PDA

View Full Version : Shampoo rinse ?!

Bianca
May 25th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Hope this belongs in mane. Not sure. But here goes.

Lately I have been wondering if I should try cones again, cause cant remember how my hair felt with them, and my hair has changed since then, and is now almost all virgin.

So I was thinking, if I like the cones and otherwise really, cause I still use shampoo sometimes. Would a very diluted shampoo rinse with a lot of water, clean my hair enough ? I would just pour it through and then rinse with water.

Anyone do this ? :)

Bianca
May 25th, 2010, 12:42 PM
No one ???

az_sweetie01
May 25th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Hi! :blossom: I actually do this...here's my blog entry about it :D http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/blog.php?b=70476 It's been working really well for me!

ETA: I completely overlooked your mention of cones. The shampoo and conditioner I use do not have cones so, I don't know how much help my response was for you :(

Night_Kitten
May 25th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Never tried it, but I think that it would depend on the shampoo you use and the ammount of cones coating the hair

HintOfMint
May 25th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Based on my experience, my answer for you would be, no, the cones will not be removed with a shampoo rinse.

I went on vacation and decided to use a coney serum on my hair. I would shampoo mainly the roots and upper part of my hair and just let the soapy water rinse down the length without much manipulation, which is pretty close to what you would describe as a shampoo rinse. (That is, unless you plan on manipulating the diluted shampoo throughout the entire length before rinsing.) The shampoo had the traditional SLS as its main detergent ingredient and yet, in the end, I ended up with such horrible buildup on my ends! For the first time I really understood what people meant when they said they had velcro ends and needed to clarify.

Bottom line, a shampoo rinse, the way I described it, even though it contained SLS was not enough to clean off the silicone.

melikai
May 25th, 2010, 06:13 PM
I think it would depend on what silicones you use, whether they are water soluble or not. If they were, I don't see why a watered down SLS shampoo wouldn't get them out, if the water-shampoo solution ran down your length.

Quite a few people here dilute their shampoo for every wash, and use silicones regularly. Spidermom is one of them.

bigeyedgirl829
May 25th, 2010, 07:15 PM
i'm interested in the feed back too!

x0h_bother
May 25th, 2010, 09:44 PM
I just did this rinsed with diluted shampoo and followed with coney conditioner because I reintroduced cones. It did not go well. :( My hair feels worse. Tangly and dry. I would not recommend this. I am looking into a clarifying conditioner instead. I read the ingredients and couldn't figure out what was so "clarifying" about it though.

Bianca
May 26th, 2010, 05:51 AM
Hi! :blossom: I actually do this...here's my blog entry about it :D http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/blog.php?b=70476 It's been working really well for me!

ETA: I completely overlooked your mention of cones. The shampoo and conditioner I use do not have cones so, I don't know how much help my response was for you :(

Hi :redgrin: At the moment I am a no coner too (and Co-Washer), so it was helpful. Since I still use shampoo once in a while, and just feel like it really strips my hair.

I'm only considering trying cones again. If I were too like it, I would have to use shampoo, and thought a shampoo rinse would be a bit more gentle :p

Bianca
May 26th, 2010, 05:56 AM
I just did this rinsed with diluted shampoo and followed with coney conditioner because I reintroduced cones. It did not go well. :( My hair feels worse. Tangly and dry. I would not recommend this. I am looking into a clarifying conditioner instead. I read the ingredients and couldn't figure out what was so "clarifying" about it though.

Oh, sorry about that :flower: