PDA

View Full Version : I don't know how to make my picture small enough

Unregistered
March 10th, 2008, 09:43 PM
I opened it in paint, then I went to image>>Stretch/Skew and I keep making it smaller but its still a lot bigger than 9.8 kb and I feel like if I make it any smaller no one will be able to see my hair. Is there are better way to do this?

NightingaleLHC
March 10th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Wait that was me, somehow the site signed me out!

Flaxen
March 10th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Do you also have it Photobucket or another host? Post it here with the IMG tags, and I'll see what I can do about the size.

Shermie Girl
March 11th, 2008, 09:58 AM
I opened it in paint, then I went to image>>Stretch/Skew and I keep making it smaller but its still a lot bigger than 9.8 kb and I feel like if I make it any smaller no one will be able to see my hair. Is there are better way to do this?

I use paint, too. I click resize/skew and reduce the photo to 50% each time until it is down to the size I need it to be. :D

Nightshade
March 11th, 2008, 02:41 PM
If you have access to Photoshop, rather than saving it as a normal JPG, go to FIle>Save for Web. This helps make the file size smaller with less visible compression and tearing :)

You can just select JPG from there and then the quality that gets you under the file size requirements.