PDA

View Full Version : My hear is breaking! What can I do help please

fallenangel247
May 26th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone here can help me,

I've noticed I have a lot of split ends which don't look noticeable once I have shampoo'd, conditioned and applied a serum but I have recently noticed I have tufty bits of hair where it has broken off near my forehead area and under my hair near my ears some of it is about an inch or so long and some slightly longer.

What can I do? I would really rather not cut my hair if at all possible as I am getting married in 3 months and desperate to keep my long hair :confused:

thanks for any advice you can give

ravenreed
May 26th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Are you sure they are breakage and not new hairs? That is what new growth looks like.

halo_tightens
May 26th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Are you sure it's broken off? Everyone has little short hairs in those areas as a result of NEW hairs growing in. They could just be babies...

Night_Kitten
May 26th, 2010, 02:51 PM
I don't think it's breakage - I have a thin section of hair all along the front hair-line where the hairs have a really short terminal length, they grow to about chin length, then fall out and start all over again, so that I always have a really thin natural fringe with hairs ranging from 1'' long to about chin length...

sweet*things
May 26th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Are you straightening or heat styling or using elastics or barrettes that could be breaking your hair off? If so, you need to find other ways of wearing your hair.

I would recommend clarifying to get rid of any silicone build-up from your shampoos, conditioners and serums (which can block your hair from getting moisture) and then doing some deep treatments to rehydrate your hair. That should help a lot. You don't need to go 'cone free necessarily, but if you've been using a lot of products with silicones it is good to clear them off periodically.

Good luck!

renarok
May 26th, 2010, 04:14 PM
I agree with the above posters that what you are noticing is most likely new growth (which is a good thing). If you are getting your hair professionally styled for your wedding the stylist will be able to tame the short hairs with product. Please focus on the good stuff, like your upcoming wedding. You are most likely stressed right now, so focus on eating well, sleeping enough and enjoying life. Good luck.