PDA

View Full Version : Seven days until the big chop...and I'm okay with it :D

naomimcc
May 15th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Okay as some of you know I've been battling back and forth on cutting my hair for about two years. I even had an opportunity to head to the Tyra Show for a makeover episode however with the show not being renewed for another season, it's not going to happen.

So...the appointment has been made for May 22. I'm going from tailbone to chin. I figure go big or go home. (as well I sold my hair to a wig company for a certain amount of length.)

So 22 inches is coming off leaving me with hair about an inch or so below my chin. I'm actually quite excited about it. I am going to grow it out again however. Cuz...well...why not? :D

I want to thank everyone here for their opinions and support on this issue. I'll still pop on now and then to check in, but in the meantime I'm gonna enjoy my new do.

BTW...Igor...you friend requested me on Facebook and I accidentally hit ignore :o Please friend me again!

Dreams_in_Pink
May 15th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Tailbone to chin...wow :D I'm sure you thought of it thoroughly, otherwise you wouldn't have made the decision. I hope you'll remain happy with it after it's done as well. Even if you don't, you can always grow it again :) What matters is your happiness ;)

ETA: Will you keep the hair that was cut? I mean, as a braid or ponytail?

Roseate
May 15th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Oh, enjoy! Soon before joining LHC I chopped from hip to chin, I had been planning it for a while and I didn't regret it. Have fun with your new 'do!

Svenja
May 15th, 2010, 09:40 AM
You must be v sure to do a step like this. I hope it's the right one. All the best for you!

madisenz
May 15th, 2010, 09:46 AM
How exciting! Enjoy your new hair!

beachlover
May 15th, 2010, 09:59 AM
At least your not making a decision based on a whim like I did. Sounds like you're really excited and ready for something new!!! Can't wait to see the pics of the new do!! Have fun and enjoy your day!

Peter
May 15th, 2010, 10:07 AM
Good to know you're feeling good about it. Your hair is awesome and I'm sure you'll enjoy growing it out again. Be sure to post pictures! :D

DakarNick
May 15th, 2010, 03:12 PM
+1 for before and after pics!

Going to do a pb style bob or a blunt bob?

FrannyG
May 15th, 2010, 03:37 PM
I may be going against the grain, but I'm so excited for you! I know that you've thought this through, and of course you know that you will grow it out again with ease. I'll bet you'll feel as light as a feather.

I also would love to see before and after photos.

Do you have a photo of the cut that you want?

I hope that just because you'll have shorter hair it doesn't mean that you won't share your wisdom with us from time to time. After all, this place is about our personal goals and hair care, not having the longest hair. :blossom:

lemonlife
May 15th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Oh. Enjoy the short hair! It's such fun to have every once in a while

naomimcc
May 15th, 2010, 07:15 PM
of course this also means the swap board is gonna have some great stuff coming up on it :P

kwaniesiam
May 15th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Congrats, I can't wait to see pictures and I hope you love the cut!

Bethie
May 15th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Congrats on your appointment. I can't wait to see your before and after pics.

ravenreed
May 15th, 2010, 08:23 PM
I have chopped my hair off and not regretted it. Sometimes change is a good thing.

French Braider
May 15th, 2010, 08:32 PM
I am planning to cut my tailbone length hair from either chin to APL, depending on what I feel. I don't know when but I am looking forward to it.

Debra83
May 15th, 2010, 09:41 PM
of course this also means the swap board is gonna have some great stuff coming up on it :P
:cheese: I'll be watching!!!

manderly
May 15th, 2010, 11:19 PM
How exciting!!! Please share before and after photos with us!!! :D

kelly-j
May 15th, 2010, 11:36 PM
wow, that´s a big step to take, but it really sounds that you´ve thought it over and are determined to do it.
I really hope you´ll enjoy your new do and of course we want to see pics.

Loreley
May 16th, 2010, 02:06 AM
I hope you will be happy with the new cut! I'm looking forward to the before/after photos! :drama:

Cupofmilk
May 16th, 2010, 04:30 AM
How exciting. I think it;s great you're doing something with the hair too.

Forever_Sophie
May 16th, 2010, 07:25 AM
I hope you like the new cut! It's a fun length, I've had mine there more than once.

naomimcc
May 16th, 2010, 09:22 AM
A friend of mine is a photographer...he's gonna try to come and do some shots of the process if he can get away from work :D Should be fun!

otherarrow
May 16th, 2010, 12:20 PM
A friend of mine is a photographer...he's gonna try to come and do some shots of the process if he can get away from work :D Should be fun!

Wow really cool! I can't wait to see the transformation!:cheese:

JenniferNoel
May 16th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Exciting! Sometimes big changes are really just... great. I'm very sure that you will love chin length. I've been there. It's a cool length, you can do a lot with it. Enjoy it while it's nice and short! :cool:

McFearless
May 16th, 2010, 09:44 PM
You sound 100% sure of yourself so good for you! Post photos after :)

DakarNick
May 23rd, 2010, 10:19 AM
Well? How did it go?!

spidermom
May 23rd, 2010, 11:36 AM
I stopped in hoping to see the result. Pictures please!

eiwonob
May 23rd, 2010, 12:36 PM
I did the same once ago, I've gone from hip to chin and maintened chin for 2 years, I loved the feeling and result. Best wishes and enjoy the new do! ^^

little_cherry
May 23rd, 2010, 01:09 PM
Wow...that's a huge step! How did it go, by the way? I'm also excited to see the before/after shots! :)

Dreams_in_Pink
May 23rd, 2010, 01:26 PM
:soapbox: We demand pictures!

feralnature
May 23rd, 2010, 11:33 PM
waiting on pics :)

DakarNick
May 26th, 2010, 05:18 PM
She did it!

spidermom
May 26th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Fabulous photos Dakar. Now waiting for pictures of the new style, naomimcc.

DakarNick
May 26th, 2010, 06:24 PM
Fabulous photos Dakar. Now waiting for pictures of the new style, naomimcc.

Haha, oops. I was working on a ride report for my motorcycle message board at the same time! Guess I need to remember what I copy before I paste! I meant to post this:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showpost.php?p=1105727&postcount=43

spidermom
May 26th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Now it all makes sense.

Fiferstone
May 26th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Well, it is a cute bob, and blunt is the best for growing out from. It looks good on you and I am glad you're happy with it.

TiaKitty
May 26th, 2010, 07:29 PM
I'm curious, as always. How much did a wig company pay you? Do they pay by the inch of length or some other measurement?

fairytalegirl
May 26th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Very cute! It will be great for the summer too.

naomimcc
May 26th, 2010, 08:17 PM
I'm curious, as always. How much did a wig company pay you? Do they pay by the inch of length or some other measurement?

The company paid me $1,400. I got confirmation from them yesterday that a check is in the (registered) mail. :cheese:

I have some photos...I'll post 'em as soon as I download 'em :P

You'll all just have to wait!!!

Tap Dancer
May 27th, 2010, 07:21 AM
The company paid me $1,400. I got confirmation from them yesterday that a check is in the (registered) mail. :cheese:

I have some photos...I'll post 'em as soon as I download 'em :P

You'll all just have to wait!!!
Whoa, I'd cut my hair in a heartbeat for $1400! Nice!

Looking forward to the pics. :)

Bonkers57
May 27th, 2010, 07:34 AM
I haven't regretted my cut either. I believe it suits me better - at least for the time being.

I have chopped my hair off and not regretted it. Sometimes change is a good thing.