PDA

View Full Version : Waaaaaah, I had to trim from BSL to APL...

masa_inn
May 22nd, 2010, 02:20 PM
I had some very unfortunate layers cut in last December; the longest layer become really ruggedy-looking. I had a lot of splits and thinned out ends. Long story short (no pun intended), I went for a trim. My new stylist turns out to be really understanding when it comes to long hair; she did her best to give me a very concervative trim; but I had too much damage.

I'm...upset. Which is, probably, ridiculous if I look at a big picture... But I miss my pencil bun and lazy wrap: for about 2 months I'll only be able to di "tails up" and braid. Booo.

jackiesjottings
May 22nd, 2010, 02:28 PM
Oh no :(( Good vibes for fast growing.

Hana
May 22nd, 2010, 02:43 PM
*sends you happy growing rays*

I'm desperately awaiting my layers to grow out. Taking time but it's totally testing my patience! hah! :D

Coffeebug
May 23rd, 2010, 01:02 PM
Oh that sucks, I'm sorry to hear that :-( Fingers crossed your hair has a bit of a growth spurt over the summer!

FrannyG
May 23rd, 2010, 01:06 PM
I understand how distressing it is, as I've been there a few times, but do try to remember the big picture that you yourself mentioned.

For now, do try to enjoy your thick healthy ends and know that next time you hit BSL your hair will look better than ever, with the hair care knowledge that you have know. :blossom:

spidermom
May 23rd, 2010, 01:08 PM
I had to do the exact same thing 2005 because of flat-iron damage, and it was totally worth it. Enjoy those undamaged ends, and happy hair growing.

luckyduck
May 23rd, 2010, 01:56 PM
Hang in there! It will grow, and look thicker too!

MissManda
May 23rd, 2010, 02:06 PM
I am preparing for a trim to get rid of layers and damage, so I understand how horrible it must feel. Just remember that when you get back to the length you were at before, your hair will look so much more lovely than before.

I hope your hair grows back quickly!

CrystalStar
May 23rd, 2010, 04:02 PM
Awww, for every set back there's always a plus side :) When you're at BSL it'll feel even more special because how thick and healthy your hair will be!

Capybara
May 23rd, 2010, 05:06 PM
Awh, I hope our hair grows super fast!! ((hugs))
Just think, when you get back to BSL, you'll have awesome ends :D

Brenda714
May 23rd, 2010, 08:19 PM
I too had to cut some because of breakage, but I also have a lot of shedding, so I hope that I don't get really thin ends, it's kinda scary. I hope your hair grows extra fast!

hanne jensen
May 23rd, 2010, 11:36 PM
I just had to have a major trim too. I'm consoling myself that my ends are a lot healthier now, my hemline is much thicker and my layers are gone. My hair is breaking a lot less. Now we can start some serious growing!

Before you know it, you'll be back at BSL on onward to new lengths!

Night_Kitten
May 23rd, 2010, 11:45 PM
:grouphug:
Even though it's hard to do, look on the good side of it - now you have less layers, thicker hemline, and much healthier hair with much less splits, and it will look absolutely wonderful as it grows longer!

half*pass
May 23rd, 2010, 11:50 PM
I hope your hair grows back fast, make sure you take good care of it now!! :D

I am off to the hairdressers tomorrow to get a cut/colour, I'm around BSL at the moment and I know I have a LOT of self inflicted damage, I am not looking forward to how short my hair is likely to end up tomorrow afternoon :(

Loreley
May 24th, 2010, 01:57 AM
I hope you'll be back at BSL soon! :grouphug:
At least your ends are healthier and thicker now! :)

emmabovary
May 24th, 2010, 03:06 AM
It will grow back and end up looking nicer and healthier, so don't worry :) I know it sucks not being able to do many styles, though. How about French twists and cinnabuns, can you manage them at your current length? Otherwise I guess it's just trying to keep the braids varied... I'm in the same boat :(

Bethie
May 24th, 2010, 05:53 AM
I hope that your hair grows back very fast, until then tho you have healthier hair, a thicker hemline and fewer layers to contend with.