PDA

View Full Version : 1 year later - Difference in Hemline - Pics

oceanwoman111
May 19th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Hello. I found a picture yesterday of my hair from a year ago and I was shocked. I thought it might be helpful for others who are growing out layers. I got a very severe layered razor cut in my hair about two years ago.:doh:I've been trying to get rid of the layers ever since. I was trimming a lot before I joined. No wonder I felt like I was at the same length forever. I was. Well, at least part of my hair was.

I can't believe the difference in the hemline. The length is similar, but the width has really increased. I guess this past year, I've been growing for width, not length.:lol:
Finally, I'm at the point where I can just go for length. :happydance:

Thanks LHC!!

May - 2009
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=5535&pictureid=72423

May - 2010
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=5535&pictureid=72424
Sorry, it's a little wild.

Tangerine
May 19th, 2010, 10:31 AM
You have beautiful hair - in both pictures! But the recent one really is stunning.

cardamom
May 19th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Amazing growth!:cheese:

Merkaba
May 19th, 2010, 10:34 AM
The 2009 pic was still impressive, but this year's pic is just jaw dropping! Thanks for being a friend, and I love your thick dark hair :)

Siava
May 19th, 2010, 10:38 AM
WOAH! Gorgeous!

spidermom
May 19th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Oh wow; your hair looks gorgeous!

oceanwoman111
May 19th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Thank you so much!! :hifive:I couldn't do it without all the support of my friends here at LHC. I just love the before and after pics that members post, they are so inspiring, so when I found this one I thought it was interesting.

1nuitblanche
May 19th, 2010, 10:54 AM
You have gorgeous hair!! It started out nice and got even better!

DarkChocolate
May 19th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Amazing growth:) Your hair really became so much fuller as it go longer:) I feel the same is happening with me so you are quite the inspiration:)

GoddesJourney
May 19th, 2010, 11:21 AM
I'm going to have to disagree with you. Although you have definately grown out a lot of fullness, I'm also seeing some increase in length. Perhaps it's just the difference in angle or something in the picture or picture size, but it looks like you've gained a few inches as well as fullness. I love your color, by the way.

Jessica Trapp
May 19th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Beautiful!

Night_Kitten
May 19th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Your hair looks great in both pictures :)
Maybe it's just an optic illusion of the added thickness at the hemline, but on the second one your hair looks longer than on the first

cindy58
May 19th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Beautiful hair!

Medievalmaniac
May 19th, 2010, 11:43 AM
It's definitely looking thicker and fuller at the hemline! Great job growing out layers - it's a hard thing to do well!! :)

Sunny_side_up
May 19th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Your hair looks stunning! That is fab growth there too:cheese:Beautiful shiny hair:thumbsup:

Gumball
May 19th, 2010, 12:49 PM
That's some beautiful progress you've made! You have great hair. Here's to your length journey!

Loreley
May 19th, 2010, 12:50 PM
What a difference! Your hair is beautiful! :pegasus:

Pixna
May 19th, 2010, 12:54 PM
I see an increase in thickness AND length -- just beautiful!!! Good job, my friend, good job!!! :toast:

FrannyG
May 19th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Wow! What an incredible difference. Your patience has really paid off. And your hair does look longer in the second photo as well. Beautiful. :blossom:

frizzalot
May 19th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Your hair looks absolutely gorgeous! I think it looks longer now aswell.

breezefaerie
May 19th, 2010, 01:48 PM
What beautiful hair you have! Thanks for posting some inspiration :)

melikai
May 19th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Holy cow - it doesn't even look like the same head of hair! Great progress! I agree with GoddesJourney too, you've gained some length as well as width! :hifive:

serious
May 19th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Wow, your hair is beautiful!

kelly-j
May 20th, 2010, 02:05 AM
I think your hair was really pretty in the first picture but in the second it was: :bowtome:

cardamom
May 20th, 2010, 02:25 AM
You are really motivating!

I have layers which i made myself with rough handling,ripping, being impatient on my tangles,wearing hair loose in bed etc.Like you did,I am going to grow out the layers before I concentrate on my length.

My ponytail circumference is 4.1 inches,but near the tip it is holdable between two fingers.When I make an up do,I have at least 1/6th of my hair not reaching the hair toy/scrunchy and hanging down.Hope to have some extra thickness down to the hemline by 2011.:magic:

I've got tons of inspiration from you always.Happy growing dear ocean woman!:)

Ranee
May 20th, 2010, 03:01 AM
Your hair looks soooo much thicker! Great progress in only one year!

ilovelonghair
May 20th, 2010, 03:49 AM
Such a difference, beautiful! (and I'm a bit jealous now!)

oceanwoman111
May 20th, 2010, 11:09 AM
You are really motivating!

I've got tons of inspiration from you always.Happy growing dear ocean woman!:)

Awww, you're so sweet!:flower: I'm so happy that these pics gave you some inspiration. That's what I'm here for dear friend. If someone would have told me last year that I could get my hemline to this point, I wouldn't have believed them. You're on your way darling! :cheer:

Luckysock
May 20th, 2010, 11:10 AM
Beautiful progress! I agree it is like twice as thick - good for you!!!

ItalianFlower
May 20th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Your dark, thick hair just became a hairspriation. :D

oceanwoman111
May 20th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Holy cow - it doesn't even look like the same head of hair! Great progress! I agree with GoddesJourney too, you've gained some length as well as width! :hifive:

Thank you so much!! You're hair is quite stunning!:) I love your siggy too. So true. :agree:

oceanwoman111
May 20th, 2010, 11:24 AM
I'm going to have to disagree with you. Although you have definately grown out a lot of fullness, I'm also seeing some increase in length. Perhaps it's just the difference in angle or something in the picture or picture size, but it looks like you've gained a few inches as well as fullness. I love your color, by the way.

Yay!! :happydance: Thanks. I think you are right!!

oceanwoman111
May 20th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Your dark, thick hair just became a hairspriation. :D

:lol: I can't thank everyone enough for all of the wonderful feedback. It is very encouraging. I adore my LHC family. :grouphug: