PDA

View Full Version : Progress!

mary1965
May 18th, 2010, 01:05 AM
I joined this forum a while back. I'm not really active on this: I use the right cone-free shampoos, and weekly search for split ends with clippers, but past that have just been letting it grow. And lurking on this message board.

I just took a photo of my hair last week. I'd brushed it out of its usual loose curls to a frizzy, somewhat straight form, and this is what I got:

I'm so close to my goal (waist)! My next goal is hip length, but I think I might just keep letting it grow, as long as it is thick and healthy.

Also, I will ask--does anyone know why the lower part of my head is lighter than the rest? My mother guessed it might be from the sun reddening it one summer when I was outside a lot, right before I started college.

I'm so excited!

jera
May 18th, 2010, 01:09 AM
Congrats on your progress. The longest ends of your hair look like waist length already. :D

Loreley
May 18th, 2010, 01:42 AM
Congrats! Your hair is beautiful and sooo thick! :cheer:

BelleBot
May 18th, 2010, 01:50 AM
Well done, it looks lovely. Chances are the lighter parts are from the sun, until I started dying mine my ends were always really blonde from seeing many summers.

Night_Kitten
May 18th, 2010, 03:32 AM
Your hair looks lovely, and I too think it looks like your'e already at waist :)
The lightening is probably from the sun, it happened to me too when I was wearing my hair down alot...

Sarahmoon
May 18th, 2010, 04:00 AM
That looks very good and thick!
Yes the lighter ends are probably sun bleaching. Nice it looks so red, I actually thought you were growing out henna.

Tangerine
May 18th, 2010, 04:02 AM
Wow, you have lovely lush hair, mary1965! I too think your mum is right about the sun brightening on your ends. Gives it natural variation.