PDA

View Full Version : new here

luckyduck
May 16th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Hey all, I just found this site last night, and I have had fun reading the articles and looking at the hairdos. I have hair at the bra strap length. I recently cut off about 5 inches, it looks much thicker now. I have not done any research on hair care before this, so it is all new to me.
I am sitting here with conditioner on the length of my hair, and plan to do the cow c in about an hour or so.
I have never dyed my hair and rarely blow dry it. It is usually up in a bun with a clip or a braid. I am thrilled to see so many types of updo's on this site. It is a real encouragement.
I plan to grow my hair out to waist or classic, with these new hair care ideas I shouldn't have to trim as much!

luckyduck
May 17th, 2010, 06:15 PM
What I noticed the most today was that my bangs that usually have a mind of their own, are really nice and soft and tidy! I went out today and bought the coconut oil as well and will be working on moisturizing my hair above all.

spidermom
May 18th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Welcome to LHC. Have fun!

Luckysock
May 18th, 2010, 11:18 AM
welcome! You'll get to waist/classic in no time! :D

anrems
May 18th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Welcome luckyduck! I'm pretty new too and my hair is also around BSL :D Good luck using the coconut oil, personally I really like to oil my hair!

luckyduck
May 19th, 2010, 12:42 PM
I had never oiled my hair before, never even heard of it! It really makes if feel soft and the comb and brush just glide right thru my hair.
One thing I forgot to mention, is that i have had for years trouble with Seborrhea. Itchy, oily scalp and hair thinning. With the new shampoo/ conditioner mix, my scalp hasn't itched and it isn't producing the sebum like it usually does. It may be just a fluke, but I am going to really keep an eye on that!