PDA

View Full Version : I am not leaving the house for two days

Jean Stuart
May 15th, 2010, 04:56 PM
My Children are both running very high fevers:pray:. I decided that since we will not be leaving the house to completly saturate my hair with coconut oil and leave it in for the duration of our confinement. My question is, Am I making a mistake?

AmericanWoman
May 15th, 2010, 05:05 PM
No. But don't put so much on it's going to be hard to get out. A couple tbs at most. Most of it will be absorbed by the time you're ready to wash. Aim for a not-so-greasy look.

clichepithet
May 15th, 2010, 05:14 PM
Nah. Oil it, braid/bun it, throw a 'kerchief over it and greasies be darned. When you're ready to have a wash day, coat heavily in conditioner for at least an hour before washing as usual, and be sure to rinse extra-well. I've done that one before, too. Hope your wee ones are well soon.

Jean Stuart
May 15th, 2010, 05:26 PM
thanks guys. I hope so too I am getting a bit worried.

Sissy
May 15th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Nah. Oil it, braid/bun it, throw a 'kerchief over it and greasies be darned. When you're ready to have a wash day, coat heavily in conditioner for at least an hour before washing as usual, and be sure to rinse extra-well. I've done that one before, too. Hope your wee ones are well soon.

yeah, applying conditioner heavily is a great way to get oil out. I think it's fine to do it. However, for me personally I wouldn't use coconut oil for this purpose as my hair doesn't always agree with it.

Jessica Trapp
May 15th, 2010, 06:00 PM
I think that is a cool and creative use of home confinement. Let us know how it turns out.

jes

PS I hope your kids feel better soon.

Carolyn
May 15th, 2010, 06:46 PM
You might as well make the best of it and treat your hair. I've left EVOO and coconut oil in for 2 days. I CO it out with VO5 or WR conditioner. My hair loves it.

EtherealOde
May 15th, 2010, 07:17 PM
Awwww, poor kiddies. :( I hope your hair comes out nice and soft after you wash the oil out!

Rapunzal2Be
May 15th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Hope your kids feel better soon!

I soak my hair in coconut oil overnight and then leave it for the rest of the day if I'm not going out, and my hair always seems to love it. I have no problems then washing it out (CWC with diluted shampoo).

Honestly, whenever I have some time when I know I'm not going out, I've got *something* on my head! LOL

eezepeeze
May 15th, 2010, 07:22 PM
I've done that before, when I was home sick, myself. My hair loves it. I hope your kids feel better soon. :)

pennylane
May 15th, 2010, 07:47 PM
You might as well make the best of it and treat your hair. I've left EVOO and coconut oil in for 2 days. I CO it out with VO5 or WR conditioner. My hair loves it.

Carolyn hi! , would you please tell me how you do the EVOO and coconut oil please? (mix and application)

Thank you Carolyn! :)

ravenreed
May 15th, 2010, 08:33 PM
I have to be careful with coconut oil overnight. It seems to make my scalp break out. I have done better with camellia oil. I just got some rosemary oil that I am planning to add to my next scalp oiling.

jera
May 16th, 2010, 01:13 AM
Ooo, I hope your kids will be okay. I can't advise on wearing coconut oil for 48 hrs straight because I've never done that. I'm one of the people whose scalp would break out or get clogged hair follicles. :justy:

Cupofmilk
May 16th, 2010, 04:49 AM
Hope your children feel better soon

I use coconut oil all the time as a conditioner - I wash CO day one and put coconutoil on day two and CO wash day 3 and repeat

Jean Stuart
May 17th, 2010, 06:43 AM
My children are doing better. my daughter was well enough for school but my son needs anotherday of rest. The first day my daughter was sick she spent the day in bed feverish and sweaty, so when she was up and about the next day her hair was so knotty it was almost dreads. I latherd her up with coconut oil and worked the knots out. I also massaged her scalp with it and kept the oil in all day and aver night too. I then loaded us both up with conditioner and let that soak in for a few hours. During my shower I left the sink water on and flooded the bathroom but our hair was silky smooth and soft. I took pics of my hair down and of her hair in a sock bun. We had a ton of fun playing with our hair.

clichepithet
May 17th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Glad to hear they're doing better. At least you got to try and squeeze in some Mommy and DD time with the coconut oil despite the circumstances. I'm sure the added attention helped her feel better, too. So, yay! despite the flooded bathroom. :)