PDA

View Full Version : Bad-hair-day solutions!

Pixna
May 21st, 2010, 08:06 AM
What do you do on those days when your hair is uncooperative and won't do what you want it to? Do you have a particular style or updo you turn to, or maybe a special hair toy? What is your solution when the hair gods and goddesses are raining on your parade?

AJoifulNoise
May 21st, 2010, 08:09 AM
I twist it up however I can, use 3 mini clips to keep it there, then cover in with a bandanna.

halo_tightens
May 21st, 2010, 08:52 AM
I either roll it up and fasten with my one and only Ficcare, or make a cinnamon bun and hide it with a bun cage/cover.

gossamer
May 21st, 2010, 09:05 AM
I'm wearing it up in a snood today because I missed washing it last night like I was supposed to. Ugh, it is gross, and the snood does a pretty good job of hiding how oily the scalp looks from not having washed since Monday, and how oily the ends are from all the coconut oil I put on them.

Fairlight63
May 21st, 2010, 09:14 AM
Put it in a messy bun & put mini clips around it.

zenobia
May 21st, 2010, 09:16 AM
I smooth it out with a comb and put it in a bun. I leave my bangs down for a little visual interest.

KittyLost
May 21st, 2010, 09:21 AM
A big messy bun! Or just double a ponytail over if possible.

Anje
May 21st, 2010, 09:26 AM
Oil up the length and braid the sucker.

Usually my problem is that I can't get buns to look right or that the hair on my scalp keeps trying to stick up in weird ways. In those cases, it's often easier to just let the hair go in a downward direction. (ETA: Furthermore, what I consider a "bad hair day" is often a bad scalp day, when everything seems to pull. Those are the days braids are best.)

ohiofritty
May 21st, 2010, 09:26 AM
If its really bad, I'll cover it with a Buff. If its just meh, I'll twist it up and clip it!

rags
May 21st, 2010, 09:57 AM
If it's really really horrible, then a buff or a snood. If it's just being uncooperative, then a cinnamon bun with a Ficcare, or a lazy wrap with a three prong fork. Either the Ficcare or my 60th street 3 prong forks will usually hold almost anything for me.

Purdy Bear
May 21st, 2010, 10:15 AM
I dont have bad hair days, but I would suggest scarves, hats and wigs to overcome the problem.

LaurelSpring
May 21st, 2010, 10:51 AM
French Braid with the braid bunned.

HotRag
May 21st, 2010, 11:02 AM
Oil up the length and braid the sucker
^_^ Same here. I think I will start banded pony instead, I think it can be more gentle to the hair. The bumps on my braid rub against the clothes.

Rennire
May 21st, 2010, 11:07 AM
I usually do twin braids with a cute hat when my hair isn't working.

JenniferNoel
May 21st, 2010, 11:35 AM
A head scarf, of course!
I have this beautiful silky blue one with black tie-dye-like designs on it. It looks great with everything.

LawyerGirl
May 21st, 2010, 11:42 AM
Ponytail and a baseball cap! :p

sugarpixie10988
May 21st, 2010, 11:46 AM
I usually do double braids and clip my bangs on top of my head.

MissCoco
May 21st, 2010, 01:20 PM

restourceful
May 21st, 2010, 01:38 PM
Smooth out the scalp area with my BBB, then cinnabun or gibraltar bun held by a stick I like. It's really tight-bunned-mean-old-ladyish but at least it's up. :cheese:

serious
May 21st, 2010, 01:45 PM
I have one claw clip only, mid size, black and use it on bad hair days to hold a messy bun. That's all I can do when my hair don't cooperate!

Aleria
May 21st, 2010, 02:04 PM
Ponytail, or double braids and a hat.

aksown
May 21st, 2010, 02:58 PM
French braid or a loose bun variation held with a stick are my go-to styles when my hair just won't cooperate.

Kristin
May 21st, 2010, 03:18 PM
Braid it. When I'm having a "good" hair day, my hair is usually up and down throughout the day as I sometimes like to feel the length when I'm sitting still. If I braid it on a "bad" hair day, I won't take it down and try to mess with it simply because I hate braid waves, LOL.:rolleyes:

Firegarnet
May 21st, 2010, 03:23 PM
I'm with gossamer and rags. Up in a snood.

Sadly I don't do that much any more during the week because people who see me think it's a religious thing and since I work in a church (but don't belong to it) I don't want to give off the incorrect impression that covering is mandatory in the church to visitors. They don't ask about it, they just tend to give it a concerned glance so I stopped.:(

But I miss them.

Pumpkin
May 21st, 2010, 03:25 PM
Throw it up in a bun...

Finoriel
May 21st, 2010, 03:34 PM
I hide behind the :couch: ...
or a paper-bag over my head.

:silly: Hey I thought thatīs more entertaining than to say that my last resort is to throw my hair into an inside out bun :yawn:
:wink:

joyellen
May 21st, 2010, 03:36 PM
I just put it in a messy bun and clip my bangs back with a bobby pin.

Anywhere
May 21st, 2010, 03:39 PM
Either a french or dutch braid with my bangs pinned back, since bad hair days usually involve unruly bangs for me.

FrannyG
May 21st, 2010, 03:39 PM
I do a single braid, flip it up, hide the tassel under the braid and clip it. And I mist my bangs with distilled water and comb them into shape.

MrsGuther
May 21st, 2010, 03:53 PM
I have BSL wavy, blonde hair that has a mind of its own. I like to call it the "Blonde Afro"! I still have yet to figure out what to do on my bad hair days... It seems like most of my days are "bad hair days" lately. It's very discouraging and makes me feel very bad about my hair. I just wish it would hurry up and get to waist length already!!! I hope I figure out how to braid in several different styles. I usually just do two braids (pigtail braids) when my hair is being super aggravating. I wish I could french braid my hair really well, and I also wish I knew how to do herringbone braids.

emmabovary
May 21st, 2010, 04:03 PM
A French braid can solve any problem!!! :silly:

Fiferstone
May 21st, 2010, 05:01 PM
An english braid hides a multitude of sins for me, including hair that's not quite as fresh as it should be. It's also my default solution if I absolutely, positively must leave the house with sopping wet hair.

paperwhite
May 21st, 2010, 05:43 PM
I go with a big, loose cinnabun, wash my bangs, and call it a day.

CaliforniaAnne
May 21st, 2010, 05:50 PM
I usually wear my hair down, so if I feel like it's having a limp-lookin' day, then I generally go for Heidi braids--my favorite! :)

abbatabba1137
May 21st, 2010, 06:05 PM
I normally put my hair into 6-10 braids then cover it with a bandana...

dreamsofthewind
May 21st, 2010, 06:49 PM
I usually french braid my frontal section (I used to have bangs, so it doesnt blend with the rest of my hair) and part the rest in half horizontally and put each half into a bun, one on top of the other.

trillcat
May 21st, 2010, 07:17 PM
A baseball cap and then I just English braid the rest. I am so lazy.
Throw on some sunglasses so I don't have to put make up on and I call it my "avoiding the paparazzi" look.
So very lazy.

AlleyKitten
May 21st, 2010, 07:24 PM
A bun and scarf if it looks horrible. I usually wind up going for a rope braid if it's just misbehaving.