PDA

View Full Version : New video: Lazy French Twist by KarenLynn.

Hypnotica
May 19th, 2010, 09:30 AM
I had nothing really to do today so I made this tribute instructional video for the Lazy French Twist made by KarenLynn as I love the style myself and I want to share it. There is an article and video in the Articles section if you want to oogle the origninal :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6cjaX_rUuE

Enjoy, my friends!

Purdy Bear
May 19th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Loved the Video and the music, yet another one to try when I get the right length hair. Thanks:cheese:

Tangerine
May 19th, 2010, 10:06 AM
That is basically how I tend to do my twists, only yours looks a lot more polished :D

Ylliria
May 19th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Awesome video!
Isn't it a beautiful 'Bijoux Manoël' comb that I can see in your twist?

time_on_fire
May 19th, 2010, 10:48 AM
I did it! Thank you so much - this is the first french twist that has worked for me.

THANK YOU!!

However, every time I wear a french twist, I look a little like the bride of frankenstein from the side. Any advice?

Hypnotica
May 19th, 2010, 10:53 AM
I did it! Thank you so much - this is the first french twist that has worked for me.

THANK YOU!!

However, every time I wear a french twist, I look a little like the bride of frankenstein from the side. Any advice?

Uh, explain?

Hypnotica
May 19th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Awesome video!
Isn't it a beautiful 'Bijoux Manoël' comb that I can see in your twist?

You are quite right :) I found it on the Swap Board.

time_on_fire
May 19th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Sorry about that - if I twist just like your video, and you look at me from my right side, my hair looks like it's going way back and up, as if the back of my skull was much larger than it is. is this normal?

I'm trying to get a picture, but I'm waiting for the batteries to recharge.

Hypnotica
May 19th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Sorry about that - if I twist just like your video, and you look at me from my right side, my hair looks like it's going way back and up, as if the back of my skull was much larger than it is. is this normal?

I'm trying to get a picture, but I'm waiting for the batteries to recharge.

Yeah, I know what you mean :)

It is kind of normal but you can get around it by not spread the base as much upwards.

time_on_fire
May 19th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Ah, that helps. Thanks so much! I feel so elegant now.

Hypnotica
May 19th, 2010, 12:02 PM
Ah, that helps. Thanks so much! I feel so elegant now.

You're welcome, but do not forget the picture anyway! :D

Theobroma
May 19th, 2010, 12:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6cjaX_rUuE

Enjoy, my friends!

Great video, thanks so much! I've been wondering how to do a French twist for longer hair.

BTW, what's the music?

Hypnotica
May 19th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Great video, thanks so much! I've been wondering how to do a French twist for longer hair.

BTW, what's the music?

Qntal - Hymni Nocturnales

Loreley
May 19th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Great video! Thanks for sharing! :)

Night_Kitten
May 19th, 2010, 01:36 PM
I could never do a half-decent french twist, but I like your method, I'll definitely try it tomorrow
Great music by the way :)

Hypnotica
May 19th, 2010, 03:16 PM
I could never do a half-decent french twist, but I like your method, I'll definitely try it tomorrow
Great music by the way :)

Don't forget to take a picture if you can!

going gray
May 19th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Thank you for posting this video, hope I can use it soon. By the way, you have beautiful hair.

birthmarkie
May 19th, 2010, 09:05 PM
THANK YOU, HYPNOTICA and KarenLynn!

I thought I'd never be able to do a french twist.

Here is my first try with this method:

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd303/birthmarkie/100_0435_3.jpg

I didn't tuck my ends in, but after the picture I did, and they stayed snug without a pin. I am very happy.

I want a comb too! :D

Tresses
May 19th, 2010, 09:24 PM
OOOOH! I've been playing around with a similar idea trying to do a French twist (with that double twist), but for some reason, have not been able to pull it off. I just did one watching your video and it's almost presentable! (I kind of have a conehead thing going on right now. :lol:) I'll play some more tomorrow, and add a hairbrush to the mix. That'll help. ;)

Thanks for the video! :grin:

Neoma
May 19th, 2010, 09:43 PM
OK, this is my new favorite way to make a French twist. It takes about 30 seconds to make it and it is smooth and sleek and perfect. I secured mine with a Ficcare Maximas. Perfection!

Thank you so much for posting this video!

Lamb
May 19th, 2010, 09:53 PM
THANK YOU, HYPNOTICA and KarenLynn!

I thought I'd never be able to do a french twist.

Here is my first try with this method:

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd303/birthmarkie/100_0435_3.jpg

I didn't tuck my ends in, but after the picture I did, and they stayed snug without a pin. I am very happy.

I want a comb too! :D

This looks beautiful! So thick, yet still neat and shiny! :D

rexy
May 19th, 2010, 10:01 PM
I'm not sure what my problem is! I can't get my hair to slide up on the side after twisting. Nice video though :)

manderly
May 20th, 2010, 02:02 AM
This is the only way I can do a french twist without getting a goofy bump on the top. Of course, I only twist my hair once and tuck the ends - I dont have as much hair as you :D

Idun
May 20th, 2010, 02:08 AM
I havenīt been able to do a good french twist since I was BSL. And I still canīt it seems. The problem is not so much making the twist, but securing it. Non of my toys are good for that. The maximas really hurt when put this high on my head, - both the M and the L. And the sticks and forks are useless. Guess I will have to put a Bijoux Manoel pic on my wish list. :D

manderly
May 20th, 2010, 02:14 AM
I havenīt been able to do a good french twist since I was BSL. And I still canīt it seems. The problem is not so much making the twist, but securing it. Non of my toys are good for that. The maximas really hurt when put this high on my head, - both the M and the L. And the sticks and forks are useless. Guess I will have to put a Bijoux Manoel pic on my wish list. :D

Have you tried a 2-prong fork? Those seem to work the best (I use my mairzydozy). Also a ficcare works nicely.

I'll post photos later, my sleeping pill is kicking in and I'm a bit to stoned to get a decent pic tonight ;) Off to bed!

Hypnotica
May 20th, 2010, 02:27 AM

I often use a Maxima to secure this style and to get it to hold and not hurt, I put it in so it's ten o'clock on my head. That make it balanced enough not to pull.

Idun
May 20th, 2010, 02:38 AM
Have you tried a 2-prong fork? Those seem to work the best (I use my mairzydozy). Also a ficcare works nicely.

I'll post photos later, my sleeping pill is kicking in and I'm a bit to stoned to get a decent pic tonight ;) Off to bed!

Yes Iīve tried 2 prong forks from Ketylo and Baerreis. They hold my buns with ease, but my twists just fall apart :)

Idun
May 20th, 2010, 02:47 AM
I often use a Maxima to secure this style and to get it to hold and not hurt, I put it in so it's ten o'clock on my head. That make it balanced enough not to pull.

I think the crown area is more sensitive than the rest of my head.:( I will try to experiment more with the angle. It took a long time for me to make the Max work with buns :).

Theobroma
May 20th, 2010, 04:01 AM
Qntal - Hymni Nocturnales

Thanks! I really like the singer's voice.

Hypnotica
May 20th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Yes Iīve tried 2 prong forks from Ketylo and Baerreis. They hold my buns with ease, but my twists just fall apart :)

I have tried 3 pronged forks with this style and it holds rather well. I do use pins to secure it further just to secure it really well.

Hypnotica
May 20th, 2010, 02:05 PM
I think the crown area is more sensitive than the rest of my head.:( I will try to experiment more with the angle. It took a long time for me to make the Max work with buns :).

You may find that the Ficarissimo to be better suited for you as they don't pull as much as the Maxima.

birthmarkie
May 20th, 2010, 03:13 PM
This looks beautiful! So thick, yet still neat and shiny! :D

Thank you, Lambkins :flower:

Plain Jane
May 21st, 2010, 06:51 AM
Your videos are amazing clear instructions & great music. I have several on my desktop. Thanks :)

Periwinkle
May 21st, 2010, 09:00 AM
That looks great! Just wanted to say thanks for really clear instructions - it's so much easier when you have the step written out and the video at the same time.

Hypnotica
May 21st, 2010, 10:31 AM
That looks great! Just wanted to say thanks for really clear instructions - it's so much easier when you have the step written out and the video at the same time.

Thank you, I wasn't sure if I overdid it this time but it is hard to know. I'm used to do the styles starring in my videos.