PDA

View Full Version : Hair Question for a Friend

Topaz
May 19th, 2010, 12:35 PM
I'm hoping some one of you out there on the boards can help my best friend with a hair problem she's had for awhile now. Background, she is 52 years old, has very short permed hair and lives in Cheyenne, Wyoming (in case the weather and altitude makes a difference. It involves one patch of hair in an otherwise healthy head of hair and scalp. To quote her:

"My bad hair texture is oily sticky, just as if you left soap in it without rinsing it out. It doesn't matter what shampoo I use or if I use or don't use conditioner. My guess is something to do with Menopause, but that's just a guess."

As I said, it's just one patch of hair about an inch and a half or two inches around, and all the hair growing from that spot is as she describes. The scalp skin underneath has a normal texture, but the area is completely flat (as opposed to a more rounded surface like the rest of her scalp, a completely flat circle of scalp) from which grows this stubbornly oily, sticky hair. :confused:

I'm completely stumped. Anybody out there have any ideas? Oh, and thank you in advance for your help

sherigayle
May 19th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Is it possible that she can't reach that spot well when she's washing/rinsing her hair?

Topaz
May 19th, 2010, 01:07 PM
No, I'm afraid that isn't it. I wish the problem were that easily solved!

farewell_nancy
May 19th, 2010, 02:08 PM
It sounds like some sort of health issue. I suspect she'll need to see a dermatologist to figure it out.

UltraBella
May 19th, 2010, 02:16 PM
It sounds like it could be some sort of localized scalp dermatitis, I would see a physician.