PDA

View Full Version : A little bit of cheating....I need opinions!

Maddy25
May 13th, 2010, 06:09 AM
So I was very down about my hair and I know it sounds silly, but I felt out of place dressing up and going out dancing with
my friends with this gross growing out pixie, it just made me feel gross....so I cheated.

I'm sorry there are so many photos, but I wanted to show you every angle because I want everyones honest oppinion on if you think it looks good enough to wear out. I havent yet because I'm kind of nervous, I don't want to embarass myself if it looks silly. Also, this is a synthetic wig but not a costume one, I bought it at a high-end wig shop and it was pretty expensive @_@

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n296/addie2525/Photo1173.jpg

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n296/addie2525/Photo1183.jpg

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n296/addie2525/Photo1177.jpg

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n296/addie2525/Photo1188.jpg

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n296/addie2525/Photo1167.jpg

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n296/addie2525/Photo1175.jpg

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n296/addie2525/Photo1185.jpg

for the record for those who don't know me, my hair is usually this
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n296/addie2525/Photo1156.jpg

Heavenly Locks
May 13th, 2010, 06:11 AM
From the photos, I wouldn't have guessed "WIG!!" unless you told :) It looks great on you!

Maddy25
May 13th, 2010, 06:13 AM
From the photos, I wouldn't have guessed "WIG!!" unless you told :) It looks great on you!

aw thank you!!! I really want to wear it out but now I'm nervous, I thought it was awesome until my DBF said he didn't like it :shrug:

FrannyG
May 13th, 2010, 06:13 AM
I think it's lovely. You could go anywhere in that wig. Really beautiful!

Carolyn
May 13th, 2010, 06:16 AM
If you hadn't told us you were wearing a wig, I never would have guessed it. I think you look great. If the wig makes you feel better about how you look when going out, then go for it. You are going to look awesome with long hair.

alwayssmiling
May 13th, 2010, 06:18 AM
I actually think you REALLY suit your pixie, it works well with your face and I love your glasses. But OMG that wig looks absolutely fantatastic!

Doesn't look like a wig at all, I thought maybe you had some hair extentions or something. Like you say, its great for a night out when you want a different look. It certainly doesn't look silly, in fact you've got me thinking.......I bought some clip in hair extentions and I found them too fiddly getting them to look natural, this might be a great alternative for me.

FrannyG
May 13th, 2010, 06:18 AM
We posted at the same time, so I didn't see your post about DBF's reaction. Honestly, it looks great. Some people can't get used to change, especially in their loved ones, that's all. There's nothing about the wig that doesn't look good.

I think DBF just likes the way you look as you are. I'd take that as a compliment, and wear the wig anyway. Just tell him that you want a bit of fun with your look. I don't think he can argue with that and he'll adapt. :blossom:

cybernetica
May 13th, 2010, 06:19 AM
It looks nice to me, so dose your natural hair so go with you feel most comfortable with. Nothing is more sexy then a confident woman!
Have a good time dancing.

rapunzhell13
May 13th, 2010, 06:19 AM
The colour, length, bangs all look great on you and the wig itself doesn't look cheap and nasty. Go for it! :thumbsup:

MonikaHa
May 13th, 2010, 06:25 AM
Girl, don't give me ideas!!

Looks awsome!

Theobroma
May 13th, 2010, 06:26 AM
I second what everyone else has been saying. I'd NEVER have guessed that was a wig, and both the style and the colour look great on you.

That said, I realise your growing-out pixie isn't the look you want, but just for the record: it is most certainly not gross either! You look lovely either way.

Sarahmoon
May 13th, 2010, 06:27 AM
It looks awesome. I think you should consider doing your bangs like that when your hair is longer :)

Maddy25
May 13th, 2010, 06:33 AM
Thank you so much everyone! So sweet :) I'm feeling better about it allready, cant wait to wear it out!

We posted at the same time, so I didn't see your post about DBF's reaction. Honestly, it looks great. Some people can't get used to change, especially in their loved ones, that's all. There's nothing about the wig that doesn't look good.

I think DBF just likes the way you look as you are. I'd take that as a compliment, and wear the wig anyway. Just tell him that you want a bit of fun with your look. I don't think he can argue with that and he'll adapt. :blossom:

Yes I'm sure you're right, he likes me the way I am and would prefer me to be happy the way I am, but changing it up sometimes is super fun!

It looks nice to me, so dose your natural hair so go with you feel most comfortable with. Nothing is more sexy then a confident woman!
Have a good time dancing.

Girl, don't give me ideas!!

Looks awsome!

Thank you!!

I second what everyone else has been saying. I'd NEVER have guessed that was a wig, and both the style and the colour look great on you.

That said, I realise your growing-out pixie isn't the look you want, but just for the record: it is most certainly not gross either! You look lovely either way.

Merci! The pixie isnt bad, I just don't feel very pretty or girly at all with it :( I think once it is long enough to cover my ears I will like it a lot better!

It looks awesome. I think you should consider doing your bangs like that when your hair is longer :)

If my hair is thick enough to have bangs like that I will for sure!!!

cindy58
May 13th, 2010, 06:50 AM
I think it's REALLY cute! I would make that look a real life goal for sure.

Maybe your boyfriend said he didn't like it because he doesn't want competition for your attention.

hmmm
May 13th, 2010, 07:00 AM
Wow! The wig looks gorgeous on you! Although I love your pixie too, you're very pretty. Don't worry about what your bf said, he's probably just used to seeing you in your pixie, like someone else already said.

Heidi_234
May 13th, 2010, 07:20 AM
Even if you end up not wearing it, this wig shows you you have definitely something to look farward to, and maybe keep the must-change-hair bug away, because it suits you so well!

Pixna
May 13th, 2010, 07:21 AM
That is an exceptionally lovely wig -- I never would have guessed! What it does is show how feminine, beautiful, and HOT you're going to be when your hair gets longer. Don't get me wrong -- your pixie looks really cute on you. But, WOW, long hair is going to be SMASHING!!!

Bianca
May 13th, 2010, 07:24 AM
You look absolutely beautiful. And I would never have guessed that it was a wig... Go for it :p

naereid
May 13th, 2010, 07:25 AM
:thud:

You are so beautiful. And that wig is so beautiful. And the combination is fantastic. You go out and rock that wig!

Lykaios
May 13th, 2010, 07:31 AM
I thought it was totally natural but then I remembered your hair was short. I love it! (I don't know what your DB was thinking :P )

GRU
May 13th, 2010, 07:34 AM
I'm just going to say "ditto" to every single compliment above... from one redhead to another, you go girl!!!

ohiofritty
May 13th, 2010, 07:38 AM
I really think it looks great! love the bangs too :D

BattahZ
May 13th, 2010, 07:47 AM
It looks great! Perfectly natural on you. Honestly, your boyfriend probably just reacted that way because you looked so different so quickly. My husband gets weirded out when I do anything very different with my look than what he's used to, but after it sinks in, THEN he'll give genuine compliments. Give him time :)

You really look gorgeous with it! And with the pixie - you're one of those lucky women who can probably wear her hair at any length and look fabulous!

Maddy25
May 13th, 2010, 07:49 AM
I think it's REALLY cute! I would make that look a real life goal for sure.

Maybe your boyfriend said he didn't like it because he doesn't want competition for your attention.

I think I will make this a goal for the future :) I really like the colour too of the wig, it's a darker more brownish red which I think might be easier to match to clothes rather than the orange I have now.

That is an exceptionally lovely wig -- I never would have guessed! What it does is show how feminine, beautiful, and HOT you're going to be when your hair gets longer. Don't get me wrong -- your pixie looks really cute on you. But, WOW, long hair is going to be SMASHING!!!

Wow thank you so much!!! Hair makes such a huge difference eh! I love it too <3

You look absolutely beautiful. And I would never have guessed that it was a wig... Go for it :p

yay thank you :) I'm glad it is undetectable! I can't wait to wear it out to the bar with the girls haha.

:thud:

You are so beautiful. And that wig is so beautiful. And the combination is fantastic. You go out and rock that wig!

wow! Thank you! I would never say I'm beautiful ever, I always feel gross but you are a sweetheart!

Calaelen
May 13th, 2010, 07:52 AM
the wig is gorgeous, I thought you were showing us some awesome new growth. :) It look so good on you.
Also, WAY off topic, but has anyone ever told you you look a lot like Jennifer Morrison aka Cameron from "House"? You do, even more so with long hair.

moominhapa
May 13th, 2010, 08:04 AM
What a great idea! It looks so real. Now you can see what you're working towards (though the pixie does look really nice too).

And don't say you always feel gross--you're gorgeous! You should get that into your head. :)

GlassEyes
May 13th, 2010, 08:06 AM
It looks great!

And so does the pixie, honestly. o-o It's pretty.

Edit: And wow, you DO look like Cameron from house. o-o

jackiesjottings
May 13th, 2010, 08:21 AM
I think it looks fab and I would never have guessed it was a wig either.

Maddy25
May 13th, 2010, 08:27 AM
the wig is gorgeous, I thought you were showing us some awesome new growth. :) It look so good on you.
Also, WAY off topic, but has anyone ever told you you look a lot like Jennifer Morrison aka Cameron from "House"? You do, even more so with long hair.

Wow thank you! I've never heard that one before but it is a great compliment because I really like Cameron from house!!

What a great idea! It looks so real. Now you can see what you're working towards (though the pixie does look really nice too).

And don't say you always feel gross--you're gorgeous! You should get that into your head. :)

Thank you hehe, and thanks to everyone for the support on the wig! I'm so glad you all think it looks nice :D They had a lot of wigs that looks so awesome! I wish I could afford more haha.

SimplyViki
May 13th, 2010, 08:33 AM
*snip*Honestly, your boyfriend probably just reacted that way because you looked so different so quickly. My husband gets weirded out when I do anything very different with my look than what he's used to, but after it sinks in, THEN he'll give genuine compliments. Give him time :)*snip*
:agree: That's what I think it probably is. Lots of men seem to react that way to significant, sudden changes in their wife's/girlfriend's appearance.

It looks really great, by the way, as everybody else has said. :thumbsup:

chopandchange
May 13th, 2010, 08:48 AM
I think it looks really real! :thumbsup:

Slightly off-topic: I know you've been told before that you resemble Kirsten Dunst (I remember reading this in the Celebrity Lookalike thread).

You look SOOOOOOO like her in these pics!

Do you ever get stopped in the street and asked for your autograph?

melrose1985
May 13th, 2010, 08:52 AM
That looks SOOOO natural on you.. I wouldn't have known it was fake.

I love that last picture... The cut is very cute on you and i love the glasses. I know you live really far away from where i am, but what brand are they? I have been wanting to get a kind like that.

jivete
May 13th, 2010, 08:56 AM
I love the wig. You'll be out at, I assume, a dark bar, so it'll be even harder for people to tell. I will warn you, dancing in a wig is tough. They get super hot. but I think you look great!

Fethenwen
May 13th, 2010, 08:57 AM
AAah! That is so gorgeous! :applause: It looks very real, don't worry about that part. I must say that long hair suits you tremendously.

Cupofmilk
May 13th, 2010, 09:04 AM
I thought you were misha barton in a couple of those wig pics. Love it and love the pixie too

Peter
May 13th, 2010, 09:07 AM
It looks completely real to me. I wasn't even able to tell it was a wig. :)

anrems
May 13th, 2010, 09:14 AM
Ditto to what everyone else has said, that wig looks great on you! The color and length are quite pretty! :)

Maybe your bf just needs time to get used to the wig, since it is kind of a drastic change. I'm sure he'll come around once he sees you in it a couple times!

Tap Dancer
May 13th, 2010, 09:23 AM
It sure doesn't look like a wig to me. Great choice! :thumbsup: And if it makes you feel pretty, that's the most important thing! :)

Sylvanas
May 13th, 2010, 09:33 AM
I think it looks beautiful, and not like a wig at all! :)
Well, except for the pic where you're wearing a headband. It could suggest you're wearing a wig because the size of your head (with the wig on) becomes so much more obvious with a headband on. I have two wigs myself, and I can wear them with the hair loose, or braided - but as soon as I try to put a hairband, headband or scarf on, it just looks fake.

spidermom
May 13th, 2010, 09:35 AM
I like it.

adiapalic
May 13th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Wow! At first I thought it might have been an old picture of your before-hair or something, until you said it was actually a wig. It looks really natural on you--I think it definitely looks good enough to wear out. :flower:

ccaswick
May 13th, 2010, 09:45 AM
I say wear it and let us know how it goes.

kelly-j
May 13th, 2010, 09:48 AM
It looks very real and it really suits you. Love the color. You can definitely go out dancing in that!

Maddy25
May 13th, 2010, 09:48 AM
I think it looks really real! :thumbsup:

Slightly off-topic: I know you've been told before that you resemble Kirsten Dunst (I remember reading this in the Celebrity Lookalike thread).

You look SOOOOOOO like her in these pics!

Do you ever get stopped in the street and asked for your autograph?

haha thank you, I never get asked for autographs but people do stop me sometimes and tell me I look a lot like her. I live in a small town so maybe if I was in the city it would be more believable I was her haha.

That looks SOOOO natural on you.. I wouldn't have known it was fake.

I love that last picture... The cut is very cute on you and i love the glasses. I know you live really far away from where i am, but what brand are they? I have been wanting to get a kind like that.

Thank you, the glasses are actually my boyfriends! We got them at costco, I can check the brand when I get home, they are boy glasses but I love them!

I love the wig. You'll be out at, I assume, a dark bar, so it'll be even harder for people to tell. I will warn you, dancing in a wig is tough. They get super hot. but I think you look great!

I agree, it is rather hot but I would rather look good than be comfy sometimes haha.

I think it looks beautiful, and not like a wig at all! :)
Well, except for the pic where you're wearing a headband. It could suggest you're wearing a wig because the size of your head (with the wig on) becomes so much more obvious with a headband on. I have two wigs myself, and I can wear them with the hair loose, or braided - but as soon as I try to put a hairband, headband or scarf on, it just looks fake.

I agree, wigs are tough with accessories sometimes, although if I do a half up with this it seems to look good :)

Thank you to everyone else for all the compliments!

GoddesJourney
May 13th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Are you kidding? It looks really good! I would never have guessed it was a wig. The bangs look good on you, by the way.

x0h_bother
May 13th, 2010, 10:37 AM
It looks so natural! Especially the bangs. I would never have guessed!

Loreley
May 13th, 2010, 10:50 AM
I couldn't tell it wasn't natural! :D

melrose1985
May 13th, 2010, 10:59 AM
<SNIP>
Thank you, the glasses are actually my boyfriends! We got them at costco, I can check the brand when I get home, they are boy glasses but I love them!

YOU ARE MY HERO! I would get glasses from costco anyways because they are much cheaper for me, which is where my last pair was from, But you dont have to look up the brand, our costco doesnt stock anything, only whats on the wall. I will have to pop in and take a look now!

Maddy25
May 13th, 2010, 11:03 AM
YOU ARE MY HERO! I would get glasses from costco anyways because they are much cheaper for me, which is where my last pair was from, But you dont have to look up the brand, our costco doesnt stock anything, only whats on the wall. I will have to pop in and take a look now!

Good luck! They were on the wall when I was there, in the guys section, they are not the narrow thick black frames you usually find, these ones are more of a square than a rectangle, not a perfect square ahaha, they are still a rectangle...just not short and narrow, if that makes sense?

ArienEllariel
May 13th, 2010, 11:08 AM
That's a wig?? I never would have guessed! I love it. :D

redneckprincess
May 13th, 2010, 11:08 AM
told you on FB...looks GREAT and real!!! I love wearing my BSL+ wig out

serious
May 13th, 2010, 11:23 AM
It doesn't look like a wig at all, go for it, you look great!

Holly9192
May 13th, 2010, 11:37 AM
looks amazing! but u also pull off short hair very well (tho its obviously not ppl's goals around here lol)

Liss
May 13th, 2010, 11:38 AM
I adore that hair colour on you and the style is so lovely. I wouldn't have guessed it was a wig because it suits you so perfectly. I wasn't too keen on the headband though. (sorry).

Aliped
May 13th, 2010, 11:53 AM
It looks absolutely fantastc, not wiggy at all!

little_cherry
May 13th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Wow, that's a lovely wig! It looks fantastic on you!! ^_^

Lady Mary
May 13th, 2010, 11:57 AM
I like it, it looks pretty real. I would suggest though, don't wear a headband. People use the headband trick a lot with wigs, I think it might give it away.

growing2shine
May 13th, 2010, 12:07 PM
It really looks great on you. It looks very natural and BEAUTIFUL!
And by the way your chihuahua is totally cute. My mom has one that looks very similar to yours.

girloctopus
May 13th, 2010, 01:27 PM
I like it! The color and everything looks very natural. I don't see it as cheating, because it's fun to switch it up on occasion!

jennifermarie12
May 13th, 2010, 02:06 PM
I think it looks absolutely wonderful, the color really suits your eyes. You should wear it, everybody deserves to have a little fun every now and then.

Meagan
May 13th, 2010, 02:07 PM
It looks real to me!I like it.

Capybara
May 13th, 2010, 02:34 PM
I think the wig looks great!

Your boyfriend is probably just not used to seeing you with long hair :) The pixie looks great, and it's what he's used to seeing you in, so I can understand why he'd be a bit hesitant about liking the wig at first.

Personally, I think it looks really natural. I especially like the bangs!

ChrissieM
May 13th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Gorgeous!!! Great style and color on you, too.

goodenough
May 13th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Men are weird-don't listen to him! You go out and have a good time.

annie09
May 13th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Thats just gorgous, no other word for it i've always fancied getting a wig, great that you can change your look for how you feel or the ocassion.

vintersaga
May 13th, 2010, 02:50 PM
It's suits you very well and you look very very beautiful in the wig. :) I have also had plans on getting me a wig, but I've decided not to do it. But I fully understand you. I wish you a great evening/night and that you have really fun in your beautiful "new hair"! :flower:

princessp
May 13th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Wow, what a great wig! It looks excellent on you!

Blandine
May 13th, 2010, 03:07 PM
I like it, too!

Cleopatra18
May 13th, 2010, 03:10 PM
wow looks amazing,the colour suits you perfectly.

lastnite
May 13th, 2010, 03:11 PM
looks pretty to me. looks natural too, I just glanced at the first photo before reading and I thought it was your real hair and your side pic was before you grew it, heheh.

MaryQ
May 13th, 2010, 03:33 PM
I would have never guessed you had a wig, it looks great! You're very pretty with your hair either way, go out and have fun!

rach
May 13th, 2010, 03:36 PM
wow you can do any look brilliantly !!!!
defiantly fooled me with the wig. Wigs are fun :D

Bethie
May 13th, 2010, 03:52 PM
If you hadn't said that it was a wig, then I never would have guessed. It looks lovely on you.

jeanniet
May 13th, 2010, 04:08 PM
I think you are going to be absolutely beautiful with long hair. The wig looks awesome on you!

MissMandyElizab
May 13th, 2010, 04:17 PM
I would never had known if you hadn't told!!!

ButterCream
May 13th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Wow, cool wig that reeeeeeally looks good!
And to repeat what others here have said: If you haven`t mentioned it was I wig I hadn`t been able to tell!!:agape:

pennyroyal
May 13th, 2010, 05:07 PM
what everyone else has said...you look great with short or long hair & your wig is very impressive!

madisenz
May 13th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Your hair will look gorgeous when it is long! I love the wig, you can definitely wear it anywhere.

xovictoryxo
May 13th, 2010, 06:11 PM
you look fabulous!! very realistic!!

AnitaThorn
May 13th, 2010, 06:12 PM
It looks so natural! I love the 5th picture. ^^

Kalyca
May 13th, 2010, 06:25 PM
wow, it looks REAL. my thoughts when seeing it didn't scream wig at all. i thought maybe it was hair extensions. if you feel confident in it then you should definitely wear it!

ItalianFlower
May 13th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Wow! The wig looks GREAT! I look at the pictures first, then at the post itself in threads like this...totally didn't know it was a wig. Man it looks EXCELLENT. You look like some actress but I can't place which...anyways, it looks GREAT on you.

atlantaz3
May 13th, 2010, 06:44 PM
I think you look really cute with the wig. From the pictures I would not have known it was a wig.

Yozhik
May 13th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Maddy, the wig is awesome! It looks absolutely natural, and suits you wonderfully.

You're gorgeous, and you look especially gorgeous with long hair :)

Jessica Trapp
May 13th, 2010, 09:38 PM
It's so cute! Love the photos.

:)

Mae
May 13th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Wow! The wig looks like real, healthy hair. Rock it!

3azza
May 14th, 2010, 02:16 AM
i think it's nice, and you look beautiful wearing it, it does not look like a wig in the photos, i like it...

fashionaddict
May 14th, 2010, 02:21 AM
It looks great!:) Although you look really edgy in a pixie also. :thumbsup:

Purdy Bear
May 14th, 2010, 03:17 AM
I think it looks brilliant on you. Whats it made of? I have several wigs due to my Alopecia, but Iv found them so itchy I cant wear any yet. I have mostly synthetic hair, but one real hair wig.

Nae
May 14th, 2010, 05:26 AM
Well, I wouldn't have known it was a wig. My 9 year old son came over here and I asked him if it looked fake. He said "What looks fake?" I said her hair, and he said, "No, she looks pretty." Then I kept scrolling down and he saw your pixie and he goes, "Whoa!" He was cracking me up. So there you go, it is definately a little boy approved look!

30isthenewblack
May 14th, 2010, 05:53 AM
I think it looks great! I can understand your boyfriend's reaction. He's kind of put in a no win situation. If he says it looks fantastic, you might be bummed about your short hair so the only safe response is to say he loves your hair as it is ... which I'm sure he does because the length of your hair I'm guessing doesn't determine how much he cares about you!

Maddy25
May 14th, 2010, 06:03 AM
Thank you soooo much everyone! Your sweet comments made me smile this morning!

Well, I wouldn't have known it was a wig. My 9 year old son came over here and I asked him if it looked fake. He said "What looks fake?" I said her hair, and he said, "No, she looks pretty." Then I kept scrolling down and he saw your pixie and he goes, "Whoa!" He was cracking me up. So there you go, it is definately a little boy approved look!

hahah, this made me giggle, kids are usually always honest so yay! What a sweet boy :)

Flynn
May 14th, 2010, 06:12 AM
It looks fantastic.

Hey, considering that I've worn a cheap synthetic bobbed wig and managed to fool everyone (admittedly, it's pretty well the same colour and tone as my natural hair, and my hair's pretty thick so the volume of it isn't too unbelievable...) I can't imagine anyone noticing that yours is a wig.

yellowchariot
May 15th, 2010, 02:10 PM
You're the best cheater I've ever seen! That looks totally legit. The best part is that it looks great on you! I give your style 2 thumbs up and 5 stars (you'll have to settle for cheese, instead of stars lol)
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

jaine
May 15th, 2010, 02:16 PM
I LOVE the glasses ... and the pixie ... and the wig. Speaking of which, where's the picture of wig with the glasses? :)

Sunsailing
May 15th, 2010, 03:25 PM
It really softens your appearance. And the style really brings out your beautiful eyes! (Your eyes are kind of hidden behind those glasses ; - )

If I saw you, I would only think, "Wow, what a gorgeous red head!" (and then my wife would punch me in the shoulder because she would know what I was thinking :) )