PDA

View Full Version : What is your favourite updo?

vanity_acefake
May 16th, 2010, 07:02 AM
I just wondered what are all you guys favourite updos. Mine currently is rope braids. Why? Because my bsl hair lets me do them. And my yukky lairs don't look so bad in rope braids compared to normal braids. And they look so pretty too.

Ludde
May 16th, 2010, 07:23 AM
High bun is the fav at the moment

Dreams_in_Pink
May 16th, 2010, 07:39 AM
I like any updo done with super long hair. Even a simple ponytail looks awesome with hair longer than classic :)

anna francesca
May 16th, 2010, 07:49 AM
right now my favorite is a bun I recreated from a geisha bun, its a very simple high cinna bun with only the back part of your hair and a the front sections wrapped around the bun with a strong side part.

Loreley
May 16th, 2010, 07:51 AM
The basic bun is my favourite. I wear that almost every day. :)

ravenreed
May 16th, 2010, 07:59 AM
Any sort of double buns, I like the infinity bun where you coil it then flip the top loop, I like flipped buns, and for basic stability and out the door ease I love the nautilus.

Jessica Trapp
May 16th, 2010, 08:00 AM
I usually wear my hair in a two-strand crown braid that wraps around my head. It distributes the weight and stays all day without a problem.

:) jes

girloctopus
May 16th, 2010, 08:06 AM
My default favorite hairstyle lately seems to be a high swirly bun. It's comfortable and it stays put if I take care to not do it too tightly.

I think my favorite updo of all time is a Dutch crown braid. They are just so elegant. Too bad I haven't perfected it on myself.

neon-dream
May 16th, 2010, 08:20 AM
I absolutely love herringbone braids, though I only wear them when I have a lot of time to do my hair, as I like them done with tiny sections. My daily style is either french/dutch braid or a cinnamon/nautilus bun.

Pixna
May 16th, 2010, 08:59 AM
My favorite updo is a Pencil Bun. It's what I wear almost every day.

Siava
May 16th, 2010, 10:43 AM
French twist held by a jaw clip. I'm extremely updo challenged. This is quick and simple.

JenniferNoel
May 16th, 2010, 12:26 PM
I love twin sock buns with the remainder braided and wrapped.
Very Princess Leia-ish. :luke:

otherarrow
May 16th, 2010, 12:26 PM
I love what I call the O bun (I don't know it's real name). Basically it's a bun with a hole in the middle.
For me it's a normal bun since that's the way it turns out if I quickly make one but it might not be so for everybody.

Ina
May 16th, 2010, 01:32 PM
I love to wear my hair in a ponytail:D. I have tried chinese bun a couple of times, and I like that too.

rags
May 16th, 2010, 01:37 PM
My very favorite of all time is the Lazy Wrap bun. It's quick, it's easy, and I can get it to stay even in my insanely slippery hair (though I do have to use a multi-pronged fork on it!)

FrannyG
May 16th, 2010, 02:58 PM
My favourite when I'm in a hurry but want to look polished, is a French Twist. It can be done in less than a minute, and I can hold it with one comb or chignon pic.

emmabovary
May 16th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Umm, can't really decide between French braid and French twist. Both are great for hiding dirty hair... both look very polished... French braid I like because it's something I've been able to do for as long as I can remember. One of my few skills, he he :D

Night_Kitten
May 17th, 2010, 01:49 PM
A lazy wrap held with a single stick is my absolute favorite! I can do it really fast in the morning on the first try, it looks really good, and it stays well even on the first day after a wash (I have slippery hair, especially after a wash)

goodenough
May 17th, 2010, 02:00 PM
right now it's half-up. For dressy, I like a dutch braid going back to a high puffy bun.

Burgundyhair
May 17th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Rose bun is my favourite. :)

LoversLullaby
May 17th, 2010, 04:11 PM
I absolutely adore any sort of sock bun, they're my new favorite! I try to vary my updos (with what I can do with APL length hair) but sock buns are my favorite. Although the Summer Flower Bun is a close second too!

Nastasia
May 17th, 2010, 04:21 PM
At the moment, the Lazy Wrap Bun.

Kristin
May 17th, 2010, 04:38 PM
I think I wear cinnamon buns the most just because they are quick and easy and make pretty braid waves. I actually like double rose buns better, though. I do one with the top half of my hair and one with the bottom half. I hold them with sticks or Good Days hair pins. I also really like the Mohawk braid style, but I'm usually too lazy to do that in the morning.

Cheeks1206
May 18th, 2010, 07:31 AM
Right now, my favorite is the Gibson tuck. It's super comfortable and it keeps all my hair off my neck, a definite plus with summer coming upon us! All my hair stays in it pretty well, too, even my weirdo pixie layers.