PDA

View Full Version : OMG...I had BSL hair just about 7 or so years ago

juliaxena
May 24th, 2010, 11:55 PM
And it totally left my memory! It was about 7 years ago. I have found some pictures and was shocked to see. I can't post them because they are not digital. But I had really pretty hair. It was dark and beautiful. I can't believe I let my mother convince me dark color is not good for me. That caused me to bleach the hell out of it, having to cut more and more, until I had to totally chop it off two years ago. I'm in hair mourning. I like my current color...but why oh why did I have to start using bleach at that time?

ETA: That dark color was dye also.

FrannyG
May 25th, 2010, 07:36 AM
Well, I don't think that dark hair could beat the lovely hair you have now.

In any case, instead of being in hair mourning, why don't you let it serve as inspiration that you know your hair can be that long and beautiful again.

Honestly, although I know it seems like a long road to BSL, you'll be there before you know it. It sounds as though the last time you were at BSL, it must have snuck up on you.

This time your hair will even be better, because you've been giving it really good care from a relatively short length. So many folks have joined LHC with already BSL length hair that is damaged. You won't have that problem.

Just keep growing, and try to enjoy the little things along the way to BSL. :blossom:

Beatrice
May 25th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Here, here! I also chopped, and not even to get rid of dye--just to mess around!

I've never regretted a chop, because I love the "project" of growing it back out long and undamaged. Remember that it's easier to see your progress if you chop off the damage first.

And the hair in your signature is gorgeous. I have dark hair; want to trade? :) When I was in college, all the blondes wanted my hair, and I wanted theirs. So it goes.

mellie89
May 25th, 2010, 10:46 AM
I feel your pain.

I found my class picture from 11th grade the other day... I forgot how long my hair was! It's weird that less than 4 years ago, I had gorgeous, virgin hair just a little past BSL. I remember going for a trim and watching the lady take off about 6", too shy at the time to say anything. I cried afterward and my mom told me to chill out. "It's only hair." Yeah, well, it hasn't been that long since and I've dyed it about 6 times in the last 2 years.

I'm going to use that picture as my new inspiration. At least I know it's attainable since I've been there before!

zenobia
May 25th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Same here! I have a picture from about 5 years ago and my hair was lovely and long and virgin. I'd love to get back to that look.

juliaxena
May 25th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Well, I don't think that dark hair could beat the lovely hair you have now.

In any case, instead of being in hair mourning, why don't you let it serve as inspiration that you know your hair can be that long and beautiful again.

Honestly, although I know it seems like a long road to BSL, you'll be there before you know it. It sounds as though the last time you were at BSL, it must have snuck up on you.

This time your hair will even be better, because you've been giving it really good care from a relatively short length. So many folks have joined LHC with already BSL length hair that is damaged. You won't have that problem.

Just keep growing, and try to enjoy the little things along the way to BSL. :blossom:

FrannyG, you always know what to say. Thank you!