PDA

View Full Version : I want to henna, but how safe is it when you're preggo?

FreakyGreenEyes
May 21st, 2010, 02:44 PM
I think the title of this thread says it all. So, any answers or ideas? My aunt, a hairdresser, recommended a semi-permanent, but I'd rather do a natural treatment instead.

CaliforniaAnne
May 21st, 2010, 04:55 PM
I believe that it's completely safe. It's natural and you are not ingesting it. If you want to dye your hair right now, then it's far safer than using a chemical dye. Go for it! :)

Nocturnal
May 21st, 2010, 08:54 PM
Congratulations! :flowers:

Henna is safe as long as it's a pure henna, not mixed with dyes.

GRU
May 21st, 2010, 09:15 PM
I'd do henna a hundred times while preggo before I'd use any chemical hair dye!

And congrats!!!

Shermie Girl
May 21st, 2010, 09:21 PM
Congratulations on your baby to be! :flowers:

Henna is perfectly safe for pregnant mothers to be. Many women not only do their hair with henna while pregnant but henna their bump, as well. :bluebiggr

LunarAurora
May 22nd, 2010, 07:17 AM
Congratulations :)

Henna is 100% safe, as long as you dont' add essential oils in it (EO are not recommended when you are pregnant, but I think you already know it)
I'm always stunned when I read that some people think chemical dyes are safer than natural ones... Henna has a lot of ennemies and I can't understand why :?:

sibiryachka
May 22nd, 2010, 07:11 PM
Congratulations on your baby to be! :flowers:

Henna is perfectly safe for pregnant mothers to be. Many women not only do their hair with henna while pregnant but henna their bump, as well. :bluebiggr

When my sister was pregnant, two other friends were expecting at the same time, so we threw a henna party for all three of them to get their bellies done. The henna artist was just beside herself over getting to do three in one day - she said it's considered a great privilege to decorate a pregnant belly!

fairytalegirl
May 22nd, 2010, 07:19 PM
I think if people put it on their skin it is definately safe for your hair when pregnant.

FreakyGreenEyes
May 23rd, 2010, 06:28 PM
Henna is perfectly safe for pregnant mothers to be. Many women not only do their hair with henna while pregnant but henna their bump, as well.

Ooooh! I'm totally gonna henna my bump! Alright, I'm going to go for the henna. I've gotta head into the 'big' city' this week anyway. So exciting!