PDA

View Full Version : The easiest bun

Cupofmilk
May 19th, 2010, 02:00 AM
I want to try a really easy bun. But I have really short hair (it's only just past BSL worn in two english plaits).

As my hair is so fine is there a one I could do leaving it in the twin plaits?

Thank you

LILBERT
May 19th, 2010, 02:30 AM
lol! I dont have an answer for you im afraid, but i just had to laugh! Just below BSL hair = really short ?! lmao! :D I know its short to you, i read your previous posts and you used to have AWSOME long hair! I think it was beyond tailbone? Take heart, beyond BSL your already in long hair territory even if it feels short :)

Cupofmilk
May 19th, 2010, 02:57 AM
sorry. You're right that is a bit of a silly thing to say ! it is long compared to most! Just on here I start to feel that I have short hair! I must load up the befor and after pics - the best before pic is one the hospital took in scbu so I need to get it scanned in!

Purdy Bear
May 19th, 2010, 03:15 AM
What I call a roll bun can be done with pretty short hair. You just braid or brush it into a pony tail, or bit you want to bun, then roll it back on itself and pin.

Check out the Apostolic Pentacostal updos on You Tube and most use rolls at some point.

Henrietta
May 19th, 2010, 04:28 AM
BSL isn't that short!:) You can do chinese bun with nice hairsticks, two cinnamon buns, one cinnamon bun, rose bun, oh, rose bun is a great idea!

jasper
May 19th, 2010, 04:40 AM
I think the lazy wrap bun is the easiest if you have a hair stick.

JenniferNoel
May 19th, 2010, 05:07 AM
Just had to stick my nose in to say the whole "BSL = really short" thing made me smile. :D
I know how you feel though. I'm a former TBL, and BSL still does seem pretty darn short.

As far as buns go, I find cinnamon buns to be fairly easy with the right hair sticks. And I second the lazy wrap bun. :)

FrannyG
May 19th, 2010, 05:20 AM
With your hair type, I think that a cinnamon bun would be the quickest and easiest.

Figure 8s are also very quick and easy, as are infinity buns and they have a bit more pizazz than the cinnabun.

Sissy
May 19th, 2010, 05:20 AM
I'll definitely be checking this thread out later... I am in sore need of easy buns and also buns that are good for while working out! I've not yet mastered any updos really well.

LoversLullaby
May 19th, 2010, 05:53 AM
One of the easiest updos I've ever done is a sock bun. Here is the link to the LHC article: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=36

Anje
May 19th, 2010, 09:29 AM
I wouldn't call it the easiest bun, but if you want to do something while leaving your hair in two braids, the first thing that comes to my mind is the braided chinese bun (http://www.dressytresses.com/hair/gallery/instruct/china-sticks/).

Dolly
May 19th, 2010, 10:09 AM
I think the lazy wrap bun is the easiest if you have a hair stick.

That is what I was going to say.....I am a hair clutz, and that is the first bun I learned to do....I didn't even have a hair stick....I used a painbrush handle!