PDA

View Full Version : Full Moon in Leo

dropinthebucket
May 23rd, 2010, 08:19 AM
*** Woohoo!! -- Full Moon in Leo is TOMORROW! ***

Long luscious locks luck to all :D

EDT: According to astrology lore, trimming/dusting during the full moon in Leo is supposed to encourage hair to become thicker, fuller, and more luscious. See thread posts for more details. All trimmers, dusters, microtrimmers, and bangs trimmers welcome!

>> Original Post:
Thought I'd start a new thread for this, so it can be tracked by title ....

Many thanks to Oceanwoman for posting about astrology and hair cutting! really interesting.

Anyone else want to cut on Feb. 18, 2011, Full Moon in Leo? Supposed to make your hair long, thick, full and strong, like a lion's mane! yeah, i know it's a long way in advance to plan - but, Full Moon in Leo only happens once a year! :) AND, anyone wanna NOT cut at all until then??

All cutters, trimmers, micro-trimmers, dusters, and bangs-only trimmers welcome!

"Leo Trimmers" on the "Mane Forum" hee hee hee <

Kristin
May 23rd, 2010, 08:29 AM
Hmmm...I may be up for this one, mainly as a challenge. I haven't had anything more than a microtrim since February '09. I was planning on getting a real trim and my layers shaped up (so I don't look so much like a shaggy dog, lol) at the end of the summer. I'll have to think about this one...;)

oceanwoman111
May 23rd, 2010, 10:02 AM
Thought I'd start a new thread for this, so it can be tracked by title ....

Many thanks to Oceanwoman for posting about astrology and hair cutting! really interesting!

Anyone else want to cut on Feb. 18, 2011, Full Moon in Leo? Supposed to make your hair long, thick, full and strong, like a lion's mane! yeah, i know it's a long way in advance to plan - but, Full Moon in Leo only happens once a year! :) AND, anyone wanna NOT cut at all until then?? :D

"Leo Trimmers" on the "Mane Forum" hee hee hee

Hello, Drop in the bucket! Thank you for posting this. :thumbsup: You can count me in! I've recently seen a difference in thickness since the Full moon in Scorpio trim. I'm excited to see what happens with the full moon in Leo. I might have to trim once between then and now though, but only once. Can I still participate?

Kristin
May 23rd, 2010, 10:10 AM
Oh. Duh. I could trim in August/September AND Feb.18. Anyone know what day of the week that is? My aunt is a stylist and trims my hair. She won't really get the "trimming when the full moon is in Leo" thing, so I'm hoping it's a day she doesn't work and I can just casually ask..:D I'd hate to have to get it cut elsewhere. No one else (besides her and myself) has cut my hair since I was about 9. I suppose I could always trim myself if it came to that.

kabelaced
May 23rd, 2010, 10:19 AM
Interesting. I'm going to have to find that thread!

I'm a Leo, and astrology is fun to think about, plus I told myself I wouldn't cut it at all for the rest of this year.

February 18th it is! Long and thick like a lion's mane!! :cheese:

MonikaHa
May 23rd, 2010, 11:18 AM
I think I just might join this challenge, my hair is short and hopefully won't need any trims until next year.
I marked the date in my Blackberry, so it's official now!

Loreley
May 23rd, 2010, 12:58 PM
I cut at the beginning of every month but I'm going to cut then as well. Maybe it'll help. ;)
BTW I'm a Leo! :D

StarryNight
May 23rd, 2010, 01:45 PM
I am really going to try this. I may dust a bit until then, but I won't cut. Nine months! I haven't gone that long without a trim since junior high!:disbelief

jera
May 23rd, 2010, 02:12 PM
I won't cut but I'll trim. :p Is just a trim equally effective. ;)

emmabovary
May 23rd, 2010, 03:39 PM
I'm in! I love astrology. Not planning to trim until next year anyway.

Luckysock
May 23rd, 2010, 03:42 PM
Cool I'm in (I'm a Leo too)

McFearless
May 23rd, 2010, 07:39 PM
Count me in. I have a good feeling about this:cool:

ali beast
May 23rd, 2010, 11:17 PM
I'm in! That will be almost exactly 2 years since my pixie. I got it evened out to a bob last November with slight layering in the back, so I'll be able to trim off some of the bottom layers without getting all spastic about "losing length." I hope I remember, that's a long time away from now! But I love me some full moon magic...

soobie
May 23rd, 2010, 11:23 PM
Hey, that's my birthday! Cool!

dropinthebucket
May 24th, 2010, 07:04 AM
Yeah! Welcome all Feb. 18 trimmers! whether cutting, trimming, waiting 'til then, or trimming in between, too! No worries about forgetting - i will post a reminder the week before, and then again the day before! :)

I was a trim-it-when-it-gets-to-your-shoulders kinda girl before LHC - have never gone so long without cutting, can't wait to see how long it will get! Might have to dust the bangs a bit before then so they're not in my eyes - but yeah, let's go for it!!! :)

breezefaerie
May 24th, 2010, 07:21 AM
I love learning about this; astrology and how it pertains to hair!

dropinthebucket
October 29th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Updating didn't bump this thread, so..... BUMP!

MonikaHa
October 29th, 2010, 07:46 AM
I am still in!

Vermelha
October 29th, 2010, 07:48 AM
Wow. This thread attracted quite a bit of Leos (myself included). Hmm, I'll probably make this date my annual cut date. I don't have a schedule, so this could be something new to try.

Is there a thread on Astrology? Let me look...

chelseamichelle
October 29th, 2010, 07:53 AM
I'll join! I'm a Leo :) I wasn't planning on cutting my hair until then anyways.

sally_neuf
October 29th, 2010, 08:05 AM
OHH so you're all trimming your hair on my birthday?? :D

paperwhite
October 29th, 2010, 08:07 AM
OHH so you're all trimming your hair on my birthday?? :D

Yup :D I'm not a Leo, but I'm going to join this thread/challenge anyway. My brother's a full-on Leo. Like to a T. It's almost scary :P

mira-chan
October 29th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Another Leo and doing trims to thicken up the hemline a bit so I wouldn't mind trimming that day if I don't forget.

Igor
October 29th, 2010, 08:52 AM
Interesting! Going to follow this thread so I can remember it, thank you :flower:

luxepiggy
October 29th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Alas, I cannot join in the fun, but I will be trimming/cutting on the 2nd day of the lunar calendar, per Chinese tradition, which falls a couple of weeks after this date next year, and do not plan any trims/cuts until then (^(oo)^)v

Igor
October 29th, 2010, 10:49 AM
So is there any specific time of the day that’s better than others? Or anything specific you can do to increase the effect? :wink:

Tia2010
November 17th, 2010, 12:13 AM
My gran use to tell me to cut my hair on the full moon if I wanted it to be pretty ...but I never listened (* note to self* start listening to Gran ;))

So I'm in ! ( and I'm also a Leo! ) I will have to call my Gran and let her know I'm taking her advice , finally :)

Tiina
November 17th, 2010, 01:58 AM
That is just about a year since I started "actively" growing. So might as well join in too. :)

Adiva
November 17th, 2010, 02:26 AM
Another Leo here, count me in too :)

Unofficial_Rose
November 17th, 2010, 02:28 AM
I'm in. I'll need another trim by then (have to trim a lot).

Can't argue with "long, thick and strong" :pray:

RachieBaby
November 17th, 2010, 03:43 AM
Im a leo! :D I think i'll give this a go! :D

Night_Kitten
November 17th, 2010, 04:05 AM
I was planning on trimming in the end of December / beggining of January, but what's another month? And if I wait till February it will also be a whole year without trims, so count me in!!! :D

jenwexler
November 17th, 2010, 04:49 AM
I'll join! I am a Leo burn on the cusp. I am mostly leo but I do seem to have Virgo qualities too. I am definitely a fire though. I've always had a thick mane but I have so many layers it looks slightly thinner. If my mane is too thick though it will look like a mess. Maybe full moon in leo will be a nice balance.

summergame
November 17th, 2010, 04:59 AM
I want to do it alos but i can't cut it of myself. Maybe i should ask my boyfriend to sleep with me friday :D. I should calculate also when i have to cut because there are a few hours between Amerika and Europe..

nuxa
November 17th, 2010, 06:07 AM
OMG!
I always cut my hair acording to the moon calendar but an event like that is really the push I needed :)
I've been having this huge urge to cut and you gave me a date to look up to! yeeey !
One year basically without trimmig and my hair could realy use a cut.

Here's another Leo hoping for the magics of the full leo moon :D

Armelle
November 17th, 2010, 06:39 AM
Wow! Very cool...but I think I'll hide my hair this day. It's already too "lion's mane" for me! (poofy and uncontrollable...and the color too...)

Hmm, though I AM tempted to trim it...just in case. What'll happen? Will it get even bigger?? I'll look like Cousin It! :silly:

TrudieCat
November 17th, 2010, 08:48 AM
This is a great idea! Feb will be a great time for me to finally cut, hoping to hold out until then. I think by then my ends will be officially a disaster so it'll be good to snip a few inches, and my hair should still be long enough to be able to comfortably put up in some of my favorite updos. I'm in! :)

kabelaced
November 17th, 2010, 09:50 AM
Thanks for reviving this thread! I was trying to remember the date of it, only remembering it was in February. I wonder how long my hair will be then?

Will I even be able to trim it? :p

sarah061
November 17th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Ooh, thanks for posting this! I'm definitely up for it :)

aenflex
November 17th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Promised myself no trim for 6 months. last trim 8/28/10. So around 2/18 (BF's birthday), I could cut my hair and be just at 6 months. So count me in!

Dreams_in_Pink
November 17th, 2010, 10:06 AM
As a leo, i wouldn't cut my hair now even if it's a million moons! :D

bedazzlecat
November 17th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Middle of February sounds about right since I'm due in March. Added some biotin to my prenatal vitamin (they didn't include biotin) and taking flax-seed omega 3's. I really don't trim very often anyway, not even search and destroy. But I do like the idea of working with the moon for hair growth.

curlymarcia
November 17th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Thank you Drop In The Bucket. I will make my hair trim that day (i need to write down the day).

jenwexler
November 18th, 2010, 09:26 PM
If my hair wasn't so layers, it would be a mane because I am a Leo. If it grows like crazy I can always get my hair reshaped. Do you guys think I should wait til February to have a cut? It's mid November now so that's not too bad of a wait I guess.

Igor
November 25th, 2010, 05:22 PM
I picked up my new paper calendar for 2011 (Its one of those things I’m pretty picky about) and have added this date as a trim date :gabigrin:

MissManda
November 25th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Oh what fun! :)

My mom used to tell me I'm a rising Leo, so I think this well be interesting. I'm doing small, monthly trims between the 18th and 24th of every month so I'll just make sure to schedule for that specific date.

ange1ito
November 25th, 2010, 05:56 PM
I have been following the moon signs for my hair since august 2010 and oiling with evoo and coconut oil more often after my once thick hair starting changing texture and health. Alot of it was to do with personal stresses and i had a serious shed for quite a while. My hairdresser thinks I'm a little loopy when i remind her i shall not see her again till the new moon, but i actually monitor my growth when its full moon and noticed it seems to grow faster when its the new moon. I'm a leo too. Shall be joining the thread too :silly: even if my stylist thinks i'm crazy...lol.

DorothyAtForty
November 25th, 2010, 09:22 PM
I'm in! Three months will be here in no time and I can't wait to do this. I find astrology interesting, so I'm going to look for that thread also!

Druid of Alba
November 25th, 2010, 09:59 PM
From what I've read, cutting hair at the new moon will make it grow faster, whereas cutting it suring the full moon will make it grow thicker. I'm really into astrology, I find this kind of thing fascinating! I'd do totally this, but I've decided not to cut my hair until May, which will make it a full year since my last haircut! Also, seeing as my hair is short, and I want it to grow fast (and it's already thick), I think I'll cut my hair during the new moon. Do you know what the new moon in May is under? What symbol? Is there some site I can go to, to find out when the moon is under what symbol? Please let me know, I'm really interested! Thanks!

DorothyAtForty
November 26th, 2010, 12:10 AM
Do you know what the new moon in May is under? What symbol? Is there some site I can go to, to find out when the moon is under what symbol? Please let me know, I'm really interested! Thanks!

I use: http://www.usno.navy.mil/USNO/astronomical-applications/data-services/phases-moon to find the moon phases. Just enter the year and it should pull up a table. I think the new moon for May 2011 will be on the 3rd. As for the sign it's under, I see you're in Canada, so try the Lunar Times (http://www.thelunartimes.com/Eastern_Canada.aspx) site. After you choose a location, then under the sunrise/sunset you should be able to choose dates. I hope that helps a little. :)

keepmyhair
November 26th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Sometime back I decided not to cut/trim my hair until I can get it into a proper ponytail. Not sure if that will happen in February, but if it does then I am in.

chelles2kids
November 26th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Interesting. I'm going to have to find that thread!

I'm a Leo, and astrology is fun to think about, plus I told myself I wouldn't cut it at all for the rest of this year.

February 18th it is! Long and thick like a lion's mane!! :cheese:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=47284&highlight=astrology

This thread got my curiosity piqued so I went to do a search for Oceanwomans other thread & thought I'd post the link if anyone here might of missed it or wanted to reread it!

I'm a Pisces! :D

Igor
November 26th, 2010, 12:22 PM
I have to admit I find these things fascinating, but could never get myself into really understanding it. Maybe because every time I try, I end up feeling more confused with all the terms being thrown around.
All I know is I’m an Aries and I’m going to trim February 18th… :gabigrin:

autumnchild
November 26th, 2010, 12:27 PM
:sun::sun::suspect: Call me crazy ( i have been called worse, but sticks and stones, and its not what your called its what you respond to....) I thought that when you trim/cut hair on a full moon that SLOWS growth.... Please enliGHTEN me, on the facts...

LittleRainbow
November 26th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Maybeee.... I've just discovered my ends have a lot of slipt ends and feel completely dryed out so a trim would do just fine. The last time I trimmed my hair it was full blown summer, so it would be less then a year apart. A really short time according to me. I usually cut my hair every 5th year or so... :p

Capybara
November 26th, 2010, 03:59 PM
You know what's funny, I joined LHC on February 18th, IIRC, and that was the day I did my first Feye self trim. I decided to trim every 6 months ... which meant that I trimmed in August, and am scheduled to trim on February 18th again! :silly: Great how that works out :)

GlennaGirl
November 26th, 2010, 06:28 PM
So...where's the info on Feb. 18, 2011 specifically? I mean...where did everyone hear of this, and is it just for Leos or can anyone trim on this particular moon? (I'm a Leo, BTW...)

dropinthebucket
December 20th, 2010, 07:47 AM
Challenge includes trimming, micro-trimming, or dusting for everyone, on the full moon in February 2011, which is full moon in Leo (not just for Leos :) ) .

After reading OceanWoman's original post, I did some looking around, and found these:

http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip001.htm (http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip001.htm)(scroll down to - To Grow Your Hair Thicker and Stronger)

http://www.tarotforum.net/library/20/2002-04/cutting-hair-during-the-full-moon-20020405.shtml (http://www.tarotforum.net/library/20/2002-04/cutting-hair-during-the-full-moon-20020405.shtml)
(scroll down to - Moon Phase Theory, and then down to - Leo)

="http://www.hairrific.com/hist-cutfullmoon.htm"]http://www.hairrific.com/hist-cutfullmoon.htm

="http://moontracksastrology.blogspot.com/2010/04/beauty-tips-via-moon.html"]http://moontracksastrology.blogspot.com/2010/04/beauty-tips-via-moon.html

So, the concensus appears to be that Full Moon in Leo helps the hair grow thicker, fuller, and stronger --- just the thing for us fine-and-thinnies! :)

Thanks chellies2kids for linking OceanWoman's original post.

Avital88
December 20th, 2010, 08:02 AM
I love this thread!
i use this full moon method since 2 years and even my hairdresser was surprised about my gained thickness.So for sure im in for the trim in february.I was planning on a trim in februari already, i just hope its not in the weekend:)Cant wait:)

Anywhere
December 23rd, 2010, 02:33 PM
I've been waiting for this since I first saw this thread back in March or April. Eee. :D Here's to hoping that I actually remember once the 18th comes around, I'm not trimming until then. :scissors:

I skimmed the thread, might have overlooked it but is this supposed to be done at night, during the full moon? :hmm:

LaurelSpring
December 23rd, 2010, 03:37 PM
Excellent idea! Count me in! I did a dusting last month and was going to do a little dusting before the new year and do the 2011 no trim challenge but whats a few more weeks right? I will wait and trim on Feb 18 and then go the year. Im putting it on my calendar now!

DuckyDot
December 23rd, 2010, 03:47 PM
I'm in for a micro trim! My ends have really thickened out but I think they could do with a small trim and re-shape!!

littlenvy
January 29th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Anyone has booked their appointment yet???
:cheese:I have!!!

Well ... actually, I just put it on the calendar since my DH will do the trim :p but still! Its there and I can't wait.

paperwhite
January 29th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Anyone has booked their appointment yet???
:cheese:I have!!!

Well ... actually, I just put it on the calendar since my DH will do the trim :p but still! Its there and I can't wait.

A friend and I are trying to get appointments booked for the 18th. I think that's when the full moon will be out...we haven't booked them yet though, the number for the business has changed :/

Anywhere
January 29th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Eee. The thread is revived. :D

This trim date is the only thing keeping me from having already cut my hair out of frustration. Still looking forward to it. Only... 20 days away.

aggie_deirde
January 29th, 2011, 03:05 PM
It may sound silly,but you have to cut your hair at the morning of 18th or during the full moon?

casey3035
January 29th, 2011, 04:06 PM
It may sound silly,but you have to cut your hair at the morning of 18th or during the full moon?
not silly-I would like to know as well! I am a leo and havent cut since Aug 18th... will trim Feb 18th as well!

i

Jimothea
January 29th, 2011, 06:36 PM
I'm kind of wondering about this myself (still don't know if I need a trim, but if I do, Feb 18th would be when I'd do it, just in case *smile*). I definitely think the moon effects more growth patterns than we admit!

I just read the moon actually comes into fullness at 12:36 a.m., pacific. My guess is anytime during the full moon (since a 12:30 a.m. haircut is unlikely) but before the moon is technically on the decrease would be good. So the day/morning of the full moon should be fine, right? Of course it can't hurt to literally cut by light of the full moon, if that's doable.

knux
January 29th, 2011, 06:43 PM
I like what I am hearing so far, but what exactly is this? Like what is the thought process behind it all?

Charlotte:)
January 29th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Oh, I wish I had heard about this earlier! I just did my semi-annual dusting a few weeks ago, but I suppose another one on Feb. 18th won't hurt. Perhaps since it's supposed to make your hair grow longer, it will make up for trimming a few weeks ago. Just to be safe, I'll stay up for the moon to become officially full :)

jujube
January 29th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Yes, I agree with knux. Why trim specifically on this date?

FullMoonTrim
January 29th, 2011, 10:23 PM
According to the Morocco Method Lunar calendar (which I have started following) Feb 18-19th are great days for "Beautifying" your hair.

Their definition of Beautify is: These dates are used to improve the texture and sheen of one's hair. Beautifying also works to enhance and refine the waviness of one's hair.

Anyway, it sounds like a lot of fun!!! I just had a micro-trim so I'm not ready for one yet but I love that you all are doing this:)

Fayjoi
January 30th, 2011, 05:30 AM
I'm in too. I also use the Morocco Method Lunar calender, that way I don't trim too often. Last trim is already over 6 months ago, so I sure need a little trim next month. My husband will do it as always.

knux
January 31st, 2011, 01:45 AM
Hmm this is so interesting! I just did a trim so i don't think i need to do one so soon but I will be following this and i hope to hear good things.

Thanks for the info and good luck everyone.:)

sarahyoshi
January 31st, 2011, 08:13 PM
I actually joined this forum today so I could say thank you for this awesome idea - just scheduled my yearly trim for the 18th! Thank you for all the fun reading too (^_^)

dropinthebucket
February 4th, 2011, 03:51 AM
bump ......

scorpio_rising
February 4th, 2011, 04:16 AM
I'm in! --------

mustpannkook
February 4th, 2011, 06:02 AM
I guess if you don't want to trim you can S&D like I do. I trimmed a month ago but I S&D after the lunar chart and avoid the time when the moon is waning and it seems to be working. I think I'll be S&D-ing on 18th, too. It's also my brother's birthday :p.

CarpeDM
February 4th, 2011, 08:31 AM
I'm not ready to trim just yet, but I was thinking about trimming around April, May, or June. Is there any good time to trim around that time, just curious??

CarpeDM
February 4th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Oh and what is this "bump"ing all about? Help a newbie please :)

haikitteh
February 4th, 2011, 04:04 PM
I'm in! I need a trim anyway - this will spur me to call my stylist & schedule one.

SummerSkye
February 4th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Another Leo here! I'll trim that day and then not until my birthday which will be exactly six months

Kaijah
February 4th, 2011, 06:13 PM
I'll trim. If not so much because I think my hair will get a boost, I at least need to put myself on a trim schedule for this year. The layers won't get rid of themselves. :p And I'm a Leo, so... what can it hurt?

Oh and what is this "bump"ing all about? Help a newbie please :)

Bring Up My Post. Just to get the thread more attention at the top of the forum, since the date is coming up.

CarpeDM
February 7th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Ah ha, thanks for answering that!

ScarlettAdelle
February 7th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Gemini, but still in!

What do we want?
A trim!
When do we want it?
February 18!!

</team spirit> XD

patienceneeded
February 7th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Hey, I think I'll do this too! I need a small trim, plus (according to the "new" astrological signs) I'm a Leo. Which is weird, because I grew up as a Virgo. Ah, well. Time to call my stylist and to arrange for someone to pick DD up from daycare. If this works, GREAT. If not, heck...a trim will do some good.

Cowgirl16
February 8th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Count me in; I'll do a self "dusting" on that day!.....Oh and I'm a Gemini:D

MissManda
February 9th, 2011, 01:53 AM
I don't know why, but I am excited about the upcoming trim date. :D I intend to keep this in my schedule, although I haven't decided if I'm going to do just a microtrim or take off a little more. I'll see when it happens, I suppose.

Avital88
February 9th, 2011, 04:27 AM
I will just do a little dusting to get at least the boost but no lenght sacrificed.. This morning i realized that i have around 4inches of ends that are quite fast tanglers probably because of heat damage..
I want to get rid of that damage, but not all in once, maybe not even all in one year :) i
So just some dusting for februari 18, and im a gemini aswel. Alot of geminis here!

Anywhere
February 9th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Hey, I think I'll do this too! I need a small trim, plus (according to the "new" astrological signs) I'm a Leo. Which is weird, because I grew up as a Virgo. Ah, well. Time to call my stylist and to arrange for someone to pick DD up from daycare. If this works, GREAT. If not, heck...a trim will do some good.

I'm still a leo in the "new" astrological signs, and since I stick with the tropical zodiac nothing would change. This "new" zodiac isn't new at all, and even if it was I'd ignore it.

I'm excited for the trim though. only 9 days away. :D:D:D

Lianna
February 9th, 2011, 05:59 PM
The moon in Leo is the driest of all signs...I understand you might get thicker hair, but will compromise growth, as I understand.

I trim according to this (http://www.longhairlovers.com/moon_maintenance.html).

jasper
February 9th, 2011, 06:04 PM
i trimmed last weekend, but that Was just another little stab at correcting my hemline, which is a slanted and uneven and i am in need of a bigger cut. Maybe i will get brave and give it a really corrective cut on the 18th.

Anywhere
February 9th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Lianna, I don't care if it makes my hair grow slower.. as long as I get more thickness I'll be happy, my ends are less than 1 cm circumference. :(

Lianna
February 9th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Lianna, I don't care if it makes my hair grow slower.. as long as I get more thickness I'll be happy, my ends are less than 1 cm circumference. :(

I understand. :)

Capybara
February 9th, 2011, 08:26 PM
I just realized that February 18 is my LHC anniversary. Makes it all the more perfect to trim then! (Although I don't think I need it at this point, but still!)

ScarlettAdelle
February 12th, 2011, 12:00 PM

I was under the impression that the new charts were only for those born after like 1990 or something... I haven't read conventional hohoscopes in ages, so I could be way off XP

PurpleRays
February 12th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Another Leo here..can't wait to trim on the 18th as last trim was in August.

Freki
February 12th, 2011, 06:39 PM
I was under the impression that the new charts were only for those born after like 1990 or something... I haven't read conventional hohoscopes in ages, so I could be way off XP

Actually, if you're following western Astrology, it doesn't apply AT ALL. Western astrology (which most people who read their horoscope online or in the papers are following) follows the tropical zodiac, which goes by the seasons. The changes are in the sidereal zodiac, and the changes have been known for a very long time.

I'll definitely be giving my hair a good dusting and my bangs a good trim on the 18th! Any chance for a bit more thickness couldn't hurt.

McFearless
February 12th, 2011, 06:45 PM
I thought full moon in cancer was the best for hair progress? fast growth AND thickness?

Bluegrass Babe
February 12th, 2011, 07:05 PM
Does anyone have a link that tells when the moon is in the different signs? I know it is only in each for about 2 1/2 days but I'm too lazy to figure it out and I would most likely be off in calculations anyway!

I have a printout of the MM lunar hair care but it doesn't say which sign the moon is in.

Also, does anyone know the consequenses of cutting if the moon in your own sign or do the general worse sign is Virgo best sign is Leo apply evenly to all of us?

haikitteh
February 12th, 2011, 07:28 PM
I found this chart (http://www.moonsigncalendar.net/new_full_moon.htm) which tells the moon/sign positions for 2011.

Lianna
February 12th, 2011, 07:38 PM
I thought full moon in cancer was the best for hair progress? fast growth AND thickness?

I only know for faster growth, which must be the first quarter of the moon. Or just for thickness, which is the full moon in leo. It's advisable to pick the most fruitful signs, such as cancer, pisces, scorpio and others (for growth). Next monday (tomorrow for me) is the first quarter in cancer, so the very best for faster growth. For growth and thickness I just found this from the site I mentioned above:

"The Moon in Pisces is watery and feminine and one of the most fertile signs so expect increased growth and thickness if you cut your hair during this moon. In fact, almost any hair goal can be achieved with success."

Does anyone have a link that tells when the moon is in the different signs?

http://www.lunarium.co.uk/calendar/universal.jsp

Bluegrass Babe
February 12th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the links!

I knew of the harvest moon, but not the corn or hay moons, LOL! It's interesting that in the link from haikitteh, the full moon in Leo is the wolf moon! Dog moon in a cat sign - that's funny!

Lianna - in your link the moon is in the Leo sign on the 16th, and the full moon is in the Virgo sign on the 18th :confused: Wonder why the difference?

This astrology/sign thing is so confusing! It is so much easier to just go by full moon / new moon.

mrs_b
February 12th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Lianna - in your link the moon is in the Leo sign on the 16th, and the full moon is in the Virgo sign on the 18th :confused: Wonder why the difference?

This astrology/sign thing is so confusing! It is so much easier to just go by full moon / new moon.

The Full Moon is on Feb. 18 in 29^ Leo (this is last degree of Leo) at 2.36 AM CST and then The Moon changes sign to Virgo at 3.39 AM CST.

Bluegrass Babe
February 12th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Thank you, mrs_b!

haikitteh
February 12th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Yes, it is really confusing. Interestingly enough, this site (http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip001.htm) (which I think is the one that started this thread) says that to get fuller thicker hair, cut on Full Moon in Leo; but before that it says for faster, longer and healthier hair, cut on the New Moon in Taurus, Cancer, Scorpio, Capricorn or Pisces (as Lianna just said above). And there is a New Moon in Pisces coming up on 3/4/11.

Which just leaves me wondering whether I should cut on the 18th, or 3/4, or both. Honestly, my hair has been so lanky and lifeless I need all the help I can get! :o

Lianna
February 12th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Hmm, I just used that site so far, but here's another one: http://www.moonchart.org/chart2011/february.html

mrs_b
February 12th, 2011, 09:27 PM
to make things more confusing here is another chart (scroll down the page to see a chart):
https://morroccomethod.com/lunar-hair-chart

The common sens tells me that when The Moon is growing (waxing) which is between The New Moon and The Full Moon everything grows faster - it is very easy to gain weight, and after The Full Moon when the Moon is waning everything grows slower - this is a good time to start a diet.

Lianna
February 12th, 2011, 09:44 PM
to make things more confusing here is another chart (scroll down the page to see a chart):
https://morroccomethod.com/lunar-hair-chart

I've seen this site but doesn't really explain why cut on such days.

mrs_b
February 12th, 2011, 09:55 PM
I've seen this site but doesn't really explain why cut on such days.

yes, you are right.

It's better to stick with phases of the Moon.

haikitteh
February 13th, 2011, 12:00 AM
Thanks for the link, mrs. b. I've seen people referring to the Morrocco Method chart and wondered what it was!

Anywhere
February 13th, 2011, 07:35 AM
So many different charts. :bigeyes:

If cutting on the 18th is bad then I hope I get a placebo effect anyway. :p

Hotrox
February 17th, 2011, 01:18 AM
I am trimming tomorrow - it'll be my first cut for 7 months :D

Feel a bit nervous about going to the hair dressers but am going to trust in the power of the moon :p

varintalonguard
February 17th, 2011, 01:23 AM
This is an interesting thought. I'm a leo and the full moon is supposed to be good for trimming bushes..:p

Something to think about if nothing else.

Izae
February 17th, 2011, 02:31 AM
Huh, sounds interesting.
I might snip off a few split ends tomorrow then. I wasn't planning to do any cutting at all for a while, not until I've done a bit more research on LHC anyway, but now for some reason I really want to do something. :confused:

jasper
February 17th, 2011, 04:36 AM
Oh, don't let me forget! Tomorrow I need to cut my bangs anyway and I am going to try to get some help evening up my slanting hemline.

I don't put stock in star charts, but the moon is another matter. And it is as good a day as any to get on with the trim that I need.

dropinthebucket
February 17th, 2011, 10:36 AM
It's here! It's here! It's finally here!

I've waited all the way since last May, and it's finally Full Moon in Leo - and time for my first trim in a year. I'm so excited!

As an F/i, I'd be very happy to see some added thickness and strength, so here's hoping that full, luscious Leo moon works a treat. :) I'm sure it will at least *look* thicker after a teeny trim. Happy full moon, lovelies!

Anywhere
February 17th, 2011, 02:05 PM
It's here! It's here! It's finally here!

I've waited all the way since last May, and it's finally Full Moon in Leo - and time for my first trim in a year. I'm so excited!

As an F/i, I'd be very happy to see some added thickness and strength, so here's hoping that full, luscious Leo moon works a treat. :) I'm sure it will at least *look* thicker after a teeny trim. Happy full moon, lovelies!

I know, right? I want at least a teensy bit more thickness. Today one of my very thick haired friends (who always whines about how thick her hair is and how she wishes it was thin) grabbed my braid and, with a disgusted look on her face, went "WOW. the ends of your hair are so THIN. And your ends are so dead. You should really get a haircut." I know my ends are thin thanks to stupid layers and anemia. I know my bleach, dye, and flat iron damaged ends are a little rough. Sometimes I wish friends didn't feel that comfortable. The one day I wear my hair in something other than a bun too. :rolleyes:

I need that thickness so bad. :(

littlenvy
February 17th, 2011, 02:18 PM
YAY!!! Not too long now! :)

SprngGrnGoddess
February 17th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Hmnn!

LOL, I've been reading about this full moon in Leo thing! I'm a Leo too and have been thinking since I started loking after my hair a bit it was actuallyy looking thin instead of all plumped up (in a bad way).

So I'm in the UK, how many hours from now til I need to dust/trim it - I don't really get the time difference stuff and how that woud be affected by the position of the moon. It's the 18th here in about a half hour....

where are the rest of you?

Cleopatra18
February 17th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Man I'm just reading this for the first time! It's 1:38 AM now,when I'm supposed to trim??
I was following the morrocan method and was planning to trim on march 19th,But if this is better I may just go to the salon tomorow.
Can anyone please give me some (fast) input?

morecowbell
February 17th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Welp it's been about a month since my last trim, and I usually like to go about three times that long between, but I just can't pass this up! :)
I'll be doing a self micro trim tomorrow after my shower, so here's my fingers crossed! :D

Demetrue
February 17th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Since it's already the 18th per Greenwich Mean Time, I decided to take the plunge and trim off a good amount of fried, damaged hair. I tried to hold back for as long as I could, but after washing my hair tonight, it became apparent that the ends were not salvagable and just made me unhappy. My hair is about 2 inches shorter all over now, but the improved appearance and smooth feel make up for the loss in length.

Hotrox
February 17th, 2011, 11:45 PM
I've done it :D

Just got back from the salon. Lost little more length than wanted/planned to but it just means that I am ultimately closer to growing out some of my layers.

Heres to getting thicker hair :p

janeytilllie
February 18th, 2011, 01:54 AM
I've just trimmed my ends and bangs :) I hope this works :D :pray:

dropinthebucket
February 18th, 2011, 04:00 AM
cleopatra18, I think anytime on the 18th your time zone. Not an astrology expert, though, so maybe some more experienced trim-by-the-stars LHCers will help us out with a definitive answer.

jasper
February 18th, 2011, 04:02 AM
I did it at not quite 5 a.m. I am up extra early because I couldn't sleep for some reason. I simply did the Feye's trim method and took off the bits that stuck out longer at the end of the tail. I have to use my camera to get a look at my full length and see if it is more even (or more slanted :scared:)

brunette
February 18th, 2011, 05:21 AM
Man I'm just reading this for the first time! It's 1:38 AM now,when I'm supposed to trim??
I was following the morrocan method and was planning to trim on march 19th,But if this is better I may just go to the salon tomorow.
Can anyone please give me some (fast) input?
Well Full Moon occured at 08:36 UT and it entered Leo at 09:39 UT so it is safe to do so now if you want to trim when the Full Moon is in Leo.

I've got mixed feelings, because of my beliefs. I usually associate Full Moon work with things to be diminished or banished, and New Moon or waxing moon with things I want to increase or attract. I also associate Leo with being the most Dry and Barren sign and only epilate my underarms or my legs for instance in this sign, because I want it to not return quickly! So I will not be trimming. There's something very romantic and magical about cutting by the Full Moon but since this conflicts with my personal beliefs I cannot bring myself to do so. I do need a trim, however and I will be timing mine differently. Just my :twocents:

charalito
February 18th, 2011, 09:24 AM
I usually associate Full Moon work with things to be diminished or banished, and New Moon or waxing moon with things I want to increase or attract. I also associate Leo with being the most Dry and Barren sign ...

Same here about Leo being barren, but I also read a lot about Full Moon Leo being a special case and my ends really needed some work, so I cut 1cm off, not much. My real trim will come March 4th on the Pisces new moon.

morecowbell
February 18th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Well Full Moon occured at 08:36 UT and it entered Leo at 09:39 UT so it is safe to do so now if you want to trim when the Full Moon is in Leo.

I've got mixed feelings, because of my beliefs. I usually associate Full Moon work with things to be diminished or banished, and New Moon or waxing moon with things I want to increase or attract. I also associate Leo with being the most Dry and Barren sign and only epilate my underarms or my legs for instance in this sign, because I want it to not return quickly! So I will not be trimming. There's something very romantic and magical about cutting by the Full Moon but since this conflicts with my personal beliefs I cannot bring myself to do so. I do need a trim, however and I will be timing mine differently. Just my :twocents:

I just did a bunch of reading (and looked at the Farmer's Almanac) and I think I'm going to wait until new moon in Pisces (so March 4) to trim. Mainly because I'm not lacking in thickness (I would love some extra thickness, but if the moon is somehow already waning in my neck of the woods, I'd hate to trim then and have my growth slow down! :o), but also because cutting on the new moon is supposed to encourage faster growth, which is my main goal. :)

I vote for the ladies/mens (:P) to post pics of their new trims/cuts for us all to ogle! :D

jenwexler
February 18th, 2011, 10:57 AM
I'm confused about change in zodiac. I'm born August 20th so I'm a leo. I haven't checked if that changed or not. My hair alone should say I'm a leo though. It's extremely thick =]

brunette
February 18th, 2011, 11:20 AM
I'm confused about change in zodiac. I'm born August 20th so I'm a leo. I haven't checked if that changed or not. My hair alone should say I'm a leo though. It's extremely thick =]
Don't worry everyone, the horoscope has not changed. Western astrology is different from the sidereal zodiac. Therefore there is no 13th sign, this link explains it in full:
http://www.dailyhoroscope.com/horoscope-headlines/ophiuchus-the-13th-zodiac-sign

eta if it had been true, I would have been the new 'sign' ophiucus. It seemed to fit by all accounts I had read, however since it is not a sign but a constellation etc I am still Sagittarius :D

patienceneeded
February 18th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Today's the day! I'm getting my trim at 4:00! So excited!

Tia2010
February 18th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Well I'm confused :confused: Everyone is posting about cutting their hair already but it's only the morning/afternoon of the 18th here... I thought I was suppose to cut tonight (on the night of the 18th) when the moon rises??

I'm confused.... Did I miss something??

brunette
February 18th, 2011, 11:31 AM
The moon went into the sign of Leo at 09:39 in my time zone (I'm in the UK), therefore it is still in Leo at this moment. It will remain in Leo all day so you can cut at any point if you desire to cut during Moon in Leo :D You can wait till dark if you prefer, but anyone who cut during daytime the Moon was still in that sign from 09:39 Universal Time or GMT. The moon did not go anywhere just cos you could not see it!

mustpannkook
February 18th, 2011, 11:33 AM
I S&D-d today. I hope it's equal to trimming as I'm taking part in the no trims in 2011 and I don't want to break the rules...

haikitteh
February 18th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Well I did a tiny trim using Feye's self-trimming method, and later I'm going to do a bit of search & destroy (when it dries enough for me to see the ends properly). Let's see if it makes a difference! :D

Fayjoi
February 18th, 2011, 05:49 PM
I also got my trim, last one was about 8 month ago. My husband did it, I lost about 1 inch. I'm still growing out layers.

McFearless
February 18th, 2011, 06:00 PM
You don't have to be a Leo to participate.

Tia2010
February 18th, 2011, 06:10 PM
I did a very small trim and some s&d...hope it works !!! :D I want a lion's mane !!

Fairlight63
February 18th, 2011, 06:21 PM
I did about a 1/4" trim.

Anywhere
February 18th, 2011, 07:02 PM
I trimmed off an inch, but it feels the same. I can only feel the difference in the ends if I concentrate on them. However, the trim helped the overall appearance in my opinion, even if it's just more well clumped in the after picture.

I have before and after pictures, but there's really not much of a difference, my hair is just more clumpy in the "after" picture. What I cut off consisted of maybe 200~400 hairs. C'mon thickness! I need you! :pray:

http://i54.tinypic.com/2075bp4.jpg

mira-chan
February 18th, 2011, 07:41 PM
I got about an inch trimmed too. Not much visible difference in the ends but I can tell they are a bit thicker.

patienceneeded
February 18th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Home from my trim! The stylist did exactly what I asked, I got home and my husband asked if I had forgotten to go to the salon. It looks and feels great, but doesn't look any shorter. I think I only lost about 1/8." I'll definately be returning to that stylist!

Here is a pic from after I got home. You can compare with my siggy pic or head to my album if you want.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=7178&pictureid=96413

littlenvy
February 18th, 2011, 08:57 PM
:) Got mine an hour ago :)

I'm very happy with it! :cheese:

Its late so I will post pics tomorrow.

princess03
February 18th, 2011, 09:07 PM
im so trimming then just tiny tiny :) cant wait 2 get new sharp shiny scissors!

WickedLady
February 18th, 2011, 09:11 PM
so im curious as to what the cycle is for cutting hair can anyone help me out? If so provide me a link where i can go read up on it. I'm interested to know.

LaurelSpring
February 18th, 2011, 09:12 PM
I trimmed mine about 1/4 inch also. I had to force myself to put the scissors away. I always go nuts trying to even it up!

Here's hoping that it worked! :pray:

cubedcoley
February 19th, 2011, 01:01 AM
Got home from dinner and after a shower I showed DH how much to trim off of the back: about 1/2 inch to 3/4 with a ruler. When he was done I showed him again with the length he cut to the ruler. It was 1 and 1/2 inches. He was way more upset than me. I have layers so he was evening up the bottom with the next layer up and did not realize how much was coming off. Anyway :agape: when I looked it was a shock. But I really love the layers now. It is not such a drastic drop to the hemline which now feels think. I dusted the layers themselves and am very happy. It is just hair and tends to keep growing. He did a great job and I love him!

Avital88
February 19th, 2011, 01:09 AM
Hey everyone!
I did it too.. I trimmed for the second time this year. I so want to have a nice and thick hemline..
I took off around 0.7inch from the lenght and a full inch of my layers..That was really necesarry because those werent trimmend since May.
My hair is getting really fuller while i thought it got thinner,but just found a lenght shot of september which i need to upload one day and i have like 5inch growth since then so im actually really happy about that.
Now it will take even longer until i am at hip,but the good ends are so worth it.
I hope everyones hair will grow out thicker and faster!My next trim will be in may for my birthday, and i really hope by then i reached finally hip.

Izae
February 19th, 2011, 02:41 AM
:( Forgot to trim yesterday...
I was so tired I just completely forgot.
Ah well, I was only gonna snip off some splits anyway, I'll do it today.

dropinthebucket
February 19th, 2011, 02:50 AM
I trimmed a bit less than .5 inches! Yeah! First time using Feye's method, and it worked great. I took pictures of the back with the auto-timer on my camera so I could see where I might need to even things up, and that worked great, too.

I can definitely see a difference in the thickness/hemline. Really happy about that. As an F/i almost-wavy, I'm definitely going for thickness and encouraging wave, rather than speed of growth. We'll see! I liked the tiny trim so much, after a year without anything, I think I might dust about .25 inches about 6 months from now (wonder when the opportune astrological time will be??), and then do another .5 next Full Moon in Leo for my "anniversary cut"! I will still have gained a good 5 inches over the year, but the ends won't look so thin. Yeah, I have a trimming schedule!

Hope everyone's trims went great, and good, thick moon magic came your way! :D

aggie_deirde
February 19th, 2011, 03:20 AM
I cut about half an inch and my hair feels SO much better.It really nedded a trim.And is never bad ton encourae hair thikness,even if i have "normal" hair thikness...

Night_Kitten
February 19th, 2011, 04:50 AM
My mom volunteered to trim mine yesterday :)
I was planning on 1cm trim (~ half inch), but it turned into 1.5cm (about 3/4 of an inch). Not too bad for my first "home-made trim" though, LOL :D

morecowbell
February 19th, 2011, 09:03 AM
I trimmed off an inch, but it feels the same. I can only feel the difference in the ends if I concentrate on them. However, the trim helped the overall appearance in my opinion, even if it's just more well clumped in the after picture.

I have before and after pictures, but there's really not much of a difference, my hair is just more clumpy in the "after" picture. What I cut off consisted of maybe 200~400 hairs. C'mon thickness! I need you! :pray:
http://i54.tinypic.com/2075bp4.jpg

I can definitely tell a difference, it looks a good bit thicker and healthier after your trim! :)

littlenvy
February 19th, 2011, 12:11 PM
As promised, here is mine :)
I lost my BSL but not by much. I should regain it in no time. My ends feel fantastic so it was all worth it.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5914&pictureid=96438

Taur5684
February 20th, 2011, 03:22 PM
aaaah. I feel like such a fool - I cut my hair on the 16th! Hadn't seen this thread (T_T) Oh well - hopefully it was close enough that I'll still get the benefits from it!

PS: It was a beautiful full moon - I took a walk the other night and it was just humongous, plus the skies were really clear for the first time in months and you could really see all the stars. Perfect! :-D

WickedLady
February 22nd, 2011, 09:10 AM
Where can i find this clendar for cutting hair?

Topaz
February 22nd, 2011, 01:07 PM
I did trim my hair with the full moon in Leo. I ended up cutting about an inch off of the longest hairs going down to a micro-trim on the shortest ones. Basically, I’m back to 34 inches again, but that’s OK because after this trim it’s still approximately 1.5 or 2 inches below my waistline in the back.

My plan at this point is to let it grow uninterrupted now until the new moon in Scorpio. I have nothing to base this on, but I figure there must be extra magic during your own Zodiac sign, so maybe trimming in my own Scorpio might give a little extra boost to the new moon trim. Anybody know if trimming in your own Zodiac sign gives extra ooomph to the trims?

We’ll see if I can wait a full 9 months before I give in to the urge to trim. But as the hemline gets thicker, it’s actually getting easier to wait longer amounts of time between trims. Wish me luck!

:cheese:

Vintagecoilylocks
February 22nd, 2011, 01:24 PM
Hi,

Does any you ladies use the moon chart for washing and conditioning. A few years ago when I started my long hair journey I follwed the chart to when to wash, pre poo, and what types of products to use. I slacked off with a hectic trouble fill life and my hair suffered. All I know is I look back and my hair really thrived. I am back on it and today I am doing a natural protein 4hour masgue followed only by a warm water rinse and acv. Tommarrow I will do a all night honey oil condition because Thursday when Aquarius is rulling I will pre cw wash with a strawberry yogurt all day pac. ;)

Just wondering if any one else is as out there as I am. I am glad to be back on my hair journey.

Cleopatra18
February 22nd, 2011, 01:40 PM
Hi,

Does any you ladies use the moon chart for washing and conditioning. A few years ago when I started my long hair journey I follwed the chart to when to wash, pre poo, and what types of products to use. I slacked off with a hectic trouble fill life and my hair suffered. All I know is I look back and my hair really thrived. I am back on it and today I am doing a natural protein 4hour masgue followed only by a warm water rinse and acv. Tommarrow I will do a all night honey oil condition because Thursday when Aquarius is rulling I will pre cw wash with a strawberry yogurt all day pac. ;)

Just wondering if any one else is as out there as I am. I am glad to be back on my hair journey.
Do you have a link for moon chart washing/conditioning? I never heard of that.

WickedLady
February 22nd, 2011, 05:11 PM
I did some research on the internet about moon phases and cutting/trimming your hair, and wanted to see what you guys thought. Is this correct?

Trim ends during the New Moon or during the First Phase of the Moon when the light of the moon is increasing.
The best astrological signs for faster, longer and healthier (http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip001.htm#) hair is the New Moon in Taurus, Cancer, Scorpio, Capricorn or Pisces.
When possible start a hair growth program with the New Moon in one of the most beneficial signs. Start by trimming a tiny bit of hair from your ends during the New Moon or First Phase of the Waxing (increasing) Moon.
These dates are also helpful if you are starting a specific hair growth program and want faster results. This would include starting a hair vitamin program (HairTopia Hair Vitamin Facts (http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip1012.htm)) or a new hair healthy diet, exercise, scalp or other haircare (http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip001.htm#) program designed to get your hair stronger and longer as quickly as possible.
Trim or cut your hair during the New Moon Phase
To Grow Your Hair Thicker & Fuller

Trim ends during the Full Moon especially when the Full Moon is in Taurus, Cancer, Scorpio, Capricorn or Pisces. The Full Moon in Leo is especially beneficial since Leo is the sign of the Lion which is born with a full lush mane.
Trim or cut your hair during the Full Moon Phase

Lianna
February 22nd, 2011, 06:43 PM
Does any you ladies use the moon chart for washing and conditioning.

I don't use it for washing, since I wash everyday. Sometimes a deep treatment is good in the drier signs. I use the chart for color and cut only and do notice a difference. This link has detail on each signs, and recommendations for hair treatments/cut accordingly.

http://www.longhairlovers.com/moon_maintenance.html

Schmoomunitions
February 22nd, 2011, 07:48 PM
Actually the Morocco Method says trim the next 3 days for thickening.

Vintagecoilylocks
February 22nd, 2011, 08:22 PM
Do you have a link for moon chart washing/conditioning? I never heard of that.

Well long ago and far far away I had a website but when my hard drive crashed so went all my favorites. I am still searching. I might have even gotten it from my hay making book. But the idea is that each sign of the zodiac has a relatonship with the four elements. Now I may not be saying this exactly right but with each day and zodiac the level of moiture is indicated for example Aquarius is connected to the element Air. The level is determined to be barren. A very dry time. Leo is Fire level is dry. Were as Scorpio is a water sign very moist. Capricornis earth and indicates a very productive time.

Now that I think about it may have been info connected to hay production and cutting. So I, who is a bit of a earthy type decided this could also help me decide when is a good time to deep condition, with either protein or high moisture base. when to do a hot oil and when to simply lightly oil and spray. I would also use it to decide whether to water was or condition wash. I was able to detrmine what recipes needed and when i would use them.

I noticed a greater amount of consistency in my hair moisture wise. No more dry days no matter what and my homemade products were taylored to get the best results for the given zodiac earth element.

I thought I got the idea from someone on this website. I have been away from here for a long while. But maybe it was the farmers almanac after all. I concluded that if the moon chart can determine the best time to cut ones hair and it does tell farmers the best time to cut hay at the best moisture level desired then why not when to nourish my hair.

Well I'll just quietly admire all the lovely hair here because I only have the notes in my little long hair journal.:o

WickedLady
February 25th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Actually the Morocco Method says trim the next 3 days for thickening.

So you used Morracco Method? I'm using WEN Lavendar and finding that out of all the products i have tried for my regimin this is the only one that does wonders for my hair and my hair doesnt crinkle, it is nice and soft and the one im using doesnt weigh down my hair. the lavendar part is relaxing. it might be expensive but is good for my high maintanance head apparently LMAO:p

StormVixen
February 7th, 2012, 04:54 AM
Bumpity Bump...

Anyone else trimming today? I'm just taking off a little and trying to even out my ends, using Feye's V Method :D

Helenae
February 7th, 2012, 05:33 AM
I cut yesterday (full moon in Leo) and I'm a Leo too!

StormVixen
February 7th, 2012, 06:19 AM
I think, according to lunarium (http://www.lunarium.co.uk/calendar/universal.jsp), the moon is in Leo until 16:42GMT tomorrow 8th Feb.

StormVixen
February 7th, 2012, 07:00 AM
WOAH! I just cut quite a lot more off than I intended too! on the up-side I think I'm finally free of a weird cut I got a couple of years ago :D

patienceneeded
February 7th, 2012, 09:24 AM
If I trim today (2/7) is it the full moon in Leo? Should I wait until tomorrow? (2/8)

StormVixen
February 7th, 2012, 09:31 AM
I think, according to lunarium (http://www.lunarium.co.uk/calendar/universal.jsp), the moon is in Leo until 16:42GMT tomorrow 8th Feb.

you can change your location using the black bar. :)

Before 21:53 (here anyway) the moon is Full but Waxing (getting bigger) at exactly 21:53 it will be FULL after that it will be Full but Waning (getting smaller)...

personally I'd cut before it starts to wane... :D

janeytilllie
February 7th, 2012, 09:47 AM
I've already trimmed my ends.
However my bangs needed trimming so I decided I might as well trim my bangs in the full moon leo. Hopefully full moon in leo will benifit my hair's thickness :)

patienceneeded
February 7th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Looked it up on Lunarium, for my time zone/city it's the full moon in Leo from today Feb 7 at 1:53pm until Feb 8 at 9:32pm. I may dust my ends tonight, I don't need a full-on trim.

tokidokichi
February 7th, 2012, 06:18 PM
I cut my hair yesterday, does that count? I kind of just stumbled on this as a coincidence. I wouldn't mind gaining some length, though :P

battles
February 7th, 2012, 06:48 PM
I just trimmed my bangs and my face framing layers. I'm trying to grow that all out, so this is sort of an experiment. :p I'm also way too afraid to try to trim the rest of my hair.

curlymarcia
January 7th, 2013, 07:35 PM
It will be full moon in Leo the 26 of January (at least where I live). I trimmed my hair the last full moon in Leo, lately I cut it in full moon but not always in Leo, and I have to say that I feel happy with the result. Maybe it's only my imagination but I feel my hair fuller, specially my ends.