PDA

View Full Version : 8-ish month anniversary! (Pictures included)

JenniferNoel
May 16th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Hey everyone! I haven't done any kind of anniversary thread the whole time I've been hanging around here, and as you all probably know I'm a person of many different looks, and the hair coloring, although totally worth it, calls for a little more trimming than normal.
But seriously, I only lost a total of 5 inches the whole time, and grew much more than lost. I went from a nice and crispy (:rolleyes:) 13 inches to a fresh, swishy, stylish and not to mention colorful 22 inches.
Almost a foot of hair in barely 8 months! Goes to prove that anything is possible. Woohoo for amazing genetics! :cheese::cheese::cheese:
Want proof? Enjoy!

October 10th-ish, 2009. Dyed and fried, flat ironed and blow dried for one of the last times after joining here (before I figured out how to efficiently take a length shot *points to the lack-of-common-sense thread*).
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc15/jenny_the_strange/DSC08505.jpg

And, having switched computers, the pictures between then and now are unavailable at the moment (when I'm less lazy, I'll go and fetch 'em). But here we go, damp, several days after the final trim that took me about an inch above BSL, Sunday, May 16th, 2010 (drum roll please):
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc15/jenny_the_strange/DSC06556.jpg
And slightly less damp, now with a little oil (note, it almost never looks this wide, especially oiled, very weird, and oops, my head may be tilted a little forward :o):
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc15/jenny_the_strange/DSC06559.jpg
Well there ya have it. I'll post un-oiled pictures in a few days in my albums. So be patient.
And... wow... 600 posts already! *pats self on back*

And, of course, thanks to everyone on here for helping making this hair journey possible. Gooooo LHC! :cheer:

frizzalot
May 16th, 2010, 01:51 PM
congrats on the growth, loving the green streaks ;)

alwayssmiling
May 16th, 2010, 01:59 PM
I love seeing these threads - thanks Jennifer.

In your first picture it looks just like my hair from the side so it great to see how long my hair might look by the end of the year! Though I don't think my hair grows as fast as yours - but here's hoping.

FrannyG
May 16th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Great growth progress and I love the colours! :blossom:

ericthegreat
May 16th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Jennifer, I love that you are an artist. Don't ever make any apologies about bleaching or dyeing your hair all these wonderful colors. Our hair is for our enjoyment, and also a wonderful canvas for which we can express ourselves. Congratulations on your 8 month anniversary, one year can't be all that far off. :cheer:

Loreley
May 17th, 2010, 12:00 AM
Congrats! I like the colours in your hair! :D

cardamom
May 17th, 2010, 12:46 AM
I'm celebrating with you!:cheese:

Jules diamond
May 17th, 2010, 03:45 AM
D: Major case of hair envy going on over here.

Congrats on your growth!

dropinthebucket
May 17th, 2010, 08:06 AM
How did you get so much growth so fast? please, please, do you have any secret formulas??? (my hair grows slow :(). Love your colours and your layers!

JenniferNoel
May 17th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Thanks everyone!
I just do a daily scalp massage, and use lots of oils (generally EVOO and coconut oil). Other than that it's just genetics... I got lucky. :cheese:

HeatherMae
May 17th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Amazing growth! Your hair grows very fast!! Congratulations!!

adiapalic
May 17th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Congratulations! :flower:

Jessica Trapp
May 17th, 2010, 03:38 PM
I am wildly jealous that your hair grows so fast! The colors are really fun too! Way to Grow!!!!

:flower: jes

Kathie
May 17th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Great growth! Congrats :D:D

JenniferNoel
May 17th, 2010, 06:41 PM
And, although I know everyone on here is in love with the fun colors, an update has been established!
I finally took the plunge and colorfixed the dye (from the oops I made while intoxicated :o) and I'm now a weird shade of strawberry blonde. It looks alright, I'm waiting for it to dry now. Will post pics when available (tomorrow ish...)

little_acorn
May 17th, 2010, 07:02 PM
WOW amazingly fast growth :D