PDA

View Full Version : How to Beat Hair Blues...:(

Linnykinz
May 24th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Summer is coming and I was dreaming of going through the beautiful summer with my hair down and long, flowing all around. A recent CHOP has crushed this dream..and I've been getting very down about my hair lately. :( So I figured, why not start a thread about beating the hair blues? We could all probably use some fresh ideas.

I went and bought a new little hair toy today, a brown octopus hair clip..small, too, so I can have a beautiful messy bun for summer lazy days. I'm about to go do my Cholesterol DC and coconut oil also, then put it up in my new toy. So excited!

What makes you feel better when you're down about your hair? :D

Jammy
May 24th, 2010, 07:36 PM
THE HAIR; WHY SHE GROW SO SLOW!

I'm suspecting I'll be stuck in mullet-phase forever....

Good luck with your growing schemes, I like the octo-clip concept! I know it's awful but a little purchase really does cheer one up!

Trying just one more conditioning-concoction or growth paste is always a good way to pretend I'm making headway!

loralie
May 24th, 2010, 08:17 PM
I would second anything that improves the health of your hair! I know I love to see how shiny it is when it's dried and combed out after doing a nice deep treatment!

It'll happen but it's like a watched pot- get on with your life and all of a sudden your hair will be long before you know it! :)

MonikaHa
May 24th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Ohh.. tell me abouit the hair blues.. must be something in the air, I was depressed about it all day long.
Needless to say, my collection of Ketylo's has gotten bigger... I am planning for the future, of course.

Kristin
May 24th, 2010, 08:38 PM
I would have to agree with others: Buying hair toys is the best way to defeat the hair blues.

Meagan
May 24th, 2010, 08:46 PM
clip on hair hair extensions.

christine1989
May 24th, 2010, 08:47 PM
I like to curl my hair or just do a different style. Once when I was really desperate I straightened it! One time didn't cause any damage and it really cheered me up because it looked so long.

MonikaHa
May 24th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Oh, and I practiced some bunning techniques on the top layer of my hair. (Which is the longest). Got a nice bun with a hairstick and proudly wore it all evening long.

Quixii
May 24th, 2010, 08:56 PM
Practising different things to see what works with my hair.. Dying it unnatural colours (I love this one!).. Learning new updos.. Playing with someone else's hair.. :D

Laylah
May 24th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Hair usually grows faster in the summer, so keep away the hair blues! Hair always looks lovely and shiny in the golden sunlight in the summer, especially around dawn or sunset- summer is the best time for hair =) Hair doesn't have to be long to be beautiful.

May
May 24th, 2010, 09:16 PM
I'm going through the "hair blues" as well. I'm growing out an inverted bob and I can't stand how short it is and basically how unflattering my hair looks...what cheers me up is thinking about how much better it will look in 4 months which isn't that far away. It's amazing what 2 inches can do when you're *this* short :o I try not to dwell on how unhappy I am with it now but rather on how much I will like it very soon :heartbeat

Linnykinz
May 24th, 2010, 09:19 PM
Hair usually grows faster in the summer, so keep away the hair blues! Hair always looks lovely and shiny in the golden sunlight in the summer, especially around dawn or sunset- summer is the best time for hair =) Hair doesn't have to be long to be beautiful.

Very inspiring Laylah..very. I love that! My new motto ;) you're right, hair usually grows faster in summer. I've never measured it, so let's see how much longer it grows.

Great ideas everybody..keep 'em coming! Comfort foods anyone? Favorite movie to watch, or celebrity (or hair idol :)) to see??

beez1717
May 25th, 2010, 02:08 AM
the best way to get rid of the hair blues would be to stop writing that sad song about your blue colored hair and create a happy Doo-Wop or jingle at least that isn't in the blues style of music. hehehe

On a serious note, just think, about how good your hair looks now, and find the good points. They are there I am sure of it.

kristymarie87
May 25th, 2010, 02:53 AM
I have MAJOR hair blues and have had for a long time.

Hair toys look terrible on me - im 22 and already only look 16 so when i use them i look 13!

I do have a claw clip i like but i usually just tie my hair up with a band as its too short too all stay in a clip - lots of layers :(

So i dont do anything to cheer me up.

I did the other day get a compliment from a friend i haven't seen in a few weeks about my hair and that has lifted my spirits a bit.

I am however stuck in that 'to cut or not to cut' phase. I always end up just cutting it because it looks so terrible in the growing out phase!

MonikaHa
May 25th, 2010, 05:44 AM
Taking some progress pictures helps as well. Looking at how short my hair was last month really makes me feel better.

Also, how does that summer growth spurt apply to people who live in the tropical climate..? :cheese:

FrannyG
May 25th, 2010, 06:20 AM
I'm generally in a pretty happy place about my hair these days, but I'm still subject to the hair blues from time to time.

No matter what the length of my hair, (and I've had some very short hair), when I get the hair blues, I like to experiment with different styles. It might just be making twists and using tiny claw clips. You can do French braid half-ups. Just experiment with different styles, and you'll be surprised with what new things you'll be able to do as each month passes and you gain new length.

You can try putting curlers in your hair. Sponge rollers can be fun.

Also, deep treatments and treating your hair as though it's already very long helps keep your mind on your future long hair. The care you give it now will pay off in the months and years to come.

And remember to enjoy the journey.

In some ways you're very lucky, because you are having a fresh start. Your hair will have the benefit of good LHC hair care right away. In a year's time, your hair will be much longer and in really good condition.

Like MonikaHa I also recommend taking monthly progress photos to compare with the photos taken 2, 3 or 4 months in the past. It's then that you'll really see the difference.

Hair grows. That you always know. Good luck with the journey. :blossom:

myotislucifugus
May 25th, 2010, 08:08 AM
I deep condition and ignore it. It's what I was doing for a while, and now I feel much better. Keep it in scarves for a while, and out of the way. Benign neglect has saved many from frustration.:o

Purdy Bear
May 25th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Theres a few ways I deal with it:

Numerous scarves, hats, hair toys are just brilliant for lifting moods.

Look at magazines, and other peoples photos of wonderful hair dos.

To realise that hair blues are usually when Im tired, so I will feel better in the morning and I usually do.

PS: In my case a good hairdressers styling head with 18 inches of hair to play with is just awesome.

Nastasia
May 25th, 2010, 12:10 PM
New toys. Going out in sunlight with my hair down and reminding myself that I love my color. Trying new styles. If all else fails, braiding it and forgetting about it for a while.