PDA

View Full Version : Something different...think I like it

Sunsailing
May 25th, 2010, 05:26 PM
I had an appointment with my stylist today.

Toward the end she asked if I would mind if she added some curls. I told her to go ahead. She ended up putting in a lot of curls. I think I'm liking the the results.

There were a lot more curls at the salon, but by the time I got home it didn't quite look the same. Here is what it looked like by the time I got home (sorry for the poor picture quality)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5581&pictureid=72913

Pallas
May 25th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Oooh, that's very beautiful!

spidermom
May 25th, 2010, 06:09 PM
I thought I smelled something burning.

No-no-no; your hair doesn't look burned, what I can see of it. It's just that stylists use a hot curling iron to make curls, which can be pretty damaging for your hair. There are other ways you can get curls, though.

UltraBella
May 25th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Honestly, I always curl my hair if I want it to look it's best and I have been doing so for twenty years. ( I dye and highlight too *gasp* ) I love the way a large barreled curling iron makes my hair look. I don't have split ends and my hair is super healthy. If you like it and want to keep doing it, go for it ! Just be on the lookout for damage and if your hair reacts badly, cut back or quit altogether. Not everyone will get damage from using a styling tool. And some people will have split ends no matter how delicately they treat their locks. Just enjoy your hair !!!

pennylane
May 25th, 2010, 08:55 PM
I like it very much!!! :cloud9:

x0h_bother
May 25th, 2010, 09:32 PM
I thought I smelled something burning.

No-no-no; your hair doesn't look burned, what I can see of it. It's just that stylists use a hot curling iron to make curls, which can be pretty damaging for your hair. There are other ways you can get curls, though.

Haha love this comment. My stylist suggested this look too, she mentioned Carrie Underwood (& I am brunette??)
Anyways, I like yours, it looks natural. :)

Carolyn
May 25th, 2010, 09:38 PM
It's kind of fun to do something different once in a while. It looks great!

Loreley
May 25th, 2010, 11:08 PM
It's beautiful! :heart:

alwayssmiling
May 26th, 2010, 02:53 AM
Lovely. You could experiment with rag curls, or bendy rollers if you want to style it like this regularly and are worried about damage. I still heat style for the odd night out, my hair looks a bit dry and frazzled the next day so I just moisturise like mad, DTs and air drying and it seems to help it bounce back.

FrannyG
May 26th, 2010, 04:08 AM
It really does look beautiful. I agree that it's fun to change it up once in a while.

Pixna
May 26th, 2010, 08:19 AM
They look really cool!! What a fun change!!

Emerson
May 29th, 2010, 07:56 PM
It looks really beautiful :)

Capybara
May 29th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Oooh, I love it! It is nice to do something different for a change. I used heat for years (only stopped recently, within the last year), and did not sustain any damage to my hair.

Arctic_Mama
May 30th, 2010, 01:03 AM
It looks nice, but I'd definitely try a no-heat method for replicating it :).