PDA

View Full Version : Volume on crown area??

jenjen10
May 26th, 2010, 12:46 PM
I am finding that the longer my hair gets, the more "weighed down" it looks on the top... even when in up-dos..... has anyone found any good ways to counteract this?? Thanks!

GoddesJourney
May 26th, 2010, 01:03 PM
CO and cone free gives me volume.

Kathie
May 26th, 2010, 01:53 PM
I found this article...

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=169

GlennaGirl
May 26th, 2010, 02:29 PM
This has forever been an issue for me. I suggest half-ups, poofed just barely forward (not 80s-crazily or anything).

angelthadiva
May 26th, 2010, 03:35 PM
This has forever been an issue for me. I suggest half-ups, poofed just barely forward (not 80s-crazily or anything).

Hey! I resembled that look...In the 80s!

GlennaGirl
May 26th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Hey! I resembled that look...In the 80s!

To be honest with you, and well into the 90s...I sort of just "update" my half-up a little bit as the decades go by but it's always a half-up...and it's always pouffed...either a lot or a little! :D

HairColoredHair
May 26th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Try drying your hair on top of your head (in a bun or pony)... might give you more root volume (at least for a while).

angelthadiva
May 26th, 2010, 04:25 PM
To be honest with you, and well into the 90s...I sort of just "update" my half-up a little bit as the decades go by but it's always a half-up...and it's always pouffed...either a lot or a little! :D

This is totally me too :o my sister went trolling through old photos and put them on Facebook from my graduation night. For the life of me; I'm not sure how I got my cap to stay on without looking like a fool!!

Heavenly Locks
May 26th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Have you considered using a hair rat to lift the crown in up do's?

:)

GRU
May 26th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Plopping might help.

Katze
May 27th, 2010, 03:51 AM
drying with the hair clipped up or back - you will have to experiment to find what works for you.

Or, you can try my way for hair that stands up all the time, whether I like it or not. :D

Step one, join LHC so your hair is thick and healthy. Step two, have a baby. Step three, lose half your hair, then start taking biotin. Step four, watch the baby hairs come in like weeds! Step five, see how these hundreds of new hairs cause the rest of your hair to poof out all over, so much so that your husband starts calling you 'Hair Metal Band Singer'. :silly:

Chamomile betty
May 27th, 2010, 04:46 AM
When I used a clip for updos I shove it forward a little to make a little bump. I suppose that creates an illusion of volume. If I use a diffuser with my head upside down it will give me a bit of volume also. I don't do this often.

freckles
May 27th, 2010, 04:52 AM
I have very fine hair that lies flat on my head, so I tend to do that 'poof' thing ... take front (fringe/bangs type area) of hair, pull back, twist, push slightly forwards, pin with bobby pins. It's not real volume, but it makes my hair not look quite as flat :)

Back when I was still blowdrying, I would blowdry upside down at the crown. That helped a lot.

GlennaGirl
May 27th, 2010, 10:56 AM
drying with the hair clipped up or back - you will have to experiment to find what works for you.

Or, you can try my way for hair that stands up all the time, whether I like it or not. :D

Step one, join LHC so your hair is thick and healthy. Step two, have a baby. Step three, lose half your hair, then start taking biotin. Step four, watch the baby hairs come in like weeds! Step five, see how these hundreds of new hairs cause the rest of your hair to poof out all over, so much so that your husband starts calling you 'Hair Metal Band Singer'. :silly:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emerson
May 29th, 2010, 07:49 PM

LOL!! :)
I usually just put the front of my hair in x large hair rollers.

Capybara
May 29th, 2010, 08:04 PM
I find that drying your hair in a top-knot or bee-butt bun can help :)