PDA

View Full Version : To all you avid braiders...

YesitsReal
May 20th, 2010, 06:37 PM
...I have a problem braiding across my head (like for a headband). I always, no matter what I do, end up with the braid way too close to the hairline. Is this something that will work itself out with practice, or is there something I should do to move my braid backward? I think it looks a tad odd right up against my forehead like that.

In general, braiding horizontally gives me trouble. Headbands, crown braids, you name it--I have the worst time with them. Anybody else have these problems?

Angeletti
May 20th, 2010, 06:51 PM
I had to practice a little bit to get the hang of it, but I've found little tricks that help, for example if I'm doing a lace braid across the top I will part my hair from ear to ear and pull all the hair that is behind the part into a ponytail to get it out of the way, then when I braid the remaining hair in the front the part will act as a kind of "path" for where I should braid. also maybe checking out some braiding videos might show you how other people do it and you could try different ways.

spidermom
May 20th, 2010, 06:57 PM
I do it like Angeletti, sounds like. Are you only picking up hair to add from one side (the forehead side)? That helps.

yellowchariot
May 20th, 2010, 06:58 PM
YesitsReal, I would like to offer help and advice, however I haven't even attempted a crown braid before :).

Angeletti's idea sounds great!