PDA

View Full Version : Bristle brush killed my ends?

Uinda
May 24th, 2010, 02:44 AM
Hi everyone!
A week ago I got myself a bristle brush (not a boar bristle brush, couldn't find one) and since then it seems that every hair on my head is split.
Did this happen to anyone of you too? Should I get myself a boar bristle brush, is that one any different?
Thank you!

Night_Kitten
May 24th, 2010, 03:26 AM
I had a nylon bristle brush a couple of years ago, and my hair definitely didn't like it - breakage, split ends, you name it... Had to put it away ASAP and never tuched it again...
Can't say anything about a BBB, never had one...

Kitteh
May 24th, 2010, 03:35 AM

Kitteh
May 24th, 2010, 03:45 AM

Gulbahar
May 24th, 2010, 04:21 AM
My boar bristle brush definitely damaged my hair! I don't use it anymore although I really liked the hair texture it gave me.

Uinda
May 24th, 2010, 05:00 AM
thank you for your answers!
It's a natural brush but it's got white bristles and says nothing about boars ... kind of sad, I really liked the shine it gave my hair :(

loralie
May 24th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Because my ends are heat, dye, and bleach damaged, I definitely would never use my BBB on them. I only use my boar brush on my scalp and a little down the length, it would totally ruin my ends if I used it anywhere else.

Sunny_side_up
May 25th, 2010, 01:41 PM
I owned a synthetic one years ago, raked it through my long hair, hair had a fluffy look in the family photos, but that was when i was paying no attention to my hair and didn't know anything about proper hair care or what a split end was. Eventually i had mum do me a big chop and i lost the brush. Nowadays i brush once a day- mornings. I use a natural wooden brush.

jera
May 25th, 2010, 02:34 PM
I once had a boar brush with very pointy, needle - like bristles that really hurt my scalp so much I quit using it. I went back to a conventional bristle brush. Since joining LHC, I've quit brushes altogether in favor of combs. My hair likes it much better this way. :)