PDA

View Full Version : OMG! I just cut bangs!

Dreams_in_Pink
May 26th, 2010, 10:05 AM
I'm loving 'em actually...

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5584&pictureid=72965

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5584&pictureid=72966

As you can tell, i'm feelin' pretty damn sexeh :D It was time for a change and i didn't have much length to lose (my old bangs were chin-length) so i didn't even wait 2 weeks. By the time i hit BSL these bangs will reach chin again anyway :p

P.S. Sorry for the nightmares you'll have after seeing my sexeh face :D

Luckysock
May 26th, 2010, 10:08 AM
oh I love them!

Clarisse
I seldom like bangs - but these are just so beautiful and flattering :D

chopandchange
Very nice!

I like your, em, face. Ha ha!

Dreams_in_Pink
May 26th, 2010, 10:12 AM
thanks everyone! *winkwink* :D

chopandchange: You should, my face is awesome :D

missjessiecakes
May 26th, 2010, 10:21 AM
They are very flattering. :cheer:

And your face is so pretty :)

freckles
May 26th, 2010, 10:22 AM
wow! I love them :) Especially the longer side pieces :)

MandaMom2Three
May 26th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Gorgeous!!! I wish bangs looked that nice on me (well, no I don't actually, I can't spare the length for bangs :p)

melrose1985
May 26th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Very nice. Cute face you made to change yours!

redneckprincess
May 26th, 2010, 10:38 AM
they look so lovely!!!

halo_tightens
May 26th, 2010, 10:40 AM
They really do look great!! :thumbsup:

Uinda
May 26th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Love them, they look great!! I usually don't like bangs, but yours look very pretty :)

ArienEllariel
May 26th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Wow! Those are too cute! :) I wish I could have bangs like those but sadly, my face is very round and straight across bangs look terrible on me.

Bianca
May 26th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Very sexy indeed :D Looks great.

Pixna
May 26th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Wow! You did a GREAT job, and they look fantastic on you!

Paniscus
May 26th, 2010, 10:56 AM
I like bangs.. and those are sexeh! Very pretty indeed.... the face is actually pretty cool :-)

PrincessTieflin
May 26th, 2010, 10:59 AM
WOW! They look a lot like mine! :D

Bangs are a funny thing either you like them or not
I love mine! I look old and gross without them, always wanted to be one of thoes lucky people that could do either!

They are addorable, I love the chin length on the sides ! :D

GlassEyes
May 26th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Those look great!

Did you draw those eyes on yourself? The perspective on the first is pretty well done. xD

LadyLongLocks
May 26th, 2010, 11:04 AM
I think they look great. I love the 2 lengths :)
Cute face too...

ohiofritty
May 26th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Haha! When I first saw those pictures I thought you had cut them on a mannequin! Great job on the bangs and a great job on your 'face' :D

ButterCup02
May 26th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Cute! You did a great job!

hendrix.co
May 26th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Love the bangs. You MUST do a makeup tutorial!:p

Dreams_in_Pink
May 26th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Wow, lots of replies! Thanks y'all!

wow! I love them :) Especially the longer side pieces

I didn't cut those side bangs, they're my old heavy triangle-bangs which is now chin-length.

Love them, they look great!! I usually don't like bangs, but yours look very pretty

I also don't like bangs, whenever i cut it always looked horrible. But now somehow i managed to make it look decent :3

Did you draw those eyes on yourself? The perspective on the first is pretty well done. xD

yes, i drew them :) i could've made it look more realistic but i was afraid it'd look creepy somehow o_O

WOW! They look a lot like mine! :D

Bangs are a funny thing either you like them or not
I love mine! I look old and gross without them, always wanted to be one of thoes lucky people that could do either!

They are addorable, I love the chin length on the sides ! :D

I can, and cannot, do without them :D It's the least hair-damaging way to drastically change my hair in little time without spending a cent :D As soon as they reach chin-length, i go back to bangs for a change :)

I'm not sad about having this crisis once in a while, it helps keep me motivated.

I think they look great. I love the 2 lengths :)
Cute face too...

I wish there were only 2 lengths :D My whole hair varies in length, i just added a new length to the variation :D

Dreams_in_Pink
May 26th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Love the bangs. You MUST do a makeup tutorial!:p

Someone has already done it, if you're interested :D here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIa-VKbVW04

jane53
May 26th, 2010, 11:26 AM
I wish my bangs looked this good!

I have always had very long hair and cut bangs when I was in my late 30s to soften my face. I've kept them and like them, but they're not as pretty as yours!

Dreams_in_Pink
May 26th, 2010, 11:28 AM
I wish my bangs looked this good!

I have always had very long hair and cut bangs when I was in my late 30s to soften my face. I've kept them and like them, but they're not as pretty as yours!

I feel the need to clarify that part: My bangs are heat-styled here!! I have 2a coarse hair, it's impossible for it to look that perfect on its own! :o

jane53
May 26th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Yes, but they're heat-styled very well!!!

Dreams_in_Pink
May 26th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Yes, but they're heat-styled very well!!!

I wonder how heat-styling could go wrong... I had to go over and over them to make them look sleek :o after wash, i might even need a flatir*n :(

LaFlor
May 26th, 2010, 12:04 PM
I had the same problem with my bangs... with heat they look great without it they look W-I-E-R-D. But they look absolutley beautiful in the pics and I love the chin length pieces on the side. Great Job.

Loreley
May 26th, 2010, 12:14 PM
It looks very pretty! :)

little_cherry
May 26th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Ooooo Nice! ^_^

I especially love you makeup! ;)

Cleopatra18
May 26th, 2010, 12:38 PM
wow you did such a great job!!

Feli
May 26th, 2010, 12:40 PM
They look fab - you've got me contemplating bangs again (it's something I think about at least one week in every eight!). Good decision though, they really do look great

GoddesJourney
May 26th, 2010, 12:40 PM
I love the anime look you have drawn on. The bangs look great too.

Xandergrammy
May 26th, 2010, 12:48 PM
I love them! I'm very envious, actually!

jenjen10
May 26th, 2010, 12:50 PM
I love them!!! Great job. :)

Sammich
May 26th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Very beautiful, wow. How did you do them? Tut on the internet or...? :) It suits your 'face' very much, and I really love those long wispy bits!

zenobia
May 26th, 2010, 01:07 PM
They look fantastic. Congrats! :applause

Dreams_in_Pink
May 26th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Thanks guys! :D

Very beautiful, wow. How did you do them? Tut on the internet or...? :) It suits your 'face' very much, and I really love those long wispy bits!

I read quite a lot of tuts before attempting. I sectioned the area that bangs were supposed to go. Then I sectioned a little triangle in the middle of that section. Twisted that little section and cut it gradually.

FrannyG
May 26th, 2010, 01:33 PM
You really did a wonderful job, and the bangs look lovely. :blossom:

Capybara
May 26th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Oooh, I love them! They are very flattering :) Nice face, too! :lol:

kittylover
May 26th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Wow, those bangs look really good. Makes me want to cut my own.

Elleyena
May 26th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Great job! hate to sound repetitive but I love what you did to hide your face.

I'm actually about to go do my own bangs again. Wish me luck?

Feng-Shui
May 26th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Your bangs is beautiful.Great job. :applause

And your face is very sexy.:lol:

emmabovary
May 26th, 2010, 03:05 PM
So pretty! I wish bangs suited me as well as they do you :)

Dreams_in_Pink
May 26th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Thanks! :D I feel like i just started a "bangs" fashion on LHC! cool! :cheese:

May
May 26th, 2010, 05:16 PM
You did a really great job! I really like them:pegasus:

Miasen
May 26th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Oooh, pretty! I love the longer parts on the side. :D

UltraBella
May 26th, 2010, 05:39 PM
I love them !! Now I want them too !!! Hmmm........

countryhopper
May 27th, 2010, 12:09 AM
They look great! i think you should keep them (not grow them out to chin length when you hit BSL)!

Juneii
May 27th, 2010, 12:34 AM
Lovely! They look good on you!

And what a... beautiful... face you have. I have to admit, I recoiled for a moment when I saw it until I realized it was photoshopped.

Emerson
May 28th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Glad you're happy with them :) I have bangs too and love them (especially how they cover my forehead...haha :) )

countryhopper
May 29th, 2010, 06:38 AM
I forgot to ask you before, dreams in pink, did you cut your bangs yourself or get them done somewhere? If you did them yourself, maybe you'd like to cut me some nice bangs like yours?? :D

Dreams_in_Pink
May 29th, 2010, 07:14 AM
I forgot to ask you before, dreams in pink, did you cut your bangs yourself or get them done somewhere? If you did them yourself, maybe you'd like to cut me some nice bangs like yours?? :D

If i got it done at a salon, it wouldn't look anywhere nice. :) I did it myself; I sectioned a small triangle at the hairline. Then I sectioned it to three pieces: left, middle, right. Middle section i twisted and cut to a length that covers my brows (i went little by little to prevent too much length loss) Left and right sections i didn't cut, because they were already short because of my grown old bangs.

Before i started, i washed the triangle-shaped part of my hair and blow-dried it straight. Greasy hair and wet hair might give you unrealistic idea about the length.

countryhopper
May 30th, 2010, 09:01 AM
If i got it done at a salon, it wouldn't look anywhere nice. :) I did it myself; I sectioned a small triangle at the hairline. Then I sectioned it to three pieces: left, middle, right. Middle section i twisted and cut to a length that covers my brows (i went little by little to prevent too much length loss) Left and right sections i didn't cut, because they were already short because of my grown old bangs.

Before i started, i washed the triangle-shaped part of my hair and blow-dried it straight. Greasy hair and wet hair might give you unrealistic idea about the length.

Wow! You did a great job!!

superficial
May 30th, 2010, 12:51 PM
The bangs looks great and I love your face :D

Evie
May 30th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Hmmm, they look great on you :D! One question, do you have to dry them straight, or do they fall straight naturally?

I cut bangs like that a while ago, and the only problem I had was that I have such wavy hair that they stuck out at right angles :rolleyes:! You are inspiring me to try again, though, I have a similar shaped face to you....;)

Dreams_in_Pink
May 30th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Hmmm, they look great on you :D! One question, do you have to dry them straight, or do they fall straight naturally?

I cut bangs like that a while ago, and the only problem I had was that I have such wavy hair that they stuck out at right angles :rolleyes:! You are inspiring me to try again, though, I have a similar shaped face to you....;)

There's no possible way my bangs would lay flat like that naturally :D they like to blend with the rest when i air-dry. Before going out i wash or wet them and then blow-dry. If i want poker-straight bangs i flat-iron. It takes a few minutes to style them :)

Sarahmoon
May 30th, 2010, 03:37 PM
That looks real good!
I tried side pieces once but they kept blowing in my face when I went outside :(

Jessica Trapp
May 30th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Great job! They look fabulous. Cute face too.

I tried to cut bangs before but the whole experiment was kinda :shudder: so I'm kinda jealous that they look so perfect.

:flower: jes

BritishBraider
June 3rd, 2010, 06:45 AM
those bangs really suit your face shape, well done :)