PDA

View Full Version : Finally some volume!

LaurelSpring
May 17th, 2010, 11:38 AM
I just recently made a simple change that resulted in a great A-Ha moment! I have been lamenting that I cant get any volume in my oh so fine flat no grab hair. I have been trying lots of different things to boost it more. I have been doing more Cassias and also have been washing with egg, ritha, shikakai and amla. I braided and wrapped on pillow rollers. All of these helped but my hair was still pretty flat.

My A-Ha moment came by accident. I started to notice that my sleep braid was looking really frazzled in the morning and it was upsetting me that I was getting it so frizzly at night. I was worried about damage. I had tried sleeping with it on top a couple of times but it just hadnt worked the way I did it. So just for the heck of it one night after experimenting with the scalp wash methods, I bent over and braided it from the crown of my head and used Good Days hair pins to secure the braid in a bun on top of my head. This worked like a charm! It was comfy and I slept fine in it. The great thing about it though was that when I took it down I had tons of VOLUME!!! Plus waves from the braid. OMG! I wish I had done this eons ago.

I am feeling so excited because now with this way of wearing it to bed, topped with incorporating scalp washes so I can keep my waves going plus the other volume building wash routing I finally have the volume I have been craving. Thanks to everyone for all of the input on this board. I Love you guys!:happydance::love:

loralie
May 17th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Congrats on figuring out what gives you body! I'll have to try this... the longer my hair gets the flatter it is and I'd like to figure out a no-damage way to get some oomph! :D

MsBubbles
May 17th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Oh this is a good idea! I wish I had tried this in the 80s :D.

I am pretty sure this would also work on my hair too, at least for a few hours.

Thanks for the idea!

SerenityBlue
May 17th, 2010, 01:48 PM
I am glad you found a method that works for you! My hair is fine and usually by the end of the work day has no volume left to it no matter how I style it. It is not long enough to braid, but I will make a note of your method for when I can braid it.

Jessica Trapp
May 17th, 2010, 01:57 PM
What a great idea! Thank you for sharing.

:flower: jes

Capybara
May 17th, 2010, 01:58 PM
That sounds like an awesome idea! :cheese:

serious
May 17th, 2010, 02:45 PM
I'll have to try this, thanks for sharing!

jel
May 17th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Hey, that's a brilliant idea! I'd love to try it, but I'm hair pin-challenged... :o Maybe I can use a scrunchie instead, actually.

Thanks for posting this!

Autumnberry
May 17th, 2010, 04:47 PM
I will try this--I have a similar hair type. It's so nice to find a non-damaging method like this one. Thanks for the tip!

oceanwoman111
May 17th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Thank you for sharing. :grouphug: I will try this. It's so great when you stumble upon something that really works. Someone here at LHC suggested clipping the front of the hair up after showering while air-drying. I tried it and added tons of volume in my hair.
Thanks.

Loreley
May 18th, 2010, 01:46 AM
Congrats on finding a method which works for you! :flower:

Heavenly Locks
May 18th, 2010, 03:08 AM
Have you given this a try with the loepsie bun? Video tutorial - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I13J7ArHTkM&playnext_from=TL&videos=8yndHGz6JM8

This gives me amazing waves too... I am going to damp bun on top for the night tonight and see how it comes out :)

LaurelSpring
May 21st, 2010, 10:58 AM
Have you given this a try with the loepsie bun? Video tutorial - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I13J7ArHTkM&playnext_from=TL&videos=8yndHGz6JM8

This gives me amazing waves too... I am going to damp bun on top for the night tonight and see how it comes out :)

I LOVE that video! I have been doing my sock buns like that now. They are a little pinchy to sleep in for me though.

Bethie
May 21st, 2010, 12:39 PM
Congrats on finding something that works for you! I am going to have to try this later.