PDA

View Full Version : half updos problem

jojo
May 8th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Hi,
Well my fringe is now just below chin level and since growing it, ive let my natural parting go where it wants, which is just off centre (i have a widows peak) but when i try and do a half up do, to put my fringe back it stays parted no matter what i do.

Though if i tie or bun it all back I have no problem.

Is this due to my fringe being longer and how can I stop it doing this?

TIA x

Riot Crrl
May 8th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Is there a difference in how you are combing/smoothing it all back, vs. how you would get the top back for a half up?

jojo
May 8th, 2008, 06:05 PM
I just comb it back but kind of puff it a little in a half updo,but it just flops to the side.

its more scrapped when tied back, but i hate this look with a half up do.

I even tried combing it over to one side and it still flopped in the centre. Im wondering because i forced my hair into a side parting for years and now let it do its own thing, its sort of stuck there.

Does that make sense??? I need to get a picture up and then you will see what i mean!

Riot Crrl
May 8th, 2008, 06:16 PM
It is probably the puffing action. I have had stylists do that on my damp and combed back hair in order to part it before they start cutting.

When you do an all-up, is it just pulled straight back without the puffing?

Nynaeve
May 8th, 2008, 06:18 PM
It is probably the puffing action. I have had stylists do that on my damp and combed back hair in order to part it before they start cutting.

When you do an all-up, is it just pulled straight back without the puffing?

I would definitely agree about the puffing action. My hair always parts if I try to puff it.
It doesn't if I slick it back or BBB it back.
Then again, I don't like the look of puffed top hairdo on me anyway. Maybe you could try some sort of hair-friendly spray or gel to make it stay puffed up and not fall?

jojo
May 8th, 2008, 06:32 PM
yeah it probably is that, its only a little puff which is more on my crown than front area, i think maybe the curl in it is contributing, unfortunately BBB and my hair dont agree, makes my hair a frzzy mess!

icydove
May 9th, 2008, 06:18 AM
You might try securing the half-up closer to the hair line. It might require a little less poof so the fringe may stay put. Otherwise, I agree with the previous posters that the poofing is probably making the problem worse. Without hair spray, I don't know if it is fixable.

FWIW, I think parted half-ups are pretty, and I do them often.

nomadhome
May 9th, 2008, 08:51 AM
Maybe try either clipping it closer to the hairline or just going with the part and clipping back each side separately?