PDA

View Full Version : Real Simple Article-Story of a Long Hair

x0h_bother
May 23rd, 2010, 12:09 PM
I just read the June issue of Real Simple and in their Life Lesson's section there was a touching story of the journey of a fellow longhair lover called Blonde Ambition, you can read it here on their website http://www.realsimple.com/magazine-more/inside-magazine/life-lessons/blond-ambition-00000000035141/index.html
:)

Ivy~Rose
May 23rd, 2010, 12:14 PM
What a beautiful story, I'm glad you shared it with us.

vanity_acefake
May 23rd, 2010, 12:18 PM
Oh thank you so much for sharing this. What a wonderful honest story. It made me cry.

Kristin
May 23rd, 2010, 12:18 PM
Oh, that is so bittersweet. Thank you.

Capybara
May 23rd, 2010, 12:20 PM
Thank you for sharing. That was touching :blossom:

AnitaThorn
May 23rd, 2010, 12:36 PM
This story is amazing. Like everyone else said, thank you for sharing this. :]

Maplecat
May 23rd, 2010, 12:39 PM
Interesting article. Just a heads-up for people who are sensitive, it talks about the death of a child.

Deimos
May 23rd, 2010, 12:39 PM
Great story, thanks for sharing :)

Loreley
May 23rd, 2010, 12:45 PM
What an interesting story! Thank you for sharing! :smile:

JenniferNoel
May 23rd, 2010, 12:48 PM
Very good story, worth reading, thanks for sharing! :)

neon-dream
May 23rd, 2010, 12:52 PM
Thank you for posting this. It's inspiring to all those in doubt about getting older and having long hair!

spidermom
May 23rd, 2010, 01:19 PM
So touching; I'm nearly in tears.

x0h_bother
May 23rd, 2010, 01:27 PM
AND some lovely updos!! They've really outdone themselves in this issue ;)
http://www.realsimple.com/beauty-fashion/hair/tools-techniques/summer-hairstyles-00000000035188/index.html
& your welcome! :)

Carolyn
May 23rd, 2010, 01:45 PM
That was a beautiful story. I feel so bad for her that it took decades and the death of her child for her to come back to long hair. Hair really does have power.

GRU
May 23rd, 2010, 05:13 PM
AND some lovely updos!! They've really outdone themselves in this issue ;)
http://www.realsimple.com/beauty-fashion/hair/tools-techniques/summer-hairstyles-00000000035188/index.html
& your welcome! :)

Gotta love how every single hairdo (even the ponytail!) has Step One involving putting an advertiser's product into your hair. :rolleyes:

And is "neat and elegant" now completely passe? So many of us here at LHC go to great lengths to prevent our hair from being frizzy and sticking out all over the place (CO washing, no brushes, no layers, etc.) but most of those styles tend to look "very windblown". It took me four decades to learn how to make my hair not look like crap all the time, and now that I've finally achieved it, it's fashionable to look like something the cat dragged in?

monkeyprincess
May 23rd, 2010, 05:44 PM
What a beautiful story, thanks so much for sharing!

IcarusBride
May 23rd, 2010, 05:51 PM
How nice! Thanks for sharing!
Ironically, the salon where she got the first terrible haircut is about a mile and a half from my current location as I post this!

x0h_bother
May 23rd, 2010, 06:30 PM
Gotta love how every single hairdo (even the ponytail!) has Step One involving putting an advertiser's product into your hair. :rolleyes:

And is "neat and elegant" now completely passe? So many of us here at LHC go to great lengths to prevent our hair from being frizzy and sticking out all over the place (CO washing, no brushes, no layers, etc.) but most of those styles tend to look "very windblown". It took me four decades to learn how to make my hair not look like crap all the time, and now that I've finally achieved it, it's fashionable to look like something the cat dragged in?

I thought so too. They look entirely too messy for my taste :afro::silly:. But the concepts might look nice if smoothed. And yes, I noticed the product plugs! :rolleyes: Typical.

ukuleleclaire
May 23rd, 2010, 06:32 PM
Really good article, I have to admit I did cry! Thanks for sharing it.