PDA

View Full Version : Itchy scalp >.<

Vivicka
May 16th, 2010, 01:08 AM
-I know this belongs in the 'No Poo' thread, but I looking through a number of pages and couldn't find it-

Alright, so I've stopped using conditioner/shampoo for about a week, and used bicarb soda about every 2-4th day. I wash it all out and use about 1/2-1 tbsp to a cup of water.

I use a minimal amount of hairspray after my hair is dry.
But my scalp is getting really itchy, I even checked for lice it was so itchy (no, I don't have lice). After scratching heaps of hair comes out too :(

Any ideas what this could be? Allergy? Transition period?
Also, if anyone's had this, how did you stop the itchiness?

Thanks <3

Oh, and I never had an itchy scalp when I used shampoos or conditioners, even with ample amounts of hairspray.

Loreley
May 16th, 2010, 01:54 AM
I wanted to try water only in winter. I could do it for a week, then my scalp was terribly itchy and I washed it with shampoo. The itch was gone immediately.
I think it was the part of the transition period but I gave up.

Vivicka
May 16th, 2010, 02:58 AM
Ah okies. Good to know I'm not the only one (:

julliams
May 16th, 2010, 03:48 AM
My itchy scalp may have been that it was super dry. I got some olive oil on my fingertips and rubbed it over my scalp and it took the itchiness away immediately. My itchy scalp used to grive me absolutely crazy and working as a teacher had me wondering if I had lice as well. Now I have been itch free since September and I'm over the moon.

Try the olive oil thing and see if yours isn't just dry too.

Wind Dragon
May 16th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Use as little baking soda as it takes to get your scalp clean, and be certain it's dissolved completely. Are you following with a vinegar or other acidic rinse?

marikamt
May 16th, 2010, 09:06 AM
When I tried stretching my washes past a week, I got the same thing.... when I washed, it went away.......