PDA

View Full Version : I just got back from the hot springs....[question]

Aevra
May 16th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Kay! So, I made a thread a few weeks back telling you all how my boyfriend and I were planning a trip to the hot springs here in Colorado....

So we went this past Thursday and Friday, and we just got back last night.
It was pretty amazing, but now we're bummed out because of a few things that happened while at the pools and right after coming home.

BESIDES THAT! Onto my question!
I got a lot of advise about protecting my hair while I was in the pools from you guys, and I tried to follow most of it. The only problem was that they wanted you to shower before you entered the pools, meaning I couldn't have anything in my hair before going in the water to keep the water nice for everyone.

Now my hair feels like it's super heavy and thick...but not in a good way. Like each and every strand is coated with nasty.

I am scared to use shampoo and conditioner seeing as how my routine is "only shampoo and condition when the gunk gets too built up and your hair starts looking dirty." MY hair likes that, I just don't know what will help take this feeling out without using shampoo and conditioner. Help?

TiaKitty
May 16th, 2010, 09:57 AM
First, I'd try just wetting it with your usual home water and see how that makes it feel...

If that felt icky, still, I'd do a CO and check out how that felt.

Then, if I still hated how it felt, I'd wind up doing a clarifying shampoo and then condition, as usual.

Glad to know you had a good time. Your hair will be back to normal soon!

Cailie
May 16th, 2010, 09:59 AM
I would do a heavy oiling for a couple hours, then a shampoo followed by a deep conditioning and a diluted ACV rinse.

You could also try to start with a cowash, but that might not be enough... depending on what is covering your hair

Good luck !

Aevra
May 16th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Thank you guys ^_^

Looks like I can't get out of the Conditioner huh?

Cailie
May 16th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Why don't you want to use conditioner, isn't this the kind of situation you usually shampoo and co for (hair coated with weird stuff) ? (just curious)

Aevra
May 16th, 2010, 10:31 AM
My hair doesn't normally like it very often. I just did it a couple of weeks ago and I was trying not to do it again for a while. I am not totally against it. I just hate how my hair is the day after wash day.

Johanna
May 16th, 2010, 08:53 PM
When I went to the hotsprings recently, I had to smother it in conditioner for a few days after. It did not like the hot springs at all!
I understand your pain.

Amraann
May 16th, 2010, 09:10 PM
What about a vinegar/ water rinse?

countryhopper
May 17th, 2010, 12:38 AM
does it feel overly dry (like straw) or greasy?

if it were super dry, I'd do a honey treatment for the moisture and then oil. If it is greasy, I'd clarify, then rinse with an acidic rinse

Aevra
May 17th, 2010, 09:09 AM
It doesn't feel dry or greasy really...it feels coated in something and it's making it feel heavy and like it wants to stick together.

Night_Kitten
May 17th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Can it be salt deposits from the chemicals in the hot springs water?
In that case try rinsing with distilled water, and if that doesn't help, try an ACV dilluted in distilled water (some salts melt much better in an acidic environment)

Hope your hair gets back to itself soon :)