PDA

View Full Version : Hair rut? Challenge to wear hair a different way every day for two weeks.

Jessica Trapp
May 14th, 2010, 05:04 PM
I've kinda been in a hair rut... wearing my mop the same way every day for...uhh... months. :p I was thinking about doing a challenge to wear my hair a different way every day for a couple of weeks. Anyone want to join? Maybe people might post photos. (I love :inlove:hair photos!)

:) jes

Jessica Trapp
May 14th, 2010, 05:05 PM
argh! I posted this in the wrong place. I meant to post it on the mane forum. Is there a way for me to delete it?

jes, the dork

Jessica Trapp
May 15th, 2010, 08:00 AM
I think two weeks was entirely too industrious for my tired brain, so maybe just one.

Anyway: Day 1 was a french braid. How did everyone else wear their hair today?

And... a question... whenever I french braid my hair, I get a funny twist in it from where I pull it over my shoulder. Any tips on how to prevent that?

:flower: jes

loralie
May 15th, 2010, 10:18 AM
I think that funny twist is from switching from braiding on the back of your head to braiding in front of your shoulder... I get it too but find that if I start the french, get to that point and pull the rest of the hair from the back to the front, then unravel the braid a knot or two and rebraid it tightly, pulling in the direction I want the braid to lay. Otherwise I get a weird bump!

I really need to try this, I'm a washday-down, every other day lazy bun type person.

Jessica Trapp
May 15th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Today I asked my husband to braid it from the nape down (I :inlove: my hair-compatible mate.) and it laid more flat. It was still a little twisted, but I think that is from being rumpled from yesterday's braid.

Thank you for the tip, loralie. I will try that.

I also have wondered if bending at the waist and braiding it over my head might work. H'mmmmm.

:flower: jes