PDA

View Full Version : Lurker from Alaska

ptnicole
May 13th, 2010, 11:51 AM
I've finally joined after lurking here for a while. I'm going for waist or longer. Thank you to everyone on this site for the info, encouragement and great tips.

Here is a pic of where I'm at now. I have lots of layers...I do like them and would like to keep them as I grow (v-shape cut). They need some TLC for sure. New wash routine is CWC day one, then CO for 2-3 days, then CWC. So far so good. My canopy is a bit fluffy at the moment. Highlights need to grow out...no more of that, which I'm fine with...natural color is dirty dishwatery! Had a good trim about a month ago. Have S&D'd since then and did a micro trim on very bottom. I used to blow dry, curl or flatiron maybe once a week. But as of last week, all heating applicances are gone :cheese:! WIth all the layers, it's hard to put hair up....I french and dutch braid it lots, invested in 3 ficarres (can't wait to get them...I think they will be perfect), and wear headbands. I am not fond of ponytails.

I take multi-vitamin, biotin, MSM, and kelp.

So I am off and running. Summer is here in Alaska so it will be easy to ignore my hair and let it grow!

Theobroma
May 13th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Welcome, and happy growing! Your hair looks beautiful in your avatar, with a lovely full hemline. You're off to a great start!

Trixie33
May 13th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Hello and Welcome from another newbie.