PDA

View Full Version : MSM supplement-anyone using?

beachlover
May 25th, 2010, 09:39 AM
I've been doing some research on MSM & I'm really considering trying it. Not only for hair health but for all of the other health benefits it seems to have. Anyone else taking this and have you seen any improvements??

Jammy
May 25th, 2010, 09:48 AM
made my hair/nails grow like crazy but also came with the side effect of awful breakouts. This doesn't happen to everyone though and apparently if you just take the minimum amount with TONS of water and vit b and c you should be fine.

ems
May 25th, 2010, 10:50 AM
My nails started to grow really fast, and got superstrong since I started it. I started biotin at the same time though. No breakouts, I think my skin looks better on it. I got headaches the first days

dropinthebucket
May 25th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Have been taking it two months now. No skin issues to report at all. Nails are growing really, really fast! Not sure about hair, though, maybe it takes longer to see a difference with that? Slight improvement in my arthritis (one finger, that's starting to twist and curl) - if anyone has trouble finding MSM, it's often in the arthritis section, next to glucosamine, chondroitin, and other joint support supplements.

kelly-j
May 25th, 2010, 12:04 PM
I´ve been taking MSM for exactly 1 month now. Nails are growing like crazy, haven´t noticed that my hair´s growing faster yet.

Forever_Sophie
May 25th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Someone taking this told me her hair isn't growing faster, but better, as in the quality of the hair that's coming in.

Mystical9
June 2nd, 2010, 10:44 AM
I have used MSM for years, I love it! My hair and nails grow like weeds. I discovered MSM when My 90 yr. old Grandmother started taking it and I noticed how long her hair was, I knew then that I must try it!

Belisarius
June 2nd, 2010, 10:49 AM
Started taking it today, i will see how it goes.

jera
June 2nd, 2010, 03:08 PM
I've been taking 500 mgs of MSM a day for about a year. No negative side effects at all. My hair and nails do grow like mad but I take biotin daily too so it could be that. :)

Carolyn
June 2nd, 2010, 03:21 PM
I've taken it for several years. My hair has never grown faster than 1/2" per month no matter what supplements I take or don't take. But as someone else mentioned, the new hair I grow is good quality hair. I have much less shedding and my nails are good. You should have seen the halo of new hair I grew when I first started taking it. It also helps with my joint pain. I've run out of my MSM and glucosamine and chondroitin supplements a couple times and thought oh what the heck and didn't buy them again for a while. I'll never do that again. I was in so much pain.

anniemae
June 2nd, 2010, 06:36 PM
This sounds so interesting. I'll have to try this. I never knew MSM helped with hair.