollkjerring

WavyGirl
May 11th, 2008, 02:11 AM
Well that's a tough question because there are so many great places to hang out here.

I have a few blogs that I subscribe to and read regularly. It used to be daily but I just don't have the time to visit here as much as I used to. I wish I had time to read more because it is fascinating to hear so many diverse opinions on so many subjects. I often feel I'm too late to comment but it's still nice to see everyone else having such a good time.

I don't always like the main board these days mainly because I've been hanging out here a while and have read similar threads before. I have to be in the mood and maybe pick out 2 or 3 threads that catch my attention. I do like the friendship board - seems like they're the favourties so far.

The new reviews section is great. Although it needs a few more people to get over there and add their reviews to the products that have already been listed. I also like that the articles section is growing. Hopefully with time we'll get most of the old LHC advice tidied up and filed in there. It really is so cool to be able to find a hairdo with instructions and pictures when you need it. Or advice on recipes etc.

The albums are a nice way to spend time when I'm looking for inspiration or encouragement and a quick check of new posts is my way of visiting the other boards that I might normally skip over. I also like this board - hair polls & projects - some interesting questions & answers pop up.

What can I say? I LOVE this site and all the people who make it so great.

Nat242
May 11th, 2008, 04:01 AM
I like the Blogs and the Friendship board. I still visit the Mane board and try to offer help to those asking, when I can, but I'm a bit frustrated with a lot of content on the hair-related boards at the moment - blogs are much more fun.

-- Natalie

eadwine
May 11th, 2008, 07:01 AM
Lessee.. after visiting the swap board I go to hair accessories first. I love looking at new thingies people got :D

Then I go to the mane forum, and from there on its a throw up between them all.

I also love the photo albums. :)

I am a very visual person, so I rather like looking at things than reading long long posts.

justgreen
May 11th, 2008, 08:14 AM
I love the blogs, although I liked them more when they were 'journals'. I guess I like them because I can read so fast and glean while I'm reading. Next would be New Posts, but I seem to be getting away from those and just checking the main categories, as the new posts get bogged down by too many new threads.

What I love the most, are my friends I have made here. They are top shelf!

LisaJaney
May 11th, 2008, 08:45 AM
I'm with Justy: the friends top the list.
Then the Friendship topics and just general chitchat on a myriad of subjects, but that kinda leads back into "friends first", huh?
Next would be the hair-tips (that's Mane Forum Info. I have never looked in blogs to find hair-tips because the info is harder to find and journals/blogs generally have to do with LIFE rather than HAIR)
And it doesn't matter where I am, I appreciate people who own their own troubles rather than play victim.

Teacherbear
May 11th, 2008, 10:01 AM
The question isn't about what aspect of the LHC you enjoy the most (friendship, support, etc), but rather where you like to spend your time and why.

Since I can't say the friendship and support and abundance of information on almost any given topic, I'll answer your question.

I first joined LHC when it was at net54. We had NO bells and no whistles. We had the boards (threaded) and we had a chatroom. Period. That was it. No PMs, no photos (until right before we moved over here), no journals or blogs, no comments, no search format. Nothing but discussion threads and a chat room. That formed my routine. I stick with the boards. I rarely read the blogs. I rarely even write in my own blog. :shrug: Every day I check the Health Board, the Friendship Board, and Site Support. I always check my Notifications. I forget to check my blog comments ( I just did that last night and the sweet comments made me cry :grouphug: ). I occasionally check my groups. Several times per week I check the Mane forum, Meets, and New Start Here. Before Old Boy and Kitten died I checked the Pet Forum daily. Now it just makes me sad to see everyone enjoying (and occasionally complaining about) their pets.

spidermom
May 11th, 2008, 10:45 AM
I like the community meets. I even had the privilege of meeting a former LHC member while I was on vacation in Mexico last year.

Gumball
May 11th, 2008, 11:02 AM
I usually set up camp on the Mane forum. I don't post all the time but sometimes I pipe on in. I do like looking through albums, too, since it's really great seeing both how creative people can be and possibly giving me ideas to try, too. That's always fun! Heck I just like being anywhere here I find something interesting to look at. I'm never unsatisfied.

Nynaeve
May 11th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Now that I've realized this was about the place where I spend a lot of time...
I guess I really spend a lot of time in the mane and friendship boards. I like the blogs I guess, but I haven;t started one of my own and I never remember to check anyone else's.

Stephanie
May 11th, 2008, 04:38 PM
My UserCP because it has all of my updated subscribed threads, then the New Posts search, then the blogs (I'm horrible at keeping up with other people's blogs, though!), and then the albums. Oh, and the articles and reviews. :lol: I love it all. But...big surprise, right? :wink:

Nynaeve
May 11th, 2008, 05:39 PM
My UserCP because it has all of my updated subscribed threads, then the New Posts search, then the blogs (I'm horrible at keeping up with other people's blogs, though!), and then the albums. Oh, and the articles and reviews. :lol: I love it all. But...big surprise, right? :wink:

Haha. I love it all too, I really wish I lived closer to anyone though, so I could participate in meets. They have to be loads of fun!

Dulci
May 12th, 2008, 09:49 AM
I spend a lot of time on the Health & Body Beautiful forum, I guess that's my favorite. I like the Friendship and Mane forums too.

I haven't gotten the hang of the blogs yet, and haven't done much with mine.

Loviatar
May 12th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Blogs for me, followed by the Friendship Board and the Henna/Herbal forum. Then I like the Convential Products forum, Swaps, and Health & Body Beautiful. And I always enjoy visiting the Pets thread.

I like the social groups but I forget to check them. They're not obvious enough for me.

I also really enjoy the photo albums, but not half as much as I used to love the old photo journals.

Islandgrrl
May 13th, 2008, 05:17 PM
My fave things about LHC (in no particular order):

1. The people (okay, this one is in order).
2. The Henna forum.
3. The Friendship Board
4. The wonderful, welcoming atmosphere here!

girlcat36
May 13th, 2008, 05:41 PM
I go to new posts first, then to the Health and Body Beautiful forum next, it is my favorite forum. I subscribe to blogs, and get the new posts in my email.
The mods here are awesome!
I came here for help regrowing my hair, and to my surprise found a welcoming community of friendly people!

jojo
May 13th, 2008, 06:31 PM
I always go to the mane forum first, then i check the new posts and at the moment im intrigued by the herbal posts! but mainly i love this forum because of the people who come on here; i especially like it when somebody gets a routine that agrees with them

Nynaeve
May 14th, 2008, 03:03 PM
I always go to the mane forum first, then i check the new posts and at the moment im intrigued by the herbal posts! but mainly i love this forum because of the people who come on here; i especially like it when somebody gets a routine that agrees with them

Agreed, even though it's quite likely that that routine will not work for me, I'm always happy to see someone find something their hair likes. :)

florenonite
May 14th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Depending on how long it's been since my last visit, I'll either just check new posts or I'll have three tabs open at a time: one for my subscribed threads, one for the Mane Forum, and one for the Friendship board. After exhausting these, I'll check New Posts. I also like the blogs when I've gone through all that, and there are a couple I subscribe to, too.

blue_nant
May 17th, 2008, 08:39 PM
I read three or four forums. With the "new" site, I'm being retarded about all the new things here. Yay.

I have learned how to do a new hairdo, one which Daena posted, but I can only handle a few new things at a time, so that's it. Yay.

Someone just got me acquainted with my own blog, but I still can't find one aspect of my CP, but it's not terribly important. Still I'm learning new stuff: Yay.

Most of all, everyone is nice, no matter what the question. If I'm tired cranky and bitchy and trying to get a sig picture up (and yes it lasts for days sometimes) someone ALWAYS helps me (twice now), always kindly, even if I'm asking the same thing a couple of times. (Apparently I use the good brains before I get to LHC ... )

And I just read yesterday about using catnip to reduce breakage. THAT's why there's so much of it here! Someone is trying to help me out, give me a nudge. Hey, yo! There's catnip all over your driveway for a reason! (OK, I use it to keep the skeeters off, too)

Good place, fine folk, and fabulous hair of all lengths!

This place rocks!

Elenna
May 17th, 2008, 09:27 PM
I have learned a lot about haircare at LHC. I never would had put coconut oil on my hair, quit blow drying, and quit hot curling wands without LHC. My hair was stringy, dry and frizzy. I'm enjoying my hair a lot more since it is in better condition and has gotten longer.

I usually go to the maine forum and sometimes to individual profiles/blogs.

I am in awe of the super long hairs here. I guess that I want to see what great lengths hair can grow to.

Patrycja
May 18th, 2008, 10:40 AM
I used to love The Mane Forum but I really don't have much to add there these days.

I usually stick to The Friendship Board,blogs,photo albums,Social Groups,Conventional Products and Hair Accessory Thread and the Recipe Thread.

Radulfr
July 8th, 2008, 03:28 PM
What do I like best about the LHC?

1. The people.
2. The Hair Polls page.
3. The Friendship Board and Games and Quizzes board.
4. The friendly atmosphere here!
5. Occasionally reading the blogs.
6. Looking at photo albums of the super-longhairs and their length.
7. Good hair advice at The Mane Forum.

janaana
July 8th, 2008, 03:38 PM
I'm quite new, so I may not have found everything yet, but the things I've enjoyed the most so far are:

the amazing level of knowledge that the members have about hair (better than many hairdressers I've known) and their willingness to share it with others
the instructions and videos members have made of everyday hair up styles
the hair polls- I do love surveys with results presented as a chart!

Golden21
July 8th, 2008, 05:35 PM
I like the Mane Forum. I'm still a newbie, so I can't see some of the things that everyone else can. The Mane Forum will take me awhile to get through though!

CountessDeJager
July 8th, 2008, 09:07 PM
where you like to spend your time and why

Currently my favorite thing to do is send friend requests. :D Not just a "collect them all" quest :p, it provides a wonderful opportunity to meander through profile pages and pay more attention to learning about individuals. I started it just to give users permissions to see everything of mine but it has led to quite an adventure finding people I haven't friended yet. When I feel like it I play the game of opening a random profile, read about the person, and send a friendship request. Then I look at their most recent visitors and visit the profiles of everyone I haven't friended yet. Repeat the process with each of those people. Opening one profile can lead to hours of checking out the many others that have been visiting.

I get to see the people that are friends, something I wasn't really as aware of before since I didn't read the journals. Seeing some names (since banned) checking out all the profiles presumably for pictures was interesting too. Even the occasional very kind "no, thank you" has been a way to get to know someone better. I'm much more social now than before the update and really liking the change. :cheese:

And if I haven't sent you a friendship request yet, not to worry, I'll be meandering your way eventually.

amaiaisabella
July 8th, 2008, 09:27 PM
I like that no matter what silly question I ask, at least one member will take the time to respond and share their expertise :)

I like that I have been made so welcome here, even if I am still a newbie :) I'd like to think I have made a few friends!

moon-flower
July 8th, 2008, 11:47 PM
So many friendly people willing to be friends. That and I like the wide variety of information about hair. Not just info, salons tell us, but people who experience the same things as you. We all have the desire to grow and maintain healthy hair.

Loreyanne_H
July 9th, 2008, 10:09 AM
I like most hairstyles tutorials and threads about hairtoys. Yes, I'm a little obsessed LOL

ladystar
July 9th, 2008, 10:16 AM
I enjoy the Mane Forum and the Albums. I click on it like 100 times a day. lol

harley mama
July 9th, 2008, 10:25 AM
My friends, hands down! This is a wonderful place to meet some outstanding people.
And, people that stand out, too!

You guys and gals rock.

Siava
July 9th, 2008, 11:01 AM
I enjoy how friendly and helpful everyone is here. There are a few forums I visit for various reasons and this one is by far THE friendliest of them all. I really do like it here and it has fast become my favorite forum.

I'll give an example: when someone new asks a question that has been asked a gazillion times, people from other forums are quick to say, "That's been asked before. Use the search function and find it." The end. Whereas over here, people will say, "That's been asked before. Here is the link." <link inserted>, and then go on to answer the question anyways. That's over the top kindness for forums in my book.

Plus, y'all are wonderful for dishing out compliments. I don't see how anybody can feel ugly or unworthy after visiting this place. :)

AerisDawn
July 9th, 2008, 02:45 PM
:cheer: I've joined a lot of forums that I've had to just quit because people were so rude and only seemed interested in starting fights and insulting others. It's refreshing to join a forum like this one. Everyone is so supportive and positive here.

lady_hero
July 9th, 2008, 07:47 PM
I like learning new things on the Mane Forum and the blogs. They're so helpful.

Naluin
July 9th, 2008, 08:11 PM
I like the friendship board a lot, especially when there isn't much going on with my hair. The friendship board gives me something else to do besides watch my hair grow!

And the people here are awesome and so helpful and supportive. :)

bgarrison
July 9th, 2008, 08:49 PM
so much great information and people willing to share their experiences and respect others' opinions. this is a really friendly and warm place!

flapjack
July 9th, 2008, 11:54 PM
This is a really friendly board. You can ask almost anything under the sun and 10+ people will have tried to help you within two hours. People are just very nice, here. And filled with excellent advice on a lot of things, not just hair. I think that makes this place stand out from a lot of other boards on the internet.

Angharad
August 20th, 2009, 12:56 PM
The atmosphere is very friendly and everyone is sharing their experiences and stories; I love that!

And ofcourse LHC is almost exploding with all possible information for people who love and care for their long hair!

Lady Mary
August 20th, 2009, 01:04 PM
The quick responses people can receive to their questions.

redneckprincess
August 20th, 2009, 07:12 PM
the support and insprations!!

Reptilia
August 20th, 2009, 07:24 PM
The wealth of information and just how friendly everyone is! I go to a lot of forums, there is nothing like what we have here. People are just so kind and helpful and never criticize.

ETA: And my favourite area would be the Mane Forum!

Charlotte
August 20th, 2009, 07:31 PM
That everyone is so friendly and helpful to someone new like me. It is starting to feel like part of my extended family already and I've only been here a few months. :)

I love looking at (and now purchasing :o ) hair toys and experimenting with new styles - something I never knew anything about before joining up here (just wore my hair down most of the time or pulled in a scrunchie).

I enjoy looking at other peoples' lovely and varied hair as they give inspiration (and sometimes also advice) to me to grow longer. :D

Belledandy
August 20th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Everyone is so encouraging and helpful and there is just so much information to take in. I'd never know half of the things I've learned so far if I hadn't found this site.

Rhiannon7
August 29th, 2009, 02:14 PM
everyone is so friendly, helpful and considerate. never judging.

eresh
August 29th, 2009, 02:26 PM
I really like the blogs and the accessories board, I read those first.
After that I look through the mane and friendship
Meetingreports are also fun to read!

Boards I never or almost never look at are the parental one, recipies and swap.

But yes, the blogs and the interaction there I really apreciate.

Jinx2234
August 29th, 2009, 06:22 PM
How nice and helpful everyone is, as well as the great information and ideas here. I mainly stick to the boards, especially the mane forum although I have also spent a lot of time reading all the different articles.

Tomato
September 1st, 2009, 12:36 AM
Lots of information, nice and relaxed atmosphere, members from all over the world.:disco:

Nanni
September 1st, 2009, 04:06 AM
I love all of the articles about haircare and how to grow your hair long. I've read them all several times. I've learned so much from them. I also follow the blogs of some of my hair-idols.

Centifolia
September 1st, 2009, 03:08 PM
The way they teach us to embrace who we are. And of course all the tips and inspiration to grow long hair.

Sylvanas
September 1st, 2009, 05:39 PM
At the moment it's Health & Body Beautiful. Plenty of good advice in there. I'm a big fan of "use what you already have in your cupboards", and it's cool to see so many new uses for food and household items. I also like sharing things that I've found to work for me in the past :)

Aries_jb
September 3rd, 2009, 11:20 AM
When I was a lurker, I was big into the hair articles, especially the hair styling ones. Now that I'm a member, I enjoy the Mane Form because I like to see all the anniversary posts. I also like Hair Polls and Projects because it's a great resource to find specific answers (i.e. fav oil, fav conditioner). I also like the Health and Body Beautiful because I like reading about different lifestyles with regard to health.

Shiva
September 3rd, 2009, 11:37 AM
I love watching the antics of the mean girl clique... that is most amusing.

I also love the thread killer thread and the pet forum and the NICE veteran members here that are kind and patient with the newer folks when it comes to hair stuff. That's what I like the best.

Thank you.

Charentais
September 3rd, 2009, 04:15 PM
Uh, I like the hair talk.

flyfaraway
September 3rd, 2009, 04:31 PM
It helps me resist the urge to cut again, and to continue growing it until it is long again.
:D

JamieLeigh
September 4th, 2009, 03:35 PM
I also like the blogs, second-best, because it's fun to see what people are up to IRL. :)

First though, I like the "anniversary" threads where people post progress pics. I love looking at things like that. It kind of gives hope, ya know? :flower:

silverspun
September 4th, 2009, 06:14 PM
I'm new, so I don't know exactly how the site works...

[Q} if someone replies to me will I be notified or ...not?

my answer- however is I like the network and inspiration.
once i gain more privileges I'll like more.

nitagurl
April 28th, 2017, 01:17 PM
I used to be a BIG Hairlista.com member. The forum just came back up like last week but it left everyone in the dark while it was down for over 6 months with a "coming back soon" type of message. And everything is different. So i like that LHC hasn't made that kind of irritating mistake because now it's the only board I honestly care about. The other one can go missing again.

Also, activity is frequent on here. Good stuff.

Aredhel
April 28th, 2017, 03:13 PM
I love the sense of community in here, how civil and kind everyone is usually, and how helpful/resourceful all the members are! I've never learned as much about as my hair as I did when I became a member here. :) This is the only other forum I've ever frequented this much. The one I used to spend all of my time on had nothing to do with hair; it was a Tolkien forum that basically died as soon as whole movie hype was over. :rolleyes: I'm happy to make my home here now. This place beats Facebook by a long run. ;)

lithostoic
April 28th, 2017, 03:19 PM
Kindness and support

Groovy Granny
April 28th, 2017, 05:25 PM
Inspiration and support :grouphug:

mermaid lullaby
May 4th, 2017, 10:17 PM
Inspiration and braid ideas

lapushka
May 5th, 2017, 04:17 AM
The sense of community, the lack of harsh words, the lack of trolling, just the general calm atmosphere. Granted, it can get heated here sometimes too, but... you know, we're all human. :o

Glitch
June 7th, 2017, 08:13 PM
All of the sweetness, kindness, and encouragement. Really appreciate it. Especially since I'm a sensitive gal, haha.

Pumpkin3826
December 14th, 2017, 08:37 AM
I am still trying to figure out how to work everything on here, so most of my time is just spend on the Mane forum. I look up questions I have had about my hair, or tips and trick I learned so I can comment and help other people. I like to read about other people's hair growth journey it is fun and inspirational. :o

Chromis
December 14th, 2017, 09:09 AM
You folks! Mwaaa! :crush:

Also :gobblecheese:

peachyleshy
December 14th, 2017, 09:34 AM
My favorite board is the Hair Polls & Projects. I think it's fun to take the polls and get an idea of what other people do and what works best for them. I like the LHC overall because everyone is working towards the same thing (at least at some point) and I feel like it's a special sort of person who would seek out this community. So though we are all different we have this special thing in common :)

Cg
December 14th, 2017, 10:01 AM
The kindness of so many members.

Sarahlabyrinth
December 14th, 2017, 10:38 AM
I love the way everyone is so kind, supportive and helpful :crush:

Mega Moose
December 14th, 2017, 12:28 PM
I like being able to share an interest with a bunch of people, and it's nice to be able to compare experiences and get information from people who know more than I do. :)

leayellena
December 15th, 2017, 12:49 AM
keeping track of my hair growth and updos.

Waveurly
December 16th, 2017, 04:43 AM
I like the supportiveness and kindness of you lovely people as well as being able to share a common interest. It's also fun to see other long haired women and get inspired to grow even longer lengths as before! It's harder to meet or see people with really long hair in real life and like this it's possible to dream about floor length hair and not feeling like it's something weird ;) thank you all for sharing your hair and hair stories!

QuietVixen
December 16th, 2017, 12:31 PM
I love the sense of community in LHC. Through all my years lurking here and one year of being an active member, I have yet to meet a person without a heart of gold. Everyone is always so sweet and supportive. All the kind people make me proud to be a LHC member and excited to show others my hair!

EdG
December 21st, 2017, 10:21 AM
LHC is unlike any other community on the Internet. People are truly nice and supportive here. :)

Another difference is that unlike the big social networks, LHC is not building a secret database of information about its members. ;)
Ed

Begemot
December 21st, 2018, 11:02 AM
I need a place where I can talk about even the smallest, silliest things related to hair. Here I don't feel weird ranting about wanting long hair. I also love all the photos and that they're "real", not the perfectly polished and posed pics you see on social media elsewhere.

TatsuOni
December 22nd, 2018, 09:11 AM
How kind everyone is!

What a great job the mods to! Thank you mods!

That I can talk how much about hair that I like!

There's always something new to learn!

Margrit
January 1st, 2019, 09:31 AM
I like the friendly and warm atmosphere most of all and of corse all the different hair topics.

SimplySmile
March 12th, 2019, 12:24 PM
I don't really know how to work anything else except the main forum, the quizzes and the just searching for any question I have.

:o

Natalia_A00
March 14th, 2019, 01:18 PM
The atmosphere here is pretty friendly, welcoming and positive. I love, for example, how everybody compliments and says nice things about each other in the hair photo thread. There are not many places in the internet like this. I've been in a lot of forums and they're full of trolls and rude people.
Plus, there is a thread for everything, this is an incredible source of information. I have learnt a lot of things here. Also LHC has motivated me to learn how to do updos and other hairstyles.

GoatLady
December 26th, 2022, 09:03 AM
I like that it's a place to learn from other long-haired people.