PDA

View Full Version : sad about losing 3" on a trim

Xan
May 13th, 2010, 02:54 PM
I was at 43 1/2" but I hadn't trimmed in over a year and it needed it plus it grew in a little crooked. I was just about tailbone too. Back to 40 1/2 I just wish I didn't take so much off when I want to grow it much longer. Am I over reacting or do you think I will be better off in the long run. Hoping three inches grows quick and many more, next time I am taking 1/2" tops and that won't be for a while.

Capybara
May 13th, 2010, 03:02 PM
The great thing about hair is that it grows back :D Don't be too hard on yourself.

Although I've never seen any scientific evidence that trimming your hair regularly makes it grow faster, I've always noticed a growth spurt after a trim. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :flowers:

spidermom
May 13th, 2010, 03:26 PM
It will be fine. The length is likely to be back before you get used to dealing with the new, shorter length. I always get a growth spurt following a substantial trim. Kind of weird, but with a 1/2" trim, my hair keeps growing at the same rate. With 2 inches or more, my hair shoots out of my scalp like a rocket. Well, not quite that fast. But fast.

Euphony
May 13th, 2010, 03:55 PM
If I didn't trim so much my hair would be much longer than it is. But if I didn't trim so much, my hair would drive me crazy with split ends, broken hairs, velcro ends etc. So I trim, it grows, I trim, it grows - been doing it since bsl and it still works ;)

AgnesONutter
May 13th, 2010, 03:59 PM
Better to trim as much as needed, and have less tangles, splits and so on than to cling to every millimetre and battle with hair that is in need of a trim. Afterall, as we all know, nothing but a cut will truly take care of permanently damaged hair. I'm sure the 3" will grow back in no time, especially since summer is now coming and I find my hair grows much faster in the summer.

Xan
May 13th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Thanks everyone it does feel healthier and the hemline is thicker.

Jessica Trapp
May 13th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Hugs. But it will grow back healthy and strong. :flower:

EtherealOde
May 13th, 2010, 11:10 PM
I bet by the end of summer that 3 inches will be back. My hair grows faster during the warm season too.