PDA

View Full Version : supplements for hair?

beachlover
May 17th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Other than a multi-vitamin is anyone supplementing with vitamins specifically for Hair Health??? I'm thinking about buying some but I see so many different brands to choose from. Has anyone noticed their hair growing faster while taking the vitamins and what brands have you had success with? Thanks!!!:)

tanya222
May 17th, 2010, 12:41 PM
I myself am not taking anything but my downstairs neighbour is, she wants her hair to grow faster so she's taking an herbal supplement & the main (mane? :p) ingredient is Horsetail, I have read about Horsetail for promoting healthy hair growth, and she swears her hair seems to be growing faster! I believe the Latin name is Equisetum arvense, please do research it yourself beforehand, but I've read nothing but good about it!

growing2shine
May 17th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Besides healthy diet and multi-vitamin I take some fish oil omega 3 fatty acid capsules. (I don't know exactly what they are called in english.) I take two every day and I think that it's very helpful on my journey to long hair. :D

beachlover
May 18th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Thank you both for the suggestions!!

pineconejg
May 18th, 2010, 06:20 PM
I take flax oil capsules to about 1000mg a day. I think that is what has made my hair nicer this growing than any other time.
JG

my2cats1
May 18th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Omega 3/6/9 oils; extra B complex; a protein shake daily; and Silica/MSM/Horsetail in one pill (called Kal Super Silica Plus).

Loreley
May 19th, 2010, 01:33 AM
I take hair vitamins. It contains a lot of vitamin B which can help with hair growth. My hair grows a little bit faster.

Purdy Bear
May 19th, 2010, 01:39 AM
Iv tried Iron supplements but they just made my tongue have pins and needles, my next trial is with Biotin supplements.

Food wise Iv added lots of spinach, a banana a day, apples, carrots and I want to get back to having eggs. I dont eat cheese (I cant stand the smell) but any diary is very good so Im making up with yoghurts.

Brenda714
May 20th, 2010, 09:11 AM
I highly recommend the vitamins for skin, hair and nails, it has made a difference for me. I'm not shedding as much and I have noticed my bangs and sides are growing faster, just like the nails grow, my hair too must be growing!

Calaelen
May 20th, 2010, 10:05 AM
I take a hair vitamin called Nature's Bounty Hair & Nails, as well as a multi vitamin for women, and omega3-6-9. I find a huge difference when I take these, and the Nature's Bounty has definitely been the best one. I buy mine at Wal Mart for about $7 a bottle.

missmandy
May 20th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Flax seed oil capsules, evening primrose oil capsuls, biotin, and I'm thinking about getting silica.

emmabovary
May 20th, 2010, 12:32 PM
I take a multivitamin, Silica and MSM. My nails at least are definitely much improved since I started taking Silica.

LawyerGirl
May 20th, 2010, 12:34 PM
I take a multi, MSM, biotin, silica, and kelp

beachlover
May 20th, 2010, 12:53 PM
All of you have been very helpful! Thank you!

beachlover
May 20th, 2010, 12:57 PM
I'm really curious to see how the MSM works! I never realized it was a hair supplement! Thanks everyone!!!!