PDA

View Full Version : I Came Up With A New Colour Technique.

Calaelen
May 17th, 2010, 11:30 AM
So, this is really more for the ladies who use chemical colour, and who do their own colouring at home, whether professional product or otherwise is used.

Many of you probably have seen me posting a lot of colour advice as I am a stylist who specialized in hair colour.

Last night I was doing my own hair, and I came up with a new way of doing colour. I was mainly just doing my roots as they'd been left alone for a while, so I only used one box, and when I was finished covering my roots, I had some left over, so I started grabbing up random chunks of hair which I then covered all the way to the tips. I was hoping to achieve a lowlighting effect. after I'd covered all the random strips I wanted, I just took a comb and lightly combed down a little of the colour from my fully covered roots to blend in with all the low-lights I'd created.

Let me just say, it turned out beautiful. I feel my hair has a very natural sun kissed look to it, as all of the hair I left untouched ,which had faded, looks like natural sun highlights.

I think that this method would also work well with Henna.

Another note is that I was depositing a darker colour onto my hair, I don't think this method would work as well if you were trying to lighten hair, as there would most likely be a very unnatural line of lighter hair at the roots.

Hope some of you find this useful :)

TheKnight'sLady
May 17th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Cool idea! I might try it next time I color. Thanks! :)