PDA

View Full Version : I ripped some of my crown hairs off!

feralnature
May 23rd, 2010, 11:28 PM
I walked under a tree and then the same day a goat nibbled the top of my head. So now I have some fly-aways on the top of my head and it makes me sick. My hair was all long and no breakage and was so healthy and sleek. I have been wearing a bandana now when I tend the goats or work outside to prevent future tearing of my hair, but still upset with myself!

Milui Elenath
May 24th, 2010, 05:35 AM
:( poor you! Hopefully they will grow quickly, smooth down and be unnoticeable soon.

eadwine
May 24th, 2010, 05:41 AM
Trust me.. YOU are the one who notices this most, the others around you likely won't even blink (as long as you don't TELL them, that is).

Tangerine
May 24th, 2010, 07:05 AM
Wise words from eadwine!
Have you tried smoothing them down a little with some oil / aloe vera gel / leave-in conditioner or something like that? If you get them to lie smooth then you won't notice them yourself either :)

feralnature
May 24th, 2010, 11:38 AM
I have been using coconut oil. The hairs keep getting in my eyes and reminding me that they are tore off. In a couple of months they will be long enough to be caught in a ponytail. It is aggravating though.

spidermom
May 24th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Ouch! Something similar happened to me in the past. About 4 years ago I was squatting down in the kitchen playing with my puppy, and when I stood up RRIIPPP - at least 8 hairs that were stuck on a cabinet hinge were torn out by the root. I saw the short regrowth some months later when I was checking my length from the back because the hairs formed one tuft that was sticking out. Now that was attractive .............. not. I was rationing myself on being allowed to view my length at the time, and by the time I checked the length again, those hairs blended into the length. I hope the same happens for you very soon.

FrannyG
May 24th, 2010, 01:46 PM
I'm sorry that happened to you. I know just how upsetting it can be. My hair got got in a metal grate that I didn't know was there when I was stooping down doing a minor home repair. I eventually had to break the hairs in order to free myself. I was home alone at the time.

The patch of hair was about the circumference of a dime, right off the crown and broke about 3 inches from the scalp.

Now that was really noticeable and it was a pain to hide for a short while. However, it didn't take long for me to pretty much stop noticing it. Even though the hair is still far from the ends of my length it has blended in just fine.

While your breakage is a bit troublesome, it sounds as though it won't be evident to anyone but you and even at that, not for long. And remember, hair grows. :blossom:

growing2shine
May 24th, 2010, 01:52 PM
A few years ago a girl at school was sitting playing with a scissor and I was sitting beside her. Then suddenly, without warning, she cut into my hair on the top of my head. And it she cut quite a bit... And you could see it in a long time, but now it's not a problem.
But I hope it doesen't take you too long to grow it not-noticeable.

pdy2kn6
May 24th, 2010, 02:16 PM
I know the feeling. When we first got our puppy, I was doing sit ups and then guess who comes jumping on my head... It felt like he ripped through my hair because it was all scuffled up when I got up, and then whenever I looked in the mirror I would focus on that bit my puppy stood on. Trust me, over time this feeling goes away and you will forget about it. I know that even if it isn't noticable, sometimes its quite psycological. I thought my hair was ruined for days, but over time you will forget about it. They will grow out nicely, so try not to worry. Phil