PDA

View Full Version : My first Youtube video

kelly-j
May 19th, 2010, 05:16 AM
I´m so proud of myself. I have watched so many hairtutorials at YouTube and really enjoyed them. Now I have done one myself.
Please me kind to me, I have never done this before and comparing to what I´ve seen on Youtube mine is very amateurish. :grnbiggri.
If you want to see the result it´s here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JYFOuBIHns

FrannyG
May 19th, 2010, 05:22 AM
Oh no! I couldn't get it to load. When I tried, it said on the screen, "An error occurred. Please try again."

I never have trouble with YouTube. Could you check again to see if it's working for you? I'm eager to see your video. :)

ETA: Got it to work with a different browser.

FrannyG
May 19th, 2010, 05:27 AM
Yay!!! I used a different browser and I saw the video. I think it's a lovely style, and the video is just fine! :blossom:

Trixie33
May 19th, 2010, 05:29 AM
Thanks for posting the video, your hair looks great. I love to see new ways people are wearing their hair.

Tangerine
May 19th, 2010, 05:29 AM
It worked fine for me, FrannyG. ETA: was obviously still typing when your second post arrived :D

Nothing amateurish about that kelly-j: it was very clearly demonstrated! Well done :)

You have such lovely hair.

jackiesjottings
May 19th, 2010, 06:33 AM
I like that :)

alwayssmiling
May 19th, 2010, 07:01 AM
Ooh. I really, really want long hair after seeing that. You made it look very simple, but that updo is very different and effective. I love seeing videos like that on youtube, thanks.

chopandchange
May 19th, 2010, 07:21 AM
:thumbsup:I thought it was really good!

Loreley
May 19th, 2010, 07:31 AM
Well done! I like that bun. And your hair is so thick and healthy! :smile:

Silver Strands
May 19th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Very nice and I love those blue/green clips.
Where did you get them?

yellowchariot
May 19th, 2010, 07:56 AM
Hey Kelly-J, your video is excellent! You will do great making tutorials. I subscribed to your channel :D

Cailie
May 19th, 2010, 08:18 AM
LOVE you hair !!

Uinda
May 19th, 2010, 08:31 AM
your hair is great and the bun looks wonderful! I'll try it out when my hair is dry :)

pdy2kn6
May 19th, 2010, 08:42 AM
your hair is sooo thick and healthy. it looks longer than bsl, probs because it is is so healthy all the way down the length (and ofcourse all girls have different bsl's)

UltraBella
May 19th, 2010, 09:06 AM
This is great ! I enjoyed the video. I am going to see if I can somehow make this work for me, I have more length and not sure where my ends will be placed. I am tired of this giant bun on my head !

growing2shine
May 19th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Nice vid... I love your thick, dark, shiny hair! :D

Hypnotica
May 19th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Oh, nice!

I use Windows Movie Maker to do my updo videos, but I can't really say that they look professional :P

neon-dream
May 19th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Great video and beautiful style! Well done :)!

breezefaerie
May 19th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Great tutorial and very pretty style!

Fairlight63
May 19th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Great video! looks easy to do also, Thank you for the video!

Purdy Bear
May 19th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Oh my, your hair is awesome. I love the updo!

tyrant1100
May 19th, 2010, 10:03 AM
This is a beautiful style! And so simple too. I'm now itching to go home and try it.

I must repeat the earlier question of where you go those clips? They're lovely!

lapushka
May 19th, 2010, 11:53 AM
I´m so proud of myself. I have watched so many hairtutorials at YouTube and really enjoyed them. Now I have done one myself.
Please me kind to me, I have never done this before and comparing to what I´ve seen on Youtube mine is very amateurish. :grnbiggri.
If you want to see the result it´s here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JYFOuBIHns

Thanks so much for this! This is very helpful! I'm at BSL too, and I'm stuck as far as updos go. From APL onwards I've worn my hair in a peacock twist mostly, but it's getting too long for that (heavy and messy at iii), so sometimes I flip the twist in on itself, the downside to that is untucked ends, bits of fluff from layers and toys that barely fit. My hair's way too short for most buns, except a cinnabun, so this is a nice in between solution!

goodenough
May 19th, 2010, 12:03 PM
We are almost hair twins! My hair is the same color and thickness, but a little straighter. Thanks for a great video.

Gumball
May 19th, 2010, 12:29 PM
I think the video turned out great, especially for your first one. I think for the future ones it just takes practice aiming the camera to make sure you're in the center. I know when using just my handheld camera for still shots it was one of the hurdles I faced, too. Your hair is looking wonderful! :D

kelly-j
May 20th, 2010, 01:47 AM
Oh, my... I just logged in here and was overwhelmed by all the replies on my post.
So many kind words that you almost made me blush.
I really enjoyed making the video and as my hair is growing longer, I will definitely make more videos.
I really appreciate all your kinds words about the video and my hair. I really feel that my hair is "short" watching so many with longer hair here, but watching my own video made me realize that my hair isn´t that short after all.:D

Everyone that lives in Sweden can buy the beautiful hair clips at Glitter..
I think they cost about 32 SEK ( about 4 $ ).

Once again, thank you all so much. :grouphug:

Sarahmoon
May 21st, 2010, 06:26 AM
That video was great. Very clear explanation, and you also showed what the updo looked like from the front and side. Well done.

Just one little comment, I'd write "bra strap length" instead of bsl because not all viewers will be familiar with LHC abbreviations.