PDA

View Full Version : I wash my hair every day

Suze334
May 22nd, 2010, 06:07 PM
Can that really be that bad? I mega condition it and use very little no sulfate shampoo only on my scalp. My fine hair just looks so much better freshly washed. Anybody else?

jane53
May 22nd, 2010, 06:11 PM
I have a freakin' yard of hair. If I washed it every day, it would ALWAYS be wet. ALWAYS. As it is, I wash it every other day, most of the time (every 3 days when I get lax), so it's only wet 50% of the time.

BUT...if it were shorter, I can easily see washing it every day.

Good hair treatments more frequently? What can it hurt? My hair feels in better condition after I wash it.

fairytalegirl
May 22nd, 2010, 06:14 PM
My hair would be a dried out, frizzy mess if I washed it everyday. I try to go as long as I can; usually 3 days.

breezefaerie
May 22nd, 2010, 06:14 PM
I CO or CWC wash daily. Works for me :)

half*pass
May 22nd, 2010, 06:18 PM
I guess everyone's hair care routine is different as everyone has different hair :) If washing your hair every day works for you and your hair seems happy with that routine, then keep doing it I guess!

When I had short hair (~3inches) I had to wash it every day because it would get too oily otherwise. Styling it every day was a pain in the proverbial though :p

Now my hair is longer I wash it maybe 2-3 times a week.

HeatherMae
May 22nd, 2010, 06:23 PM
I'm with you. Only, the reason why I wash everyday is because I sweat a lot and I just feel icky if I don't wash my hair. I have *almost* waist length hair that is very thick. If I wash it before bed, it is usually dry by noon the next day. Though I am a stay at home mom, so this isn't really a problem for me. I shampoo and then condition and then put a leave in conditioner on the ends. I've been doing this for a few months now and it seems to be working well so far.

mizk5110
May 22nd, 2010, 07:21 PM
My hair gets really gunky and frizzy the second day, so I have to wash every day.

GRU
May 22nd, 2010, 07:25 PM
I CO wash every day, but I haven't used shampoo since October 2009.

If it works for your hair, go for it! Everyone's situation is different...

Tapioca
May 22nd, 2010, 09:20 PM
I have dermatitis on my scalp (and upper arms for some odd reason), so I wash every day with a medicated shampoo. It's taken quite a few years, but I'm at tailbone on a very tall frame (really should measure it sometime).

Juneii
May 22nd, 2010, 09:47 PM
if it works for you, I don't see why you shouldn't. I used to wash every day until I got to waist and now I switch to once every two days. I like the feeling of my hair after a wash.

Kaijah
May 22nd, 2010, 09:58 PM
I still wash everyday, too. CWC usually, occasionally CO. I tried skipping washes for a while, but it made my scalp freak out and my ends get dry (drier, really) if they don't get conditioned frequently.

I seem to remember there being a similar thread a few months ago, and lots of different people posted about their daily washing routines. Long, short, fine, course; all types, so I just say if it works for you, it works. There's no single formula for what's right with hair!

cardamom
May 22nd, 2010, 10:07 PM
I too,because I love my hair more when it is freshly washed.:).On most days it is a CO,and at least twice a week it is S and C followed by a moisture treatment or just a CWC.:)

boomtownrat
May 22nd, 2010, 10:18 PM
My hair is chin-length at the moment and my scalp is a lot calmer if I wash it daily. On day two it itches like crazy and starts to flake. Most of my life until last month, I used to wash it only every other day or every third day, because I thought my hair itself would look better. It looks fine if I wash it daily as long as I use enough/the right conditioner. I did CO for about three and a half months, about three times a week, but my hair needed a change again. I'll probably try CO again but I might still do it daily. My hair seems to be as prone to whims and boredom as I am. ;)

Cholera
May 22nd, 2010, 10:24 PM
I switch between washing every day, washing every other day, and on occasion washing the third day out. It all depends on where I'm going that day, or the next day, or whatever. I don't think it's doing any damage to my hair, and if it is, I think I rectify it by doing tons of DTs. I love doing deep treatments. I have avocado on my head right now, in fact!

pennylane
May 22nd, 2010, 11:34 PM
Since we are all different when it comes to hair, I say do what works for you, if your hair and you are happy, then do it.

For me, twice a week is plenty, on rare occasions i even wash only once a week, but then my hair is on the dry side.

Honey39
May 23rd, 2010, 03:16 AM
I CO wash every day, and I love it!!! Do what works for you, there's no right or wrong.

Jessica Trapp
May 23rd, 2010, 04:44 AM
I washed my hair everyday when it was shorter. It is too drying on my ends now, but there is no right or wrong. Whatever works best for you.

:flower: jes

FrannyG
May 23rd, 2010, 05:29 AM
Do what you need to do to be happy with your hair. As long as you're using gentle products, you should be okay.

The most important thing is enjoying your hair through the growth journey. :blossom:

alwayssmiling
May 23rd, 2010, 06:38 AM
I wash my hair everday. I have really tried to reduce how much I wash it, but I just love water over my head when i shower, and my hair just looks nicer when its freshly washed. I do however, CO wash every other day and try not to blow dry every time.

hendrix.co
May 23rd, 2010, 07:01 AM
I wash my hair when it needs it. Sometime that's everyday sometimes I can skip two days. Generally I give it what it wants. I have washed everyday and I had no damage after joining LHC I've come to the realization that I don't NEED to wash everyday.

09robiha
May 23rd, 2010, 07:14 AM
I dont 'wash' my hair everyday - in the conventional sense anyways but I do CO nearly every day, now that its hot I like to do it everyday especially. No matter if I wash or not I do wet my hair down and apply conditioner to the length everyday.

Ash
May 23rd, 2010, 07:31 PM
I wash mine every day. That usually is a CO with a CWC once or twice a week. If I did not do this I would have zits on my scalp and very dry hair that would probably break off at the ends.

Capybara
May 23rd, 2010, 08:24 PM
If it works for you, there's nothing wrong with it. I wash my hair every 3-5 days, depending on the weather, my schedule, etc. I have very dry hair that's happiest when it's not washed too frequently. :)

woodlandnymph
May 23rd, 2010, 09:46 PM
CWC daily is my routine, and with having thin, fine hair it air dries in less than an hour. If I go a day or two without washing my hair, my ends feel dry and my scalp gets itchy.

Like some people can't function without their cup of coffee in the morning, I can't function until my hair's clean for the day. :p

ErinM
May 23rd, 2010, 09:56 PM
I usually wash every-other day, because I end up feeling kind of oily and sweaty and... ick! I CWC, so my ends usually behave!

Shermie Girl
May 23rd, 2010, 09:59 PM
Can that really be that bad? I mega condition it and use very little no sulfate shampoo only on my scalp. My fine hair just looks so much better freshly washed. Anybody else?

I wash my hair every day to every other day. I simply can't stretch washings out past that. I tried. Failed. Oh well. :lol: My hair is soft and shiny and very happy. More frequent washing doesn't seem to bother it in the least. And I use sulphates. ;) :D

Tovah
May 23rd, 2010, 10:06 PM
I wash every day and use loads of conditioner. Once in a while I skip a day, but I just don't feel clean. My hair is very very fine and if I don't wash it just looks limp and dull.

Yes, I do very often end up going to work with damp hair, but because it's so fine and not very thick, it dries pretty quickly.

Jeni
May 23rd, 2010, 11:41 PM
I CWC daily (with SLS and Cones!!!) and my hair doesn't seem any worse for wear outside of the chemical dye I'm growing out and even then the ends are surprisingly good.

I tried to extend my washes for the simple fact that I go camping and it would be lovely if I could look decent without washing my hair everyday. Unfortunately my hair never adjusted. My roots were always oily, my scalped itches so freaking bad and my ends felt dry.

My hair and scalp just like to be clean apparently. I agree with the other people here if your hair and scalp are happy then by all means go forth a wash daily!

christine1989
May 23rd, 2010, 11:44 PM
I co wash most days but shampoo about 1-2 times a week. My hair becomes a big ball of frizz when I shampoo and I have to add a ton of coconut oil to counteract it.

Danelliia
May 23rd, 2010, 11:52 PM
If it works, it works! Personally, I never wash my hair more than every other day unless I work out or sweat a lot more then normal. I try to go as long as I can without washing.