PDA

View Full Version : No longer LONG hair, but please love me anyway :p

MandaMom2Three
May 15th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Ok, the last while I've been feeling very down about my hair. I think a combination of poor diet, stress and who knows what else was behind some MAJOR MAJOR shedding I've been experiencing lately. My hair was thin to begin with, but with all the shedding, the taper was just ridiculous (to me). Long hair just stopped being fun.

I love how I look in long hair in general, but not in the condition it was in. I was tired of my hair tangling and breaking every time I looked at it (it seemed, my hair is so easily damaged!) I was really feeling like a big change. I've been pondering a large chop for a while now, and decided to do it.

My hair is now juuuuuust above my shoulders and I think it's adorable :D. (I know no pics means it didn't happen but I can't find the camera!) I fully intend on growing it long again in the future, but right now I am just going to relax and enjoy doing all the things I couldn't do before :p. I'm going to use whatever products I feel like, I'm going to use a straight iron when I feel like it! Maybe I'll even get some funky coloured highlights!!! The sky's the limit and I am just going to have fun playing with my hair for a while :p .

I may not be a long hair anymore for a while, but I still love it here so hopefully you wont mind me hanging around :D. I'll post pics as soon as I find the darn camera :rolleyes:

FrannyG
May 15th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Oh, MandaMom2Three, you know by now that "long hair" is a relative term. To someone with a pixie cut, you are at one of their next goal lengths!

Also, just because your hair is shorter doesn't mean you're not a longhair. Being one of us crazy long hair people is a state of mind, really.

I hope that you really enjoy this fresh start, and I hope that the shedding is a thing of the past. Do post those photos when you have a chance. :blossom:

missjessiecakes
May 15th, 2010, 06:58 PM
:grouphug: I am anxiously waiting pictures.

2peasinapod
May 15th, 2010, 07:05 PM
I'm glad you're happy with your hair (that's the most important thing :)). I can't wait to see the pictures!

naomimcc
May 15th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Ok, the last while I've been feeling very down about my hair. I think a combination of poor diet, stress and who knows what else was behind some MAJOR MAJOR shedding I've been experiencing lately. My hair was thin to begin with, but with all the shedding, the taper was just ridiculous (to me). Long hair just stopped being fun.

I love how I look in long hair in general, but not in the condition it was in. I was tired of my hair tangling and breaking every time I looked at it (it seemed, my hair is so easily damaged!) I was really feeling like a big change. I've been pondering a large chop for a while now, and decided to do it.

My hair is now juuuuuust above my shoulders and I think it's adorable :D. (I know no pics means it didn't happen but I can't find the camera!) I fully intend on growing it long again in the future, but right now I am just going to relax and enjoy doing all the things I couldn't do before :p. I'm going to use whatever products I feel like, I'm going to use a straight iron when I feel like it! Maybe I'll even get some funky coloured highlights!!! The sky's the limit and I am just going to have fun playing with my hair for a while :p .

I may not be a long hair anymore for a while, but I still love it here so hopefully you wont mind me hanging around :D. I'll post pics as soon as I find the darn camera :rolleyes:

I'm where you are as well. My hair appointment is set for next Saturday.:cheese: I'm gonna have some fun as well. Eventually I'll go long again...but I'm gonna have some fun first :D I'm chopping from tailbone.

RecklessCharlie
May 15th, 2010, 08:21 PM
It sounds wonderful MandaMom2Three!
I remember when I cut my hair from tailbone length to a shoulder length shag cut. I LOVED it.
Once my hair reaches my goal length I'll probably cut it again.
Enjoy your new hair and have fun with it!!

Shermie Girl
May 15th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Manda, your new hair sounds lovely. I can't wait to see pics :D And you had better stick around! It isn't all about the hair, you know. ;)

Naomimcc, I hope that you will post pics, too. :bluebiggr

*Settling in to wait for pictures.* Anyone like some popcorn? :drama:

rapunzhell13
May 15th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Sounds like a good change for you and of course we all still want you around! :D Can't wait to see pix! I love seeing dramatic changes (as long as the person is happy with it).

Thinthondiel
May 15th, 2010, 10:29 PM
It's great that you're feeling happy about your hair again!

I cut mine a couple of weeks ago, actually, but haven't posted about it here. My hair had reached waist length (I never got around to changing my signature, though), but I had thinned it out too much, so I didn't think it looked good anymore... so into the bathroom I went one night, and chopped it back to... I think it's about APL-ish. I'm much happier with it now, and it feels much freer, not having to worry so much about what I do/don't do to it.

I'm looking forward to seeing your pics, MandaMom2Three. :)

sarahbrownie
May 15th, 2010, 10:39 PM
I'm glad you're happy with the cut. I've read too many times on the "impulse cut" and now it's a complete world-ending event (I've been there too, no judgment here, lol). I felt the same way when I cut my bangs. They're short and I trim them all the time, so maybe I'll put a few streaks in them instead of bleaching all of my head. Kind of expendable, you know? I never got around to it, but yeah, have fun. I would be afriad of just don't over do it if you're hair seems to break easily. :D

Loreley
May 16th, 2010, 01:59 AM
The most important thing is that you are happy with it! :)

Cupofmilk
May 16th, 2010, 04:40 AM
Enjoy your lovely new hair
x

RavennaNight
May 16th, 2010, 06:07 AM
Enjoy the new do! Pics? :D

MandaMom2Three
May 16th, 2010, 06:48 AM
http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww235/MandyTFM/IMG_0056.jpg

I can't believe how much thicker my hair feels now!!! And SOFT!!!!!!!! No more rough ends :p

ETA- I won't be too rough with my hair, I'm hoping that I can maintain this thickness when I grow it back out :D

Xandergrammy
May 16th, 2010, 06:53 AM
Of course we want you to stay. Once a long hair, always a long hair. It's more about attitude than length of the strands. :smooch:

Forever_Sophie
May 16th, 2010, 07:13 AM
I totally understand how you were feeling, and I'm glad you put a lot of thought into the cut first. I can't wait to see your new style! (I happen to like short hair, too :) ).

ETA: Love the new cut! Your hair looks so thick and healthy! You have perfect skin, too!

Fractalsofhair
May 16th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Your haircut looks amazing! It's great you're happy with it as well!

Blueneko
May 16th, 2010, 08:23 AM
You do what you need to do to feel good about your hair and lower your stress levels. It will always grow back! I think you made a good decision given your breakage and shedding issues right now.

girloctopus
May 16th, 2010, 08:28 AM
I like it! It sounds like you were clearly uncomfortable with how it was, and it's great that you're feeling a lot better about it! And enjoy those soft new ends :)

Wanderer09
May 16th, 2010, 08:36 AM
You do look adorable! I'm glad you're pleased with it. :)

GlassEyes
May 16th, 2010, 08:42 AM
:D Just make sure you still stick around. Just because you don't have long hair doesn't mean you can't stay here. XD

Have fun!

Ravenwaves 88
May 16th, 2010, 09:28 AM
You look great! I didn't know you had som much wave....I thought those other wavy pics were just braid waves.

spidermom
May 16th, 2010, 10:07 AM
It DOES look adorable. I think my hair has been just about that length for most of my life.

Ludde
May 16th, 2010, 10:11 AM
No, I don't believe in the longer your hair is the more love you get. :)

Yes, you do look great!

Yozhik
May 16th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Cute cut! I like it :)
You look so serious in the pic, too ;)

2peasinapod
May 16th, 2010, 10:49 AM
You look adorable! I'm impressed with how well your waves behave in the picture - that's one of the worst lengths for mine! Congratulations on the fresh start and happy growing! :)

Peter
May 16th, 2010, 10:52 AM
I think the cut looks nice! :)

RoseRedDead
May 16th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Manda, that is very flattering. :flowers: Enjoy it, and then enjoy growin' it out!

JenniferNoel
May 16th, 2010, 11:53 AM
You look absolutely great in shorter hair. And of course you're always welcome here, regardless of hair length. Enjoy the new 'do!
:grouphug:

beez1717
May 16th, 2010, 05:44 PM
yah keep sticking around :)

on another note I don't get it how ANYONE can like a pixie cut. it's just ugh.... it's almost as bad as a mullet or DIRDY dreads (which is horrible unlike clean dreads which are kick ass)

MandaMom2Three
May 16th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Thank you everybody, I miss the length (I knew I would) but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the thickness!!!! I was just telling hubby (and I've hear it said here too) shorter hair is "cute" long hair is gorgeous, well, as nice as gorgeous sounds, I just wanna be "cute" for a while :p

You look so serious in the pic, too ;)

LOL I WAS serious! I was harping on hubby to STAND UP to take the pick because taking a picture from below eye level makes my face look rounder :p

I'm impressed with how well your waves behave in the picture - that's one of the worst lengths for mine!

Yes my waves are actually SUPER well behaved now! Before, if I brush it....POOF frizz city! Now I can brush as often as I want (with a nice non damaging brush I might add LOL) and my waves just sit so nice :D I wish it would behave like this when LONG!!!

Toadstool
May 16th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Very pretty!

beez1717 on another note I don't get it how ANYONE can like a pixie cut. it's just ugh.... it's almost as bad as a mullet or DIRDY dreads (which is horrible unlike clean dreads which are kick ass)

some people here including me have pixies.(and for all I know mullets). please keep your judgements to yourself.

beez1717
May 16th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Very pretty!

some people here including me have pixies.(and for all I know mullets). please keep your judgements to yourself.

whopsies. sorry about that. that's just my opinion, I didn't mean to offend those people

sigh..... now I feel really bad :(

going gray
May 16th, 2010, 07:23 PM
Your hair looks so shiny, healthy & thick, enjoy this new length.

julya
May 16th, 2010, 08:16 PM
You look really cute with your new cut!

Toadstool
May 16th, 2010, 09:27 PM
whopsies. sorry about that. that's just my opinion, I didn't mean to offend those people

sigh..... now I feel really bad :(

okay gracious apology accepted. you can stop feeling bad now!

Shermie Girl
May 16th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Manda, your new 'do is just adorable. It is flattering to you and your hair looks so thick and shiny and healthy looking. I hope that you are loving it and having fun with it. :bluebiggr

Bonkers57
May 16th, 2010, 09:37 PM
Looking good! :cheese: I cut mine too, almost a month ago and enjoy how much thicker it feels. If you're happy with your hair, then more power to you!

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww235/MandyTFM/IMG_0056.jpg

I can't believe how much thicker my hair feels now!!! And SOFT!!!!!!!! No more rough ends :p

ETA- I won't be too rough with my hair, I'm hoping that I can maintain this thickness when I grow it back out :D

JamieLeigh
May 16th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Well...I SUPPOSE we can forgive you. :p The whole point is that you are enjoying what is YOURS to play with, and grow the way you see fit. :flower: Have fun!

Jessica Trapp
May 16th, 2010, 09:59 PM
Oh, it's cute! Hope you enjoy the new thick ends.

:flower: jes

myrrhmaiden
May 17th, 2010, 05:26 AM
Awh! You look totally adorable with this cut. No wonder you love it. <3 Your ends will definitely thank you later. I'm glad you had such a positive outcome. :)

Tressie
May 17th, 2010, 06:13 AM
Hey Girl! You'd better not go anywhere! I think you hair looks gorgeous (o:

E.T.A. I fogot to say that I really LIKE your glasses too! (o:

MandaMom2Three
May 17th, 2010, 11:17 AM
I really LIKE your glasses too! (o:

Thanks :D . I even have hairsticks that match! I can still tuck them into sock buns :D

little_acorn
May 17th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Amanda it looks really cute - have fun with it for a while and then enjoy growing it out again if you want to :D

Unzadi
May 17th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Looks lovely - very classy retro with an edge.

ItalianFlower
May 17th, 2010, 12:48 PM
It looks so cute! I love it! :D And now you know how to take care of your hair, so it'll grow out twice as healthy and beautiful. :D

Unofficial_Rose
May 17th, 2010, 12:49 PM
You look lovely! Someone used the word 'classy' and that is right. :)

MandaMom2Three
May 17th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Awwww thank you all :o , you're the best :grouphug:

little_cherry
May 17th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Manda, it's gorgeous! :D Glad that you're happy with it!

Sammich
May 17th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Wow, it is indeed very classy. Glad you love it! You're always welcome here. :D

Henrietta
May 18th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Come on, of course we still love you:) And you look fantastic with your new hair. Enjoy it!