PDA

View Full Version : APL buns?

countryhopper
May 19th, 2010, 08:08 AM
My hair just barely reached APL! Hooray! :cheese:

I have tried to do a lazy wrap bun, but it slips out after a few minutes.

Are there any other buns that are good for APL?

Loreley
May 19th, 2010, 08:52 AM
The simple cinnamon bun (or the braided one) must work. :)

09robiha
May 19th, 2010, 09:00 AM
heres an idea:
Take the hair and gather into a ponytail and start to pull through the elastic
Pull it through once and then again but not all the way through this time, so you create a little loop
Then wrap the remaining tail around the elastic or separate the tail into and wrap each section aroun if thats easier
Then Pin
split the little loop you made in two and slide your hairstick through the first loop, under the elastic, grabbing some scalp hairs and up through the second loop.

Hope that makes sense, I still do a modifed version, just with no elastics and Im not at waist-when-wet length.

Pixna
May 19th, 2010, 09:00 AM
I do a Pencil Bun, Lazy Wrap Bun, Cinnabun, and others....but I adapt everything. For the wrapped buns, I use two or three fingers, rather than my whole hand. That makes the buns more snug, so they don't unravel. They are also very secure. That's my secret tip, so shhhh, don't tell anyone! :lipssealed:

countryhopper
May 20th, 2010, 05:06 AM
Thanks for the secret tip, Pixna! And 09robiha, that sounds like the cheater's split bun I read on another site. I like to do that one, too, but my tail end from pulling the ponytail through is getting kind of long, so I might need to wrap the tail around the base as you say.

Loreley, I try cinnabuns, but sometimes they work, sometimes not :shrug: . Not sure what's going on...

thanks for the suggestions! More are welcome!!