PDA

View Full Version : What we already knew...

taliarose
May 24th, 2010, 06:30 AM
http://beautyuser.com/hair/?SID=snr_hp_bu_ok_1_052410&sc_cid=052410_DCCpromo_lifestyle_main_url_

Just goes to show that we are smart people here.

Lamb
May 24th, 2010, 07:20 AM
To me, it just goes to show that OOKISA (?) has found a new advertising venue. :disgust:

Sulfates are irritating to some people's scalps, and are necessary for others. :shrug: Blanket generalizations are not smart, IMO.

And I find this statement rather, uhm, unclear:
"Sulfates dry out hair follicles and strands."

How the hell can you dry out hair follicles? :confused:

Beaglebuddy
May 24th, 2010, 01:28 PM
I agree with Lamb.
I think everybody's hair is different. I find some sulfates really drying but SLES doesn't dry my hair at all. And I find some sulfate free products are as drying as sulfates, especially ones with olefin sulfonate in it.

JenniferNoel
May 24th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Much like almost everything else in the universe, SLS/SLES sensitivity is subject to relativity. :luke:

My hair doesn't mind it at all actually, having a naturally oily scalp probably has a lot to do with that.
I do know several people though, who have huge allergies to it.

Kathie
May 24th, 2010, 01:55 PM
"The Devil is in the lather" What about some of the poo-bars? They lather but without SLS... I'm just picking ;)

burns_erin
May 24th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Even stranger is the Ookisa website https://www.ookisa.com/index.html?SUBID=snr_hp_bu_ok_1_052410;a&mboxSession=1274733440471-172422

They have this strange animated doll whose before and after hair shows not just increased volume but a doubling of length.

burns_erin
May 24th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Just thought I would add in here the Ookisa is appratnyl one of those free trial scammer companies.

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/ookisa-c187327.html

http://truthinaging.com/hair/ookisa-hair-thickening-system

GRU
May 24th, 2010, 08:09 PM
How about the fact that the Devil is also in piling your hair on top of your head and mashing it all together in the name of "cleansing"??

:rolleyes:

lastnite
May 24th, 2010, 08:13 PM
has anyone tried the product the site is advertising? I always see the ads and the before and after (the real people, not the doll) are impressive if they are real and not photo shopped. the ingredients they listed didn't look like anything new/special (red tea, white tea, camellia oil) hmmm maybe I should try rinses with those teas

Charlotte:)
May 24th, 2010, 08:18 PM
SLS certainly is toxic, but I think that if you are only using a little bit of shampoo twice a week it won't do too much damage. I have hard water so SLS shampoos are the only thing I can find that won't leave a waxy residue behind :(

christine1989
May 24th, 2010, 08:23 PM
Sometimes I forget that a lot of people shampoo everyday and honestly believe that it is good for their hair. I sort of "discovered" co washing on my own then found LHC and realized that it has been aroung for a long time and lots of people did it! I was a little dissapointed because up until then I though it was my own brilliant discovery :(

Loreley
May 25th, 2010, 12:52 AM
Yeah, we already knew that. ;)
I've used SLS- and SLES-free shampoo for two months and it's much better than the "usual" shampoos. :D

beez1717
May 25th, 2010, 01:34 AM
It's interesting but my hair seems to demand sulfates and non sulfates based on the day! It's like I get in the shower and I just know when my hair needs something else. It's like I just know and yet I have next to no experience... hehehe I mean I already know tomarow that I need no Sulfates. Maybe I just know when to switch based on if my hair feels normal or not right before I start using my chosen poo... who knows.

Dreams_in_Pink
May 25th, 2010, 04:33 AM
In recent years, hair experts around the world have noticed a sharp increase in the number of people suffering from thin, dry and damaged hair that looks dull and old. And it's not excessive styling and color treatments that are to blame.

Oh awesome! :D that means the only reason to our damaged hair was using sulfates! As long as we avoid them, we can continue bleaching and flat-ironing our hair without damaging it!

Even better, some of these products also help to reverse years of stripping and damaged caused by styling, drying and color treatments.

And furthermore, by using "some" non-SLS shampoos, we can repair our hair!! :cheese:

We know that lathering hair is bad because it strips all the natural oils. We also know that some people might be sensitive to sulfates. But hey, there are more wrongs in that article than rights. :D Other people need a good 50 more years to catch up on our technology :)