PDA

View Full Version : Lots of very long hair

jackiesjottings
May 24th, 2010, 08:07 AM
I found this link when reading my entries for this date in years past on my Livejournal. Some amazing hair here

http://members.multimania.nl/hairaffair/Blank%20Page%205.htm

princessp
May 24th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Wow, that's a lot of hair in one place!

Lady Mary
May 24th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Love that last photo!

spidermom
May 24th, 2010, 11:17 AM
I didn't get a single photo, merely empty, captioned boxes.

zenobia
May 24th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Cool photos. It's surprising to me how many women have a natural wave to their hair when it's grown long.

Aquamarine
May 24th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Wow! My jaw literally dropped to the ground!! :thudpile: Just amazing!

feralnature
May 24th, 2010, 11:46 AM
OH MY! I have never seen so much long hair EVER!!!

MissManda
May 24th, 2010, 11:49 AM
That was a real treat! Thank you so much for sharing!

Uinda
May 24th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Wow! Now I definitely need longer hair!

enfys
May 24th, 2010, 12:02 PM
Cool photos. It's surprising to me how many women have a natural wave to their hair when it's grown long.

I'd say that's more down to braid waves than nature. Most of those women would probably at least braid their hair for sleeping.

*Rose Red*
May 24th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Thank you for sharing this!

jane53
May 24th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Exactly. Most would braid it for sleeping and wear it up for living. The down-hair in these cases is for the photos!

kabelaced
May 24th, 2010, 12:32 PM
I couldn't even imagine having hair as long as some of those ladies had it...past floor length and STILL growing! The weight of it must be incredible.

I wish that there were more color photographs of people with really long hair like that. It's a treat to see these pictures, but to see the actual color of the hair...now that would really be something!

Loreley
May 24th, 2010, 12:34 PM
:thud:Thanks for sharing it!

Fairlight63
May 24th, 2010, 12:55 PM
For the ones that can't see the pictures - I was having the same problem. I think that it is the Internet Explorer that is the problem. When I changed to Firefox browser I could see the pictures.

Their hair is so pretty! I wonder how they take care of it when it is so long though. Must be really hard to wash it & all.

Debra83
May 24th, 2010, 01:14 PM
From one of the pictures, I got that one of the women started her own business, and franchised it - THE HARPER METHOD - she had this tonic she brought from Canada to the States and made lots of money from it. I googled for the tonic formulation but I couldn't find it anywhere. Apparently, there are still two shops open somewhere.

CaliforniaAnne
May 24th, 2010, 01:27 PM
I agree on the braid waves--most women wore their hair up at that point, especially since it became impractical to keep the long hair down all the time--you'd step on it! But man--it's GORGEOUS! What secret did they have that we don't know about now? :)

monkeyprincess
May 24th, 2010, 05:14 PM
Those are amazing photos!

lastnite
May 24th, 2010, 07:50 PM
From one of the pictures, I got that one of the women started her own business, and franchised it - THE HARPER METHOD - she had this tonic she brought from Canada to the States and made lots of money from it. I googled for the tonic formulation but I couldn't find it anywhere. Apparently, there are still two shops open somewhere.

I remember reading about this a long time ago. My memory is probably a little fuzzy on it, but I think it had something called cantharis (spanish fly), sage and some pepper type ingredient that was very irritating to increase blood flow to the scalp.

The ladies in those photos have some thick hair. There was a post here with someone asking why people's hair doesn't seem to grow as thick as it did back then... They must of done things alot differently to have it grow so long and thick, it's not something seen too often these days.

talecon
May 24th, 2010, 08:18 PM
im now inspired to grow to terminal rather than classic, thnx :)